Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 2101112 13 >
All Cigar Discussion>DBall's Newb Blind Taste Test Thread #2
DBall 09:17 PM 05-06-2010
Originally Posted by Riff Raff:
Welcome back Dan! How was Aruba? Or do I need to ask! :-)
It was pretty good... The wife taught Zumba pretty much every day. Also we stayed with friends there, so we weren't really on our own time. It was more like a work vacation for Shelley and I just tagged along and took photos.
[Reply]
Montano 04:57 PM 05-07-2010
:-)

All done.
[Reply]
NeuRon 06:16 PM 05-07-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
I just tagged along and took photos.
Pics or Negative Reputation and Subsequent Ban.... lol
[Reply]
Riff Raff 02:33 PM 05-08-2010
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
Pics or Negative Reputation and Subsequent Ban.... lol
Hahaha. I second that!
[Reply]
DBall 07:23 AM 05-09-2010
Well... that ends it... all the cigars have been smoked.

I'll probably put the last reviews up tomorrow during the day when I have some time.

It's been fun, guys!
[Reply]
Riff Raff 08:21 AM 05-09-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
Well... that ends it... all the cigars have been smoked.

I'll probably put the last reviews up tomorrow during the day when I have some time.

It's been fun, guys!
It HAS been fun! It has been a blast! I can't thank you enough Dan for not only the opportunity, but the overwhelming generosity as well! A true BOTL!
[Reply]
Montano 03:08 PM 05-09-2010
Originally Posted by Riff Raff:
It HAS been fun! It has been a blast! I can't thank you enough Dan for not only the opportunity, but the overwhelming generosity as well! A true BOTL!
I could not have said it better !! Thanks Dan, one helluva BOTL !!
[Reply]
tomc3084 03:24 PM 05-09-2010
Originally Posted by Montano:
I could not have said it better !! Thanks Dan, one helluva BOTL !!
[Reply]
DBall 09:18 AM 05-14-2010
Montano Cigar #10

Let me start off by thanking Dan for allowing me to be a part of this great thread. This was incredibly fun !

Obviously Dan saved the best for last. This cigar had nice construction. Pre-light draw was typical of a CC.

I'm getting some nice caramel flavors right from the start. The smoke is very creamy and thick. The burn is nice and even.

The second third continues with the same caramel flavor. My lips are also getting a sweet flavor on them. This one is burning nice and slow.

The final third gets a bit stronger with a mix of caramel and tobacco. The flavor is great on this one. These CC's just keep getting better and better.

I'm giving this one a 10. Not because it was the last one, but it really was the best of the bunch !
[Reply]
DBall 09:19 AM 05-14-2010
Riff Raff Cigar # 10

Last one! Bummer, huh? Well let's see what happened!

A nice looking chocolate brown wrapped cigar! The calibrated eyeball says it is a 6.5 X 44. There are no soft spots, no blemishes. A very nice looking cigar!

Prelight - Nice draw, a little tug on it which is nice. Some grassy flavors. So on we go:

First light - Grassy with a hint of chocolate. Oh and what is this? SPICE! Oh hell yeah! Very nice! The ash is dark gray and firm. Lots of smoke too!

1/3rd: Lots of spice. I mean lots of it! There is some wonderful cinnamon there as well. The retrohale is toasty! This is starting off as one hell of a smoke!

2/3rd: Still spicey! There are some toasty flavors creeping in. Damn, this certainly bodes well!

3/3rd: Still spicey! There is still some toast flavors in there as well. Now comes the cedar. There is some pepper in there as well.

Overall: What a spice bomb! Great flavors, wonderful construction! No problems on the burn, it was razor sharp! A great flavor of cedar on the finish! Dan has certainly left the best for last. I can't find one thing I didn't like about this smoke. It lasted for about an hour and 20 minutes. I give this smoke a roaring 9.6!!!!! MORE! I wan't more of these!!!

What a way to end it! Dan, I thank you for the great opportunity and the wonderful smokes! You truly embody what being a BOTL entails!
[Reply]
DBall 09:22 AM 05-14-2010
What they smoked:

2007 Trinidad Ingenios

Montano score: 10
Riff Raff score: 9.6

[Reply]
issues 09:24 AM 05-14-2010
What a way to wrap it up!

Great reviews guys; this thread has been a blast to read. :-)
[Reply]
DBall 09:31 AM 05-14-2010
Nearly 4 months and 20 cigars later, this thing is done.

It started out with Nick hating habanos and how he's giving them 9's and 10's... :-):-)

Not only that, this is the first one that actually fully completed... if you check the first thread, Slavac disappeared before completing #10.

So... I take it you all enjoyed yourselves?

Now to contemplate beginning round 3...
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 09:34 AM 05-14-2010
Great job guys. I have really enjoyed this one too. What a nice stick to end it with!!
[Reply]
weak_link 09:38 AM 05-14-2010
Nice finish! Warms my heart that they appreciated the Trini. :-)
[Reply]
macsauce13 10:31 AM 05-14-2010
Awesome. This has been great, guys! Thanks for the great read!
[Reply]
MarioF 10:34 AM 05-14-2010
This was a great tread to follow along with. I learned a lot from it. It is very interesting how the CC really grows on you. I have found the same thing, from one occasionally to now almost being my go to cigar.

Dan I hope you do another it was great!!
[Reply]
DBall 10:42 AM 05-14-2010
Well... if anyone does want to be considered for the next one, read the first post in this thread and get working on some of the prerequisites (1 decent picture review... maybe even practice by using the format these guys do with 5 photos and have a trade or 2 under your belt).

It may be a couple weeks before I do another one, so you have time. :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:55 AM 05-14-2010
Excellent job, gents!
Great job Dan for supplying and running this whole thing.

If anyone is looking to do something like this there is the Blind taste Test/ PIF Thread available! (shameless bump)
[Reply]
cigarz 11:07 AM 05-14-2010
Great job guys. This was always the first thread I would check when signing on. Now, what am I going to do for the next two week!
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 2101112 13 >
Up