Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 53
« First < 3111213 141523 > Last »
Sports>*2009 MLB Thread*
Bruins Fan 03:04 PM 05-08-2009
Red Sox Rays tonight, man we have a hard time with then guys :-)
[Reply]
SmokinDuck 01:56 AM 05-09-2009
Man, I don't get it...

Lose to the Orioles twice then come home and CRUSH the Mariners in the first game of the series.

UGH!!!
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:23 AM 05-09-2009
Yankees had a good win last night. Also caught the end of the Nats game, exciting finish!
[Reply]
SmokinDuck 03:23 PM 05-10-2009
Ya gotta love our goofy broadcaster Bert Blyleven for following through on his bet to eat 2 nightcrawlers for Parkinsons research. I last heard that they had around $15000 in donations.

Bert is awesome.

Watch the videos, Bert V.Worm.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FSN-No...2590925?ref=nf
[Reply]
SmokinDuck 11:29 PM 05-13-2009
Tigers 10
Twins 14
13 innings

Thanks for Joe Crede!
0-2, 2 out and a very nice GRAND SLAM HOME RUN!!!

WHAT A GAME!

I love this game. Yes, even when we lose.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:49 PM 05-25-2009
My Mets need to wake up!!! Starting to play all sloppy!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:06 PM 05-26-2009
sox had a hell of a game monday. they just need to get on a win streak
[Reply]
LookAtBigErn82 06:28 PM 05-26-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
sox had a hell of a game monday. they just need to get on a win streak
Should of been four in a row but those pesky Pirates stole one from us on Monday.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:31 PM 05-26-2009
Originally Posted by LookAtBigErn82:
Should of been four in a row but those pesky Pirates stole one from us on Monday.
Finally, a white sox fan on the board:-)
[Reply]
LookAtBigErn82 07:57 AM 05-27-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Finally, a white sox fan on the board:-)
How about Colon last night? He actually looked pretty good from the few highlights I saw. A lot better then his last outing.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:15 PM 05-28-2009
Originally Posted by LookAtBigErn82:
How about Colon last night? He actually looked pretty good from the few highlights I saw. A lot better then his last outing.
He looked a ton better. Maybe he is turning things around. You never know, he could get back to his 2005 status:-)
[Reply]
SmokinDuck 09:06 PM 05-28-2009
Here's something I've never seen before.

7th inning...

MIN...Starting catcher ejected.
MIN...Head Coach ejected.

Next inning, a few minutes later...

BOS...Starting catcher ejected.
BOS...Head Coach ejected.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:17 PM 05-28-2009
Umps seem to have some quick trigers lately...
[Reply]
PeteSB75 08:50 AM 05-29-2009
Nah, just that particular ump. Must have had a fight with his wife that morning. Everyone interviewed was mystified as to why he ejected everyone soo quickly. At least Varitek hit a couple homers before he got the boot. The MIN catcher was arguing a safe call at home, while Tek was arguing the strike zone to keep Beckett from starting in on the ump about it. In both cases, the ump tossed them after less than 10 seconds of talk.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 10:29 AM 05-29-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinDuck:
Here's something I've never seen before.

7th inning...

MIN...Starting catcher ejected.
MIN...Head Coach ejected.

Next inning, a few minutes later...

BOS...Starting catcher ejected.
BOS...Head Coach ejected.

Rookie ump. Them guys have to realize the game is not about them.
Terry Francoina had to be treated by the EMT'S for high blood pressure in the club house after the game.:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 01:46 PM 05-29-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Terry Francoina had to be treated by the EMT'S for high blood pressure in the club house after the game.:-)
I'm surprised that Tito hasn't exploded prior to this. He has the patience of a Saint with the starting pitchers. DiceK alone is enough to induce heart trouble in anyone.
[Reply]
SmokinDuck 02:21 AM 05-30-2009
Redmond had a very close play. It was his first ejection ever. I don't think he would have ever tried to argue if he didn't think he got the tag, he's better than that.

Yeah, I found out tonight that the ump was called up from the minors to fill in because a regular was out sick or something.

That ump is only about 32 years old. Aren't most umps somewhere around 45 to 50? That guy needs to stay umping in the minor league until he is old enough to not flip out and toss someone when someone gets in his face for 10 seconds, couldn't take it so toss them, meh.

LOL, at least whoever was in the sound booth missed the button when Beckett when off, I heard all the cuss words on the TV, I love that. But, I will say that Beckett did throw a strike and that ump was so very wrong.

I like my team but I don't like it when the opposing team gets terrible calls.

AND wtf is up with the O's, I see them actually winning a few games. :-)
[Reply]
taltos 03:43 AM 05-30-2009
That ump is a temporary call up from Triple A and is being used as a fill in for another real umpire who is on leave right now. He is just more proof that for the past several years the younger umpires have been becoming more confrontational and are seeking out excuses to get into beefs with players and coaches. They seem to think that the game is about them. Redmond, first ejection, Varitek, only the fourth ejection in his long career and the first since 2005. Makes you think.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:19 PM 05-30-2009
David Ortiz makes me want to scratch my eyes out,
Between him and Lugo them two have cost us at least 6 games?
How much longer can this continue?
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:14 PM 05-30-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
David Ortiz makes me want to scratch my eyes out,
Between him and Lugo them two have cost us at least 6 games?
How much longer can this continue?
Sox need to make a move. At this point you cant let feelings for the guy get in the way.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 53
« First < 3111213 141523 > Last »
Up