Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 122 of 138
« First < 2272112120121122 123124132 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
WhiteMamba 07:23 PM 05-26-2014
So I have some cigars that are in tubes do they have to be in a humidor or are they good on their own?
[Reply]
massphatness 07:27 PM 05-26-2014
They should be in your humidor. The tube isn't a long term humidification device.
[Reply]
TXSmokey 09:03 PM 05-26-2014
Originally Posted by Pobreng Kapre:
Hi! :-) Newbie here. I have been smoking cigars for almost 3 months now. Unfortunately, i don't have that many choices here. Specially the cheap ones. Right now, i'm only smoking Quorums. I tried the Partagas No. 4 once and it was really good. :-)
try the newbie sampler trade thing on here
[Reply]
TXSmokey 09:04 PM 05-26-2014
[quote=CdnStogie;1953397]So - is it possible to overfill a humidor? When I bought this I was told you can put in about 40 cigars, definitely have way more than that in it...

have you calibrated the hygrometers?
[Reply]
atrin90 11:18 AM 06-10-2014
Hello To everyone,, im new to this forum and cigars in general ,, i recently bought a cigar which the shopkeeper put it in a metal tube for me , the tube didnt have those cedar sleeves, i just put it in a kind of ziplock bag to smoke it the day after , but when i startet to light the cigar it felt like it weighed much less and it didnt taste good like usual (ramon allones specially selected) it was like dry and started tunneling, i dont have any humidor but sticks were usually allright for a day or too ,, im wondering what might have caused it to dry so fast ? could it be the metal tube without cedar sleeve?? :-)
[Reply]
baust55 11:48 AM 06-10-2014
I bought a dozen small 62% humidity packs on amazon I put one in a ziplock with cigars not in humidor .

AUSTIN
[Reply]
bobarian 12:56 PM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by atrin90:
Hello To everyone,, im new to this forum and cigars in general ,, i recently bought a cigar which the shopkeeper put it in a metal tube for me , the tube didnt have those cedar sleeves, i just put it in a kind of ziplock bag to smoke it the day after , but when i startet to light the cigar it felt like it weighed much less and it didnt taste good like usual (ramon allones specially selected) it was like dry and started tunneling, i dont have any humidor but sticks were usually allright for a day or too ,, im wondering what might have caused it to dry so fast ? could it be the metal tube without cedar sleeve?? :-)
Cedar should not have made a difference if you smoked it within a day or two. Hopefully this was a one-off situation. Sorry about the RASS. :-)
[Reply]
mk05 01:28 PM 06-10-2014
It rather sounds like it was humid when and where you were smoking. When a cigar tunnels, it is a sign of either:
- non-corresponding age of tripa and capote
- high ambient humidity relative to the cigar that makes the capa and capote not burn as fast as the inner tripa that is not as exposed

Of course, the cigar could have been dry coming into the shop but looked moist at the shop due to humidification element, and dried out immediately and into drier equilibrium once out of the humidor.
[Reply]
atrin90 02:20 PM 06-10-2014
thanks a lot , appreciate the replys:-) im eager to learn about cigars.where I live is very Dry , about 12% humidity, so if its not because of the metal tube then there , the cigar felt so light-weight and was burning relatively fast , producing too much smoke and tasted like those machine-made cheap cigars, the band was loose as well ,is that due to dryness? maybe im just unlucky lol cause i bought 2 h uppman sir winstons from the same shop and they were both plugged like hell ! couldnt draw from it at all , could there be something wrong with the way they store their cigars?
[Reply]
icehog3 03:46 PM 06-10-2014
It certainly could be the result of improper storage at the shop you buy them at.
[Reply]
mk05 10:49 PM 06-10-2014
Certainly could be storage, certainly could be the atmosphere.
[Reply]
MOGator2000 10:25 AM 06-28-2014
So do a lot of online reading of reviews and news. Often see leaf described as Ecuadorian Habano but sometimes mentioned as Havana. Are Habano leaf and Havana leaf the same?
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:20 AM 06-28-2014
Originally Posted by MOGator2000:
So do a lot of online reading of reviews and news. Often see leaf described as Ecuadorian Habano but sometimes mentioned as Havana. Are Habano leaf and Havana leaf the same?
Yes, if it's in the context I am thinking.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:33 PM 06-28-2014
Originally Posted by MOGator2000:
Just be aware that "Ecuadorian Habano" may be grown using Cuban seed, but it is not Cuban tobacco.
[Reply]
TigersFan27 11:00 PM 06-30-2014
Are we allowed to offer up cigars for trade or sale? Since I am new I would ship first. I am curious what section of the forum this would apply to? Reason being is when I first got into the hobby I bought some boxes of cigars and have many multiples. I am trying to try other more popular blends.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:05 PM 06-30-2014
Originally Posted by TigersFan27:
Are we allowed to offer up cigars for trade or sale? Since I am new I would ship first. I am curious what section of the forum this would apply to? Reason being is when I first got into the hobby I bought some boxes of cigars and have many multiples. I am trying to try other more popular blends.
With time and participation doors will open. Until then there is the Newbie Sampler Trade to get you started. :-)
[Reply]
TigersFan27 09:45 PM 07-02-2014
Thanks for the info.
[Reply]
atrin90 09:16 AM 08-01-2014
Hi , sometimes when i smoke a cigar, i see some sparkling little dots on the cigar and also on my hands , i was curious if its from the band or cigar itself ? , thanks
[Reply]
68TriShield 09:18 AM 08-01-2014
Hi , sometimes when i smoke a cigar, i see some sparkling little dots on the cigar and also on my hands , i was curious if its from the band or cigar itself ? , thanks
It's probably the oils from the tobacco.
[Reply]
Fredo456 04:29 PM 08-02-2014
Some bands do lose their gold paint on contact.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 138
« First < 2272112120121122 123124132 > Last »
Up