Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 33
« First < 3111213 141523 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Rolling your own
wayner123 02:25 PM 12-06-2011
Thanks so much for letting us all tag along on your journey. I don't want to jinx you, but I got to ask... have you seen any beetles or beetle eggs? I don't know the method by which they store or fumigate the whole leaves from leafonly. Do you think giving them a sleep in the freezer is a good thing? I mean does it look like the leaves would dry out too easily?
[Reply]
Marlon K 02:30 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by BlkDrew:
just by them smell of this shipment of Dominican fillers, I can tell this will be a tasty smoke.
This is how i get my filler, stacked- somewhat moist, which is why i have to let them sit and rest so long after rolling

And i just use a rough leaf for the binder. Thick leaves work better because they wont tear. but you could also use two thinner leaves.

and this is how i leave the first batch of maduros... for today
ImageImage
Are you going to sell any ? If so I will buy some to try
[Reply]
BlkDrew 04:44 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Thanks so much for letting us all tag along on your journey. I don't want to jinx you, but I got to ask... have you seen any beetles or beetle eggs? I don't know the method by which they store or fumigate the whole leaves from leafonly. Do you think giving them a sleep in the freezer is a good thing? I mean does it look like the leaves would dry out too easily?
I ha e looked very closely at all the leaves I use and I have only seen a couple black shiny dots and the leaves that they were on I threw out. Other than that I have seen nothing.
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 12:20 PM 12-07-2011
This is my favorite thread lol
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 02:32 PM 12-07-2011
Right where they belong---cant wait to try one thanks Drew
[Reply]
Flounder 02:51 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by Ncpsycho:
Right where they belong---cant wait to try one thanks Drew
Man that likes his Nubs, I gotta try some.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:52 PM 12-07-2011
Shhhh be very quiet, shes sleeping...

...Image

Wheres Roxy???
[Reply]
irratebass 02:53 PM 12-07-2011
Nice collection there Kevin! :-)
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 06:27 PM 12-07-2011
Thanks im fond of nubs. Lol thats just a taste i wish i had more money hahaha
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 06:28 PM 12-07-2011
Cant wait for the maduros drew keep me in the loop and thanks
[Reply]
BlkDrew 07:27 AM 12-08-2011
Started wrapping the maduros today. Will post pics later. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:27 AM 12-08-2011
Awesome, can't wait!
[Reply]
irratebass 07:32 AM 12-08-2011
:-)

Will be firing mine up tomorrow!!
[Reply]
Boz 07:35 AM 12-08-2011
:-) :-)
[Reply]
BlkDrew 11:04 AM 12-08-2011
Let me just start off by saying.... Rolling a maduro is very difficult, due to the fact that the leaf is velvety soft, and can tear at any given time... luckily with a lot of patience, I was able to roll 10 using 10 wrapper leaves. hydration is very important with these leaves.

also there are a lot of darker tobacco juices, which can stain your hands...

and finally, i have 12 but i rolled 10 today.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:09 AM 12-08-2011
Those look amazing Andrew!!!
[Reply]
irratebass 11:09 AM 12-08-2011
Let me just start off by saying.... Rolling a maduro is very difficult, due to the fact that the leaf is velvety soft, and can tear at any given time... luckily with a lot of patience, I was able to roll 10 using 10 wrapper leaves. hydration is very important with these leaves.

also there are a lot of darker tobacco juices, which can stain your hands...

and finally, i have 12 but i rolled 10 today.
Doing a great job Andrew! We all thank you for the hard work.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 12:00 PM 12-08-2011
Some CT shade and Havan Prime are for sale in the WTS/T

so.. if anyone would like to know, I will be getting a second mold to do a 42x5, It will save me on filler, and not everyone likes a Robusto.

for the next mini batch, I am using the same Dominican blend, but with a maduro binder and maduro wrapper.... guess you could call it a "double maduro" :-)

[Reply]
irratebass 12:17 PM 12-08-2011
Some CT shade and Havan Prime are for sale in the WTS/T

so.. if anyone would like to know, I will be getting a second mold to do a 42x5, It will save me on filler, and not everyone likes a Robusto.

for the next mini batch, I am using the same Dominican blend, but with a maduro binder and maduro wrapper.... guess you could call it a "double maduro" :-)
DOUBLE MADURO? :-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 12:19 PM 12-08-2011
Started wrapping the maduros today. Will post pics later.
Andrew, I really love what you are doing with the leaf.:-) I can't wait to try some; I plan on smoking one ROTT and letting the others rest for awhile maybe 6 months....if they last that long.:-)

Curious on something??? Is there any reason you never got involved in the Newbie sampler trade? You have been a member here since Dec 2009 and really don't have any trader feedback other then the PIF's you have done recently. Just my curiosity running rampage here. No harm and no foul intended.:-)

[Reply]
Page 13 of 33
« First < 3111213 141523 > Last »
Up