Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 352
« First < 2101112 13142262112 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
floydpink 12:53 PM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
it's awesome isn't it? it was so easy to get one i had a FL permit years before i moved down here. it took about a month to get it transferred to a residents permit.

BTW, if you look hard enough finding a new glock could be in the 400 range. not all the best deals are at the gun shows. i could put you in touch with someone who might run you a special if need be.
Damn, that would be cool if I could get a Glock 19 for 400ish.
elderboy02 01:01 PM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Damn, that would be cool if I could get a Glock 19 for 400ish.
That is going to be hard. I am looking at the gun site I frequent and they are going for much higher that. I am sure you know that right now guns are going for a lot of money right now. Dealers can pretty much name their price.
barbourjay 01:35 PM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
That is going to be hard. I am looking at the gun site I frequent and they are going for much higher that. I am sure you know that right now guns are going for a lot of money right now. Dealers can pretty much name their price.
yes they can to the people who believe we will have the right stripped soon.

as i said i know these people and i'm sure they would give you a deal but i don't know if it would be worth driving to tampa to do it.
elderboy02 01:42 PM 01-18-2009

as i said i know these people and i'm sure they would give you a deal but i don't know if it would be worth driving to tampa to do it.
I know there are some out there for around $400, but I am just not sure where.
Thrak 02:23 PM 01-18-2009
check gunbroker.com... you can find some good deals there.
floydpink 03:12 PM 01-18-2009

I would definitely drive to Tampa. Headed to Ft Lauderdale tommorow though for a week. For a Glock G19 in good condition, it'd be worth the 1 hour drive. Heck, I'd love to take you out for lunch too Jeremy.

There seems to be a lot of people buying guns and getting permits, acting like Obama is gonna take away everyone's guns.

There's a chance he'll ban assault rifles, which I don't agrue with, but they'll have to pry my cold dead fingers off my guns.
barbourjay 03:27 PM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:
check gunbroker.com... you can find some good deals there.
you can find good deals there but remember you have to ship to a FFL and pay theirs fees. it helps to have a good friend with one though.
barbourjay 03:27 PM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I would definitely drive to Tampa. Headed to Ft Lauderdale tommorow though for a week. For a Glock G19 in good condition, it'd be worth the 1 hour drive. Heck, I'd love to take you out for lunch too Jeremy.

There seems to be a lot of people buying guns and getting permits, acting like Obama is gonna take away everyone's guns.

There's a chance he'll ban assault rifles, which I don't agrue with, but they'll have to pry my cold dead fingers off my guns.
i'll talk to john and see what kinda price he can get. send ya a PM when i hear back.
floydpink 03:39 PM 01-18-2009
Ok cool.

I've tried a bunch and it's pretty much the Glock 19 or save up for the Sig...

In other words, if I don't get the 19, I don't get a Glock.
Ace$nyper 04:39 PM 01-18-2009
you can find good deals there but remember you have to ship to a FFL and pay theirs fees. it helps to have a good friend with one though.
Yup, I keep telling myself that before I slide down that slope...
smokeyandthebandit05 05:13 PM 01-18-2009
If anyone is interested ableammo.com has 1000 rounds of PMC Bronze .223 for 449.50.
GhostRyder 06:35 PM 01-18-2009
Check out www.wisconsincartridge.com for .223. They are reloads, but a case of FMJs for $300 is hard to beat in this day and age. Sadly. Never had a problem with their reloads, and I am pretty picky about what I put through the Bushmaster.

I'll check out that case of PMC though. $449 isn't too bad. Although I'd proly go 5.56 for those prices.
warpedcigars 07:17 PM 01-18-2009
Brother called me today, told me he bought me something. He sent me this picture. Standard Glock 23. Now if only I can snag an AK before they go up again, ill be happy.
GhostRyder 10:29 PM 01-18-2009
Mmm... I love some Compact Glock ****. It is sad, my G19 cost nearly $500 in late November. Last summer you could get one for a bit under $400 around here. Price gouging at its finest.
elderboy02 04:56 AM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by warpedcigars:
Brother called me today, told me he bought me something. He sent me this picture. Standard Glock 23. Now if only I can snag an AK before they go up again, ill be happy.
Very nice! You can tell that the gun is new, and not used b/c you can see the copper compound on the slide that comes from the factory.
Mark C 08:17 AM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
do any of you guys have any civil war era weapons? At some point I would like to buy a musket or carbine which are awesome guns.
I've got a rifled musket that probably doesn't work any longer. Very similar to a Springfield 1863, but I think it's actually a European gun, maybe Prussian.

I've been trying to get a better ID on it, do you have any contacts who may be able to help out? The biggest problem is there are no brands or other identification marks that I can see.
gettysburgfreak 08:59 AM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:
I've got a rifled musket that probably doesn't work any longer. Very similar to a Springfield 1863, but I think it's actually a European gun, maybe Prussian.

I've been trying to get a better ID on it, do you have any contacts who may be able to help out? The biggest problem is there are no brands or other identification marks that I can see.

can you post a pic of it?
warpedcigars 09:58 AM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Very nice! You can tell that the gun is new, and not used b/c you can see the copper compound on the slide that comes from the factory.
Yeah, I was iffy if it was brand new, knowing my brother, haha. Hopefully be able to get my carry permit in Nov when I turn 21. Really wanna take it to the range, but I have to wait till he brings it home with him from UF.
barbourjay 10:09 AM 01-19-2009
509 is the cheapest that both of my locals can get a 19 for. i feel it's a ripoff but it's what the market is carrying right now. honestly i wouldn't pay that much for a glock. i'd be looking at a sig or a HK. or buy a used one. the price would be different they said if they had one in stock.
Mark C 03:21 PM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
can you post a pic of it?
Check out this post:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost....22&postcount=3

I found a link somewhere with a picture of one for sale that looked identical, but it didn't have very much info. Can't find that link any more either.
Page 12 of 352
« First < 2101112 13142262112 > Last »
Up