Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 122 of 350
« First < 2272112120121122 123124132172222 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
GreekGodX 01:17 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:

Q. Does it matter what 2 body parts I combine during my workout?
Ex. is it better to do biceps and back or biceps and chest OR..does it not matter what 2 I combine for my routine as long as it's 1 large muscle group and 1 small muscle group?
Bao this is a loaded question. Who says doing a body split is in fact the best way to workout? Why not try full body workouts? Something to think about.

A good way to set up a routine around a body split is by using a push/pull routine. For example for arms a pulling excercise would concentrate on biceps while a pushing excercise would concentrate on triceps. Chest/back push would be bench, pull would be bent over rows. I really like splitting my workouts like that and it just seems to be more functional then a pure body split.
zemekone 01:18 PM 08-20-2009
Big Muscles = Back, Chest, Abs?
Supporting = Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders?

I asked BigFrank and he replied in great detail but I lost the PM from way back..:-)
abs are not a big muscle group

big muscle groups: chest, back, legs
supporting for:
chest: shoulders and triceps
back: biceps and shoulders

that was the lazy mans answer
Mugen910 01:20 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Bao this is a loaded question. Who says doing a body split is in fact the best way to workout? Why not try full body workouts? Something to think about.

A good way to set up a routine around a body split is by using a push/pull routine. For example for arms a pulling excercise would concentrate on biceps while a pushing excercise would concentrate on triceps. Chest/back push would be bench, pull would be bent over rows. I really like splitting my workouts like that and it just seems to be more functional then a pure body split.
Thanks for the input Kristos. I was doing a full body workout but got tired of the same old thing so I changed it to 2 parts a day...again..I just lift the weights..I don't actually know what I'm doing..kinda like smoking cigars :-)

Originally Posted by zemekone:
abs are not a big muscle group

big muscle groups: chest, back, legs
supporting for:
chest: shoulders and triceps
back: biceps and shoulders

that was the lazy mans answer
Thanks Gerry..
zemekone 01:27 PM 08-20-2009
bao, how many days a week are you goin in...
Mugen910 01:37 PM 08-20-2009
bao, how many days a week are you goin in...
right now..consistently 3x cuz I've usually got 1 softball game during the week and practice.. Yes I play slowpitch softball. :-)
GreekGodX 01:42 PM 08-20-2009
For me I try to stick with 1 program for as much as 6 months. I understand you get bored but if you are just getting back in then you should build a strong foundation first on one routine. Then change it up.
zemekone 01:43 PM 08-20-2009
right now..consistently 3x cuz I've usually got 1 softball game during the week and practice.. Yes I play slowpitch softball. :-)
1st day: chest, tri, shoulders, abs
2nd day: legs
3rd day: back, bis, traps, abs
Mugen910 01:49 PM 08-20-2009
For me I try to stick with 1 program for as much as 6 months. I understand you get bored but if you are just getting back in then you should build a strong foundation first on one routine. Then change it up.
I'd be lucky if I kept up for 6 months without taking a 1 month break..
I feel like a :-)

(ok I just wanted a reason to use that smiley :-))

3 exercises per muscle at 3 sets while increasing weight or just find one weight I can hold for 3 sets?
zemekone 01:55 PM 08-20-2009
you dont plateau after 6 weeks?

I'd be lucky if I kept up for 6 months without taking a 1 month break..
I feel like a :-)

(ok I just wanted a reason to use that smiley :-))

3 exercises per muscle at 3 sets while increasing weight or just find one weight I can hold for 3 sets?
bao what are you trying to do with your body?
BigFrank 02:00 PM 08-20-2009
Not a bad split. Id go with this.
Day#1 Week #1 Shoulders Tris
Day#2 Back
Day#3 Chest Bis
Day#1 Week #2 Squat
Day#2 Shoulders Tris
Day#3 Back
Day#1 Week #3 Chest Bis
Day#2 Legs
Day#3 Shoulders Tris
Day#1 Week #4 Back
Day#2 Chest Bis
Day#3 Legs

But Bao is going for abercrombie look so i ultimately recommend;
day #1 Leg press super set with bicep curls, after a week or two totally skip all leg activity and just o some calves.
day#2 Bench press super set with triceps then biceps. At least 6-10 working sets on flat bench. Eblows flarred of course.
day #3 More bench at least 40 working sets for biceps. Triceps and calves. maybe some shoulder pressing. If done recommendations is to use half reps and wide grip or bar. Or use dumbbells altogether and shorten range as much as possible.
Mugen910 02:00 PM 08-20-2009

bao what are you trying to do with your body?
Not look like Tom...My gawd he's a big boi!

just stay strong and I would like to lose some weight...Ideally I've love to shred up but I like fried fatty food too much :-)
zemekone 02:10 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
day #1 Leg press super set with bicep curls, after a week or two totally skip all leg activity and just o some calves.
day#2 Bench press super set with triceps then biceps. At least 6-10 working sets on flat bench. Eblows flarred of course.
day #3 More bench at least 40 working sets for biceps. Triceps and calves. maybe some shoulder pressing. If done recommendations is to use half reps and wide grip or bar. Or use dumbbells altogether and shorten range as much as possible.
whats wrong with that workout? thats my workout spot on except that you add in 300 reps of decline crunches, 300 reps of regular crunches, and 5 sets of 5 min planks... :-)
Mugen910 02:13 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Not a bad split. Id go with this.
Day#1 Week #1 Shoulders Tris
Day#2 Back
Day#3 Chest Bis
Day#1 Week #2 Squat
Day#2 Shoulders Tris
Day#3 Back
Day#1 Week #3 Chest Bis
Day#2 Legs
Day#3 Shoulders Tris
Day#1 Week #4 Back
Day#2 Chest Bis
Day#3 Legs

:-) Yeah that's it..I want the Abercrombie after 20 years of eating fried foods look wait..I already got that..:-)
zemekone 02:19 PM 08-20-2009
:-) Yeah that's it..I want the Abercrombie after 20 years of eating fried foods look wait..I already got that..:-)
personally i dont think you can get that abercrombie look goin in 3 times a week... but what do i know?
GreekGodX 02:20 PM 08-20-2009
you dont plateau after 6 weeks?
Once I see signs of a plateau I take a week off. Most of the time it works out to being around 6-8 weeks then I take a week off. No sense in still lifting balls to the wall if I'm not seeing gains. My workouts are rotated as far as exercises, intensity of lifts, rest times and reps/sets to prevent plateauing. For a beginner I wouldn't be worried about plateauing quickly.

A beginners problem is they don't stick with a workout long enough to see results. 6weeks for a beginner is not enough time to benefit maximally to a routine. :-)
Chris. 05:07 PM 08-20-2009
Hit the gym today for the first time in about 3 weeks! Worked out harder on bench than I have in a good long while. Did some back and legs along with the chest. Working legs wore me out today. Tried pull throughs for the first time today. Seemed to do a lot for my lower back. Is that where it is supposed to effect? I'm going again tomorrow, but focus entirely on chest/abs. I gotta lose this flab.
WildBlueSooner 06:57 PM 08-20-2009
Did Core Synergistics today...that is one tough workout. I have a 5k in the morning
icehog3 07:00 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Did Core Synergistics today...that is one tough workout. I have a 5k in the morning
Good luck in the run, James. :-)
Starchild 07:11 PM 08-20-2009
I hit them gym this afternoon, which is rare. I'm normally one for the 6:30 am class.

today's Crossfit WOD was:
Clean
hang clean
split jerk

6 reps of each, then 5, 4...
200m run between each round

Started out with 115#, went down to 95# after the first round. Time was 17:10

I've been trying to supplement my workout with a little extra chest work, so I hopped on the bench for 4 sets to failure once I caught my breath.
WildBlueSooner 08:00 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Good luck in the run, James. :-)
Thanks Tom...my knees have been a little sore lately, so I will take it easy. :-)
Page 122 of 350
« First < 2272112120121122 123124132172222 > Last »
Up