Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3111213 1415 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"
icantbejon 06:45 AM 12-01-2009
The Pats looked very off last night. I don't know what it was in the Saints game plan, but it worked. They seemed one step ahead all night. Brees looked amazing, his TD passes were on point.
[Reply]
icantbejon 06:47 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
:-)

Funny stuff there.
Funny because as written, sounds like some folks can't lose gracefully and give credit where due.
The Saints are insane this year.
Only by a miracle will they not be in the Super Bowl and one thing is for sure, it won't be against the Patriots.
I think the Patriots have now shown they can blow out a 0-5 Titans team and can beat up on Tampa Bay but can't beat two undefeated ones. Man I was praying for Brees to throw at least two or three more touchdowns and rack up the score a bit more.

(disclaimer here, not a Saints fan but a fan of great football)
The Saints will have a tough game against Minn if it gets to that point. That could be a monster NFC title game given the right circumstances.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 06:54 AM 12-01-2009
Unless Favre/Peterson or Brees gets hurt :-) they will be the 1-2 seeds in the NFC, so Championship game should be awesome.
[Reply]
icantbejon 06:56 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Unless Favre/Peterson or Brees gets hurt :-) they will be the 1-2 seeds in the NFC, so Championship game should be awesome.
agreed, the NFC is fairly soft this year minus these teams. That never stops surprises, down games, or cindarella stories though.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:15 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
The Saints will have a tough game against Minn if it gets to that point. That could be a monster NFC title game given the right circumstances.
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
I think the Saints can beat Minnesota due to their defense. While Minnesota's is good, the Saints' D is much better.
I can see Sharper putting a dent on Favre, who has a tendency to throw a few picks here and there, mostly here.

The key is in fact all staying healthy.
[Reply]
jmsremax 03:00 PM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
The Pats looked very off last night. I don't know what it was in the Saints game plan, but it worked. They seemed one step ahead all night. Brees looked amazing, his TD passes were on point.
All I can say is that Brady looked nervous bc Light was back.
[Reply]
macpappy 04:41 AM 12-03-2009
Geaux saints!
[Reply]
Blueface 05:16 AM 12-03-2009
I can't help but notice how quiet this thread has gotten suddenly, post losses to Indy and N.O.:-)
[Reply]
dogface_313 10:29 AM 12-03-2009
Not being intentionally quiet, just haven’t had much to say. We will still win our division, barring something catastrophic. That being said, I still like our chances in winning the AFC. I don’t see Indy as a better team, just very lucky that they came back in the fashion they did; as well as a recipients of a gift in the form of a bobble. However NFC looks strong for the first time in a while. Saints are legit.
[Reply]
VTDragon 01:34 PM 12-03-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I can't help but notice how quiet this thread has gotten suddenly, post losses to Indy and N.O.:-)
Ya, the mission seems to have been somewhat derailed lately. My big concern after the humiliating loss to the Saints is that other teams will copy what N.O. did in double teaming both Welker and Moss, thus revealing just how suspect the balance of our receivers are. In prior years Brady has been known for how well he spread the ball around. This year it has been the big two receivers or nothing. Funny how it took until the eleventh game of the season for some opposing coach to figure that out, but there it is.

I believe that the Pats will win the AFC East, but if they are going to do anything in the playoffs the other receivers, the defensive secondary and the pass rush need to improve dramatically. Miami will be a good test this week.
[Reply]
coastietech 02:46 PM 12-06-2009
Just want to say haha! Love watching those Pats deconstruct. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:56 PM 12-06-2009
Well you're guaranteed a win next week. Panthers benched Jake, but they still suck.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:05 PM 12-06-2009
Bad decision not to kick a field goal and take the automatic three points.
No pass rush, the secondary stinks, bad coaching on both sides of the ball, Brady playing like a rookie.
Heads should roll.
The Pats have turned into a bad football team
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:16 PM 12-06-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Ya, the mission seems to have been somewhat derailed lately. My big concern after the humiliating loss to the Saints is that other teams will copy what N.O. did in double teaming both Welker and Moss, thus revealing just how suspect the balance of our receivers are. In prior years Brady has been known for how well he spread the ball around. This year it has been the big two receivers or nothing. Funny how it took until the eleventh game of the season for some opposing coach to figure that out, but there it is.

I believe that the Pats will win the AFC East, but if they are going to do anything in the playoffs the other receivers, the defensive secondary and the pass rush need to improve dramatically. Miami will be a good test this week.
Not just double teaming Moss and Welker that's the problem. The game against the Colts exposed the Pats defense, which is to say to they have no defense and really have no pass rush and no secondary

Saints studied that film, and embarassed the Pats secondary. Dolphins followed suit.
[Reply]
VTDragon 08:39 AM 12-07-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Not just double teaming Moss and Welker that's the problem. The game against the Colts exposed the Pats defense, which is to say to they have no defense and really have no pass rush and no secondary

Saints studied that film, and embarassed the Pats secondary. Dolphins followed suit.
I can't disagree. I was even more frustrated watching the Miami game than I had been watching the Colts game, in both games the Patriots played well enough to win but were let down by their defense. Add to that Belicheck's apparent mind cramps when it comes to fourth down situations, (I was all for going for it in the Colts game, but to forego an easy field goal vs Miami was just stupid). Pats may still win the AFC East, but they're going nowhere with this current defense.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:28 PM 12-09-2009
Any Patriots fans nervous whatsoever about Carolina? Just wondering. Most of us Carolina fans assume that we are gonna lose big time this week, but were just wondering how the Pats fans feel. We got us a QB that hopefully won't throw 12 interceptions a week, finally. He'll be ultra conservative, but at least he won't throw passes to the Pats on every play. Jake sucks!
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:47 PM 12-09-2009
I think a lot depends how the four players Belichick sent home today for being late for a meeting react?
The message has been sent :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:49 PM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I think a lot depends how the four players Belichick sent home today for being late for a meeting react?
The message has been sent :-)
Yeah, I see a big dawg or two got sent. That will probably motivate them.:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 10:56 AM 12-10-2009
I like to think the Patriots are going to win easy, but I thought they would do the same against Miami last week and we saw how that worked out. It's becoming increasingly hard to maintain my usual optimisim about the Pats especially in light of Belicheck sending four of his "bad boys" home yesterday for being late to practice. Unfortunately the bad boys attitude is all too indicitive of what has been wrong with this year's team. They just don't care enough to go the extra mile, (especially in the fourth quarter it seems), to nail down a win in close games.

I'll be rooting for them this week as usual, but with my fingers crossed.
[Reply]
jmsremax 12:22 PM 12-10-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Well you're guaranteed a win next week. Panthers benched Jake, but they still suck.
Good thing I will be at the game sunday :-)
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3111213 1415 > Last »
Up