Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 121 of 350
« First < 2171111119120121 122123131171221 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Starchild 07:33 AM 08-18-2009
Crossfit WOD today was nothing but deadlifts. After a good warm up, we pounded out 150 reps. My time was 13:15 at 95#. Jumped on the bench press machine afterward and knocked out a couple sets.
Ken 08:26 AM 08-18-2009
Anyone here like putting plates under their heels during front squats? I personally do not though I might be missing good reasoning behind it.
jkim05 12:02 PM 08-18-2009
Legs today. Just couldn't seem to get going so I quit a bit early and did some cardio
WildBlueSooner 12:03 PM 08-18-2009
Core Synergistics after work today
BigFrank 01:38 PM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by Ken:
Anyone here like putting plates under their heels during front squats? I personally do not though I might be missing good reasoning behind it.
I don't care for it personally.
The reasoning behind it, is to direct more of the focus on your quads. Push with your toes, its going to be mainly quads. Push with your heels its going to be mainly hamstrings doing the work.
Only thing I can add to this would be avoid doing it all of the time. Eventually your quads will totally over power your squat. In my observations guys, that avoid and/or cannot go deep in the squat is directly linked to weak hamstrings.

Use them sparingly, also, I would go light and high rep with these.
The Professor 02:50 PM 08-18-2009
a quick back/bi day this morning b/c i got up late. hit pull-downs heavy, bent-over rows, one-arm rows (PR), one-arm reverse-grip pull-downs, hammer curls, and preacher curls.

in and out in under an hour ... just like prom. :-)
BigFrank 04:46 PM 08-18-2009
Hit some back today. that's bout it.

i feel extremely tired.
The Professor 05:12 PM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Hit some back today. that's bout it.

i feel extremely tired.
:-)

I'm in and out of consciousness. :-)
jkim05 12:07 PM 08-19-2009
Hey, i realized that I'm starting to develop some stretch marks on my pecs and arms. I freaked out last night, but I've calmed down a bit and wanted to see if you guys had any opinions/solutions. Is that just a part of lifting, or is there something I can actually do about it?
Chris. 12:12 PM 08-19-2009
Dont women rub sunflower oil or something on their pregnant bellies to prevent stretch marks? Lemme do a quick search...Here ya go! http://www.ehow.com/how_3358_reduce-stretch-marks.html
icehog3 03:02 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by jkim05:
Hey, i realized that I'm starting to develop some stretch marks on my pecs and arms. I freaked out last night, but I've calmed down a bit and wanted to see if you guys had any opinions/solutions. Is that just a part of lifting, or is there something I can actually do about it?
I got stretch marks where my shoulders and delts tie in many, many years ago Jeremy, They faded with time, but sometimes when you put on a lot of muscle in a short time, it is inevitable. You may be able to reduce them with some topical lotions, but probably not eliminate them completely.
The Professor 10:55 AM 08-20-2009
yesterday was "off" -- just 30 minutes of cardio.

today was legs. I was supposed to meet a friend; but he got sick. hit leg press heavy -- working up with reps to failure from 2pie to 16pie ... then back down to 8. that about killed me. :-) followed it up with some stiff-legged deads, ham curls, machine squats, and 15 minutes of cardio.

I'm wrecked. :-)
GreekGodX 10:55 AM 08-20-2009
How deep are the stretch marks?? If they look pretty deep then they may stick around for a while. I have some on my legs above my knees but they aren't noticable because I have hairy legs :-)
King James 11:05 AM 08-20-2009
Chest on Tuesday was killer, feeling good today....going to try and get to gym later today otherwise tomorrow is back/shoulders
jkim05 12:13 PM 08-20-2009
Well, I've gotten over my panic a little, since I realized I'm not a girl or a model. In any case, they're not too bad, more a slight annoyance to me more than anything, but just wanted to nip it in the bud. Had a nice long workout of Back and Bi's and some cardio. Chest and Tri's and some more cardio planned for tonight.
Starchild 12:28 PM 08-20-2009
Well, I've gotten over my panic a little, since I realized I'm not a girl or a model. In any case, they're not too bad, more a slight annoyance to me more than anything, but just wanted to nip it in the bud. Had a nice long workout of Back and Bi's and some cardio. Chest and Tri's and some more cardio planned for tonight.
When my wife was pregnant, she rubbed cocoa butter on her belly to help prevent stretch marks. You could try that :-)

On a serious note, there is a product, Mederma, that is supposed to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
Mugen910 12:33 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
How deep are the stretch marks?? If they look pretty deep then they may stick around for a while. I have some on my legs above my knees but they aren't noticable because I have hairy legs :-)
Well you are Greek:-)

Been hitting the gym 3x a week consistently the last few months.

Q. Does it matter what 2 body parts I combine during my workout?
Ex. is it better to do biceps and back or biceps and chest OR..does it not matter what 2 I combine for my routine as long as it's 1 large muscle group and 1 small muscle group?
zemekone 12:37 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:

Q. Does it matter what 2 body parts I combine during my workout?
Ex. is it better to do biceps and back or biceps and chest OR..does it not matter what 2 I combine for my routine as long as it's 1 large muscle group and 1 small muscle group?
usally I put the big muscle group with the supporting muscle groups...
Mugen910 01:02 PM 08-20-2009
Originally Posted by zemekone:
usally I put the big muscle group with the supporting muscle groups...
Big Muscles = Back, Chest, Abs?
Supporting = Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders?

I asked BigFrank and he replied in great detail but I lost the PM from way back..:-)
icehog3 01:16 PM 08-20-2009
Between the crud I caught at the Shack and the playoffs, probably going to lay low for the rest of the week, and hit the gym hard next week. Keep kicking butt, fellow warriors!
Page 121 of 350
« First < 2171111119120121 122123131171221 > Last »
Up