Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 82
« First < 2101112 13142262 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
icehog3 07:32 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Nice to see another Cats fan here :-) I like the improvement in passing and speed I've seen so far this season
If Dale Tallon works the magic there the way he did in Chicago, Panthers will be in the mix sooner than later. Smart feller, that Dale. :-)
Bruins Fan 03:32 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Craig Anderson just had a bad 33 seconds. :-)
Trick or treat is over for the B's they played a good game :-)
taltos 06:26 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Trick or treat is over for the B's they played a good game :-)
Most complete game of the season.:-)
darkleeroy 10:05 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Nice to see another Cats fan here :-) I like the improvement in passing and speed I've seen so far this season
We're a rare breed... Well, Miami fans that stick around during rebuilding periods are a rare breed period.

I really like how our offense is playing very much how you've described it. Our defense, on the other hand, shows glimpses of hope; but there shouldn't be as much pressure on our goalies as they've been getting lately.
Ahbroody 11:28 PM 11-03-2011
Gutty performance tonight by the boys in teal. Niemi pisses his pants 2 minutes into the game and the team goes down 0-2. Niemi gets the hook and the boys battle back and win it in the shootout. That was also one of the best OT periods I have seen in a while.

Clowe is a beast.
darkleeroy 06:43 AM 11-04-2011
That was a great game yesterday, although I knew once the shootout started that there was no way Markstrom could block both Toews and Kane, on top of that Corey wasn't phased at all at our rag tag shootout corps.
GreekGodX 06:54 AM 11-04-2011
Anyone see the fight in Canucks/Wild game? Clutterbuck punches the ref in the face twice :-) Here was the best video I could find that shows both punches, fast foward to 27 seconds.

youtube Clutterbuck
Gophernut 08:58 AM 11-04-2011
Yes I did. Watching it last night with my son. He thought it was pretty bush league of the Canuck player trying to lift Clutterbuck into the Canuck's bench. Then when he swung, and hit the ref, he started laughing. I will say that the ref looked shocked, and then pretty ticked off!
The Wild are playing really good hockey right now!
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Anyone see the fight in Canucks/Wild game? Clutterbuck punches the ref in the face twice :-) Here was the best video I could find that shows both punches, fast foward to 27 seconds.

youtube Clutterbuck

357 12:11 PM 11-04-2011
No worries in Hockeytown. They will right the ship.
Ahbroody 01:50 PM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
No worries in Hockeytown. They will right the ship.
No one was even talking about detroits losing streak. It's the 800lb gorilla in the corner. If your not worried good for you. If the Sharks were getting beat like that and the defense looked that bad I would be concearned. If there are no worries then the media must be lying. What's interesting is next year when the old man retires it could be a total disaster unless some big moves are made.
357 01:55 PM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
No one was even talking about detroits losing streak. It's the 800lb gorilla in the corner. If your not worried good for you. If the Sharks were getting beat like that and the defense looked that bad I would be concearned. If there are no worries then the media must be lying. What's interesting is next year when the old man retires it could be a total disaster unless some big moves are made.
They will HAVE to bring in a big name or two. They will have the cap room. It's just a matter of who is available.

The local media is giving the streak some airtime. A few are asking the inevitible questions but overall the opinons are that the pucks just aren't going in for them. I admit I haven't watched yet this season. I've been way too busy. What I'm hearing is they are getting chances just none finding the back of the net. They you have those nights were Howard has stood on his head and yet no offense. Others where Howard or Conklin weren't as good as they needed to be. Not really sure myself. I need to DVR some games. At least I can watch them even if it's the next day.
GreekGodX 03:29 PM 11-04-2011
Yea the D hasn't been great. Too many turnovers and getting caught too deep in the offensive zone. I think the bigger problem is the lack of goal scoring. Wings are just frustrated and you can tell. Franzen is hesitating on shooting big time. Once we start lighting the lamp things should get better. We are still taking a ton of shots, just not getting the 2nd, 3rd or 4th chances anymore which is also a problem. Homer IMO should have retired before the season started.
Bruins Fan 04:46 PM 11-04-2011
That's the same deal with the Bruins,they should have at least three more wins?
The guys could not put the puck in the ocean,missing empty net after empty net.
Last week at practice Julien brought four nets on the ice with no goalies and had the team just shoot pucks all practice.
E.J. 07:21 PM 11-04-2011
Nice first for the Avs. Start the second on the pp(1:50ish)... Go Avs!!!
E.J. 08:04 PM 11-04-2011
TERRIBLE 2nd....TERRIBLE...
Bruins Fan 02:12 AM 11-06-2011
Tyler Seguin's first hat trick and B's shut out the Leafs 7-0.:-)
That's two in a row and the B's are looking good :-)
357 02:42 PM 11-07-2011
I actually got to watch part of the Wings/Ducks game. In a 5-0 win, they looked a lot better. I hope they can make it 2 wins straight against the Avs tomorrow.
darkleeroy 07:08 PM 11-08-2011
I don't know if the Leafs are in a funk, or the Panthers are getting out of theirs. Either way, I'll take the win if they get.
Ahbroody 07:42 PM 11-08-2011
Sharks continue to do well despite having either the worst or second worse PK in the league.
They need to fix that crap. It's ugly viewing.
E.J. 08:00 PM 11-08-2011
Avs lose.... Boooooooo
Page 12 of 82
« First < 2101112 13142262 > Last »
Up