Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 126 of 225
« First < 2676116124125126 127128136176 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
elderboy02 12:12 AM 07-31-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 03:29 PM 07-31-2011
Reds sweep the world champion San Francisco Giants! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 03:34 PM 07-31-2011
Goofy isn't it? They're the biggest teasers in the league!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:34 PM 07-31-2011
6.5 games back and only 9.5 games out of the Wild Card:-) :-) :-)

At least the Reds won the closest thing they are going to get to the World Series this year :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:36 PM 07-31-2011
It's always so refreshing to see your unceasing positive spin on the Reds, Adam!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:40 PM 07-31-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
It's always so refreshing to see your unceasing positive spin on the Reds, Adam!
I am the realist where Dan is the idealist. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:44 AM 08-01-2011
Anyone else surprised that the Reds didn't make any significant moves? Looks like the are cashing it in this year and hoping to 'develop talent' for next season. I really thought they would make a move to get back into contention. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:26 PM 08-01-2011
Not surprised at all. We've been told we need a big bat in LF since Dunn left and they've done nothing. They did nothing this offseason either other than bring in Lewis and Renteria. Wasn't expecting much, despite Walt saying he was in buyer mode. Other than Rolen, I can't think of an impact player that Walt's brought us during his tenure. And Rolen was only an impact for the end of '09 and the first half of last year.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:41 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Not surprised at all. We've been told we need a big bat in LF since Dunn left and they've done nothing. They did nothing this offseason either other than bring in Lewis and Renteria. Wasn't expecting much, despite Walt saying he was in buyer mode. Other than Rolen, I can't think of an impact player that Walt's brought us during his tenure. And Rolen was only an impact for the end of '09 and the first half of last year.
The more I see Walt do nothing, the more I am convinced he may have more control of the lineup than Dusty. Dusty's quote was something to the effect of "I guess we have to play with who we got", almost sounds like a quote that he was hoping to improve the roster. :-)

Walt is convinced that the team on the field is going to be competitive some day, well how long do Reds fans have to wait to see that? They have given Stubbs ample time to be a successful lead off hitter, and he bats .250 and lead the MLB in strikeouts. They have given Volquez and Bailey numerous starts and trips to Louisville to fix their problems and they still wouldn't be #5 starters on most contenders rotations. :-)

I realize I am far from a Reds homer, but I am a sports fans and watching the hometown team put such a poor product on the field is kind of wiggity-whack. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:33 PM 08-01-2011
I am fine with them not making any trades. I was listening to Mo Egger and its like he said... 1 of the players out there would not help this team make up 6 games. It would not be worth trading away 2 prospects who may help us in the future as opposed to this season only.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:35 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I am fine with them not making any trades. I was listening to Mo Egger and its like he said... 1 of the players out there would not help this team make up 6 games. It would not be worth trading away 2 prospects who may help us in the future as opposed to this season only.
The longer they wait to 'develop talent', the more likely it will be that Votto and Phillips are gone. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:34 PM 08-01-2011
Nice follow up to sweeping the Giants by losing to the worst team in baseball, on errors by Stubbs and Hannigan no less. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:04 PM 08-01-2011
Man that sucked. I bet Hanigan is pretty p!ssed at himself for that one. Once again, the highest scoring offense in baseball only scored three runs.:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:07 PM 08-02-2011
Man, its too bad Walt didn't pull off the supposed trade that was in the works. Votto for Bautista straight up. That would have been a great trade for both sides. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:45 PM 08-02-2011
Not sure I would want it (I'm a little shaky on Bautista), but it would have fixed the LF situation and open a spot up for Alonso.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:44 PM 08-02-2011
Any thoughts on Alonso? Is he gonna be the next Votto, or is he gonna be another Bruce (who would be great if he could get consistent)? We keep hearing so much about this kid, but he hasn't shown a lot since being called up (even though he hasn't gotten a lot of time in). He definitely doesn't belong in LF. Looks a lot like Adam Dunn's kid out there.:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:02 PM 08-02-2011
Not sure I would want it (I'm a little shaky on Bautista), but it would have fixed the LF situation and open a spot up for Alonso.
Bautista has a longer contract, for a cheaper price than Joey will demand. It would have opened up 1B for Alonso and given the Reds one credible outfielder. It would have traded the only .300+ hitter the Reds have for another but with no one supporting either, what could they have done? :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:10 PM 08-02-2011
Any thoughts on Alonso? Is he gonna be the next Votto, or is he gonna be another Bruce (who would be great if he could get consistent)? We keep hearing so much about this kid, but he hasn't shown a lot since being called up (even though he hasn't gotten a lot of time in). He definitely doesn't belong in LF. Looks a lot like Adam Dunn's kid out there.:-)
This is one of the problems with the Reds, they want to develop all the talent they have rather than filling gaps where they have them. They would rather have 3 SS's and bring up a 1B to play LF, than trade one to upgrade something they need. :-)

You hear a ton about all the prospects and how great they are before they get to the show, and so far only Cozart has lived up to the hype in the last two years (and that was for such a short period of time). Janish was supposed to be the man, but has done nothing but struggle at the plate and is sometimes a liability in the field. Bruce looks good for a few months out of the year, but never consecutively, Stubbs still can't figure out how to be a leadoff hitter, Bailey spends weeks and weeks on the DL and is not great when healthy. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:39 PM 08-02-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:42 PM 08-02-2011
Reds going for the series win against the worst team in baseball tomorrow :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 126 of 225
« First < 2676116124125126 127128136176 > Last »
Up