Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 138
« First < 2101112 13142262112 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
E.J. 11:51 AM 10-12-2010
This he was talking about your clip Mike....

Nothing significant last night, just Hartnell being Hartnell IMO....
icehog3 01:23 PM 10-12-2010
Wizzer imitates Sean Avery's mother....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONb5waVYAGM
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:27 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

:-):-)
yourchoice 01:29 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by E.J.:
This he was talking about your clip Mike....

Nothing significant last night, just Hartnell being Hartnell IMO....
:-) I watched almost the entire game, and I'm trying to think when Hartnell was being Hartnell (don't get me wrong, I know exactly the type of stuff you're talking about - being an agitator). I know he tried to follow up a rebound and skated recklessly into the net...is that what you're talking about?

The one play I couldn't figure out was the Interference/Unsportsmanlike concurrent penalties with Carter and Anderson. I understand the call as it was a bit of both, but why in the world did they let the play continue and then allow the draw in the Flyers defensive zone? If they were concurrent minors, the draw should have been either at the end of the penalties or the neutral zone. Could have been a big factor. :-)
E.J. 01:52 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
:-) I watched almost the entire game, and I'm trying to think when Hartnell was being Hartnell (don't get me wrong, I know exactly the type of stuff you're talking about - being an agitator). I know he tried to follow up a rebound and skated recklessly into the net...is that what you're talking about?

The one play I couldn't figure out was the Interference/Unsportsmanlike concurrent penalties with Carter and Anderson. I understand the call as it was a bit of both, but why in the world did they let the play continue and then allow the draw in the Flyers defensive zone? If they were concurrent minors, the draw should have been either at the end of the penalties or the neutral zone. Could have been a big factor. :-)
It was not just the flying through Anderson. He was doing stuff that seemed to get my attention all night. Nothing huge, just little stuff that I would think….what a douche. My original comment was actually after he ran someone at the net after the whistle. Don’t remember who it was, but they didn’t appear to be near enough to Bobrovsky to get his panties in a bunch.

I have no idea what happened with the Interference/unsportsmanship…. I was all ready to go on the powerplay & what would most likely turn into a 6-4 and then they open the door in the Avs penalty box…. I never did see the replay, I was a little agitated....

Yes….why no whistle, letting Anderson go to the bench…??? It was odd….
357 02:06 PM 10-12-2010

Pretty funny stuff. Avery isn't the most popular player in the league (with other players that is).
DPD6030 02:29 PM 10-12-2010

That made my day today since work blows today. No pun intended :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:38 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
That made my day today since work blows today. No pun intended :-)
Nice one Andrew:-)
lyle23 03:11 PM 10-12-2010
lets see what the NHL does about that lil gesture done towards avery. everyone flew off the deepend when avery made his comments. granted he shouldnt have said what he said, where he said it, but any man would have said that in his shoes. alot of people including his current coach said there is no place for avery in hockey. as a professional athlete there is no place for what either of them did. but you wont hear much about disciplinary actions cuz this was done by wiezwho? i watched this game yesterday cuz i am a life long rangers fan and i couldnt believe i had seen what weiznewski did.
icehog3 03:25 PM 10-12-2010
Wiz will get a suspension, a Blackhawks defenseman got one for a less-offensive gesture during the preseason.

But saying Avery said what "any man would have said that in his shoes" is bull. I wouldn't have, nor would most of the hockey guys on this thread, but we all have a ton more class than Avery does. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:26 PM 10-12-2010
Wiz will get a suspension, a Blackhawks defenseman got one for a less-offensive gesture during the preseason.

But saying Avery said what "any man would have said that in his shoes" is bull. I wouldn't have, nor would most of the hockey guys on this thread, but we all have a ton more class than Avery does. :-)
:-)
Prefy 04:35 PM 10-12-2010
Niklas Hjalmarsson suspended for two

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337210

Suspension makes sense to me...it was an ugly hit but no intent to injure and Hjalmarsson doesn't have a history of being a dirty player.

An unfortunate event that sometimes just happens, hopefully Pominville will make a full recovery.
E.J. 05:04 PM 10-12-2010
Not extremely confident with the Avs going into Detroit who has been waiting for them....

Going to go downstairs, find a nice smoke, head outside and watch through the glass. GO AVS!
yourchoice 05:16 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Prefy:
Niklas Hjalmarsson suspended for two

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337210

Suspension makes sense to me...it was an ugly hit but no intent to injure and Hjalmarsson doesn't have a history of being a dirty player.

An unfortunate event that sometimes just happens, hopefully Pominville will make a full recovery.
I just watched it on youtube. The first angle they showed (where you could see both players' faces) looked a lot dirtier than the angle from behind where you could see he didn't raise his elbow. Definitely a suspendable hit though, IMHO.

Two games means Hjalmarsson's first game back will be Saturday against...the Sabres. That will be an interesting game to see. I'll be watching baseball though...someone (cough - Tom :-)) let us know if there is any retribution.
E.J. 06:20 PM 10-12-2010
Nice first for the Avs, minus giving up that quick first goal.....

Go Avs!
icehog3 06:22 PM 10-12-2010
I didn't think Nik would get more than 1 game, I know he fely bad about the injury. I heard Sabres coach Ruff say he knows that Nik isn't that kind of player, so I don't look for anything but clean, hard checks by the Sabres on him on Saturday.
E.J. 08:19 PM 10-12-2010
Yipper!
Eleven 08:50 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
What did I miss? I love me some douchebagery
The link to the video of Avery getting 'blown off' was in the Smiley :-)
Eleven 08:53 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Video Clip of the Year. So Far :-)
Click the Smiley. Guess I shouldn't have hidden it so well huh? Its a slightly different angle than the other posted here, and better quality.
357 07:00 AM 10-13-2010
I saw that hit on youtube. IMO it was a dirty hit. The victim didn't have the puck, nor was he even near it. He was hit from behind. The angle Niklas Hjalmarsson may not have a history of this kind of play but it was pretty bad.
Page 12 of 138
« First < 2101112 13142262112 > Last »
Up