Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 23
« First < 2101112 131422 > Last »
Sports>J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
Wanger 08:04 AM 10-12-2010
All I can say is that they outplayed the Vikes in the first half, and when the game was on the line, Bert was Bert. Not much else I can say. Good luck!
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:43 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Wow!

I would say I would bet the house, the car and the wife on one of them for sure.
The other? Aren't we putting the cart before the horse here?
He has potential but to date, that is all he has.
As an example, don't know too many HOF QB's that don't throw touchdowns in a game, in the red zone.
Mark threw a goose egg last night.

Great win for the Jets.
Don't piss in their wheaties Carlos. Sanchez is clearly the best young QB to come along since Ryan Leaf.
[Reply]
ujponds 06:41 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Don't piss in their wheaties Carlos. Sanchez is clearly the best young QB to come along since Ryan Leaf.
Haha, While Sanchez is anything but a HOF QB, 0 INTs in 5 games means something.

You are just DYING to talk smack, but alas you have to admit they look pretty good so far.:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:00 PM 10-12-2010
Glad the Jets beat the Viks:-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 04:27 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by ujponds:
Haha, While Sanchez is anything but a HOF QB, 0 INTs in 5 games means something.

You are just DYING to talk smack, but alas you have to admit they look pretty good so far.:-)
Um, no I don't. They've played nobody, and not Sanchez hasn't looked very good doing it. The fact they don't let him throw the ball downfield is the only reason he has not Int's much like what they did with him early last year. The problem with guys like Sanchez is eventually they have to be asked to WIN a game, not just be told not to LOSE it.
[Reply]
ujponds 05:52 AM 10-13-2010
Um, no I don't. They've played nobody, and not Sanchez hasn't looked very good doing it. The fact they don't let him throw the ball downfield is the only reason he has not Int's much like what they did with him early last year. The problem with guys like Sanchez is eventually they have to be asked to WIN a game, not just be told not to LOSE it.
I was about to post some stats for Sanchez showing how many yards has already has and how many 20+ yard passes he has and such.

I was about to argue how he was asked to win a game on national tv, on the road against a divisional rival in Miami.

I was about to argue that most people would say NE, Miami, Minnesota are NOT nobodies.

BUT after reading this and other posts you've written it is clear you haven't actually watched any Jets games and don't really have a firm grasp on the sport of football in general.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 08:21 AM 10-13-2010
I was about to post some stats for Sanchez showing how many yards has already has and how many 20+ yard passes he has and such.

I was about to argue how he was asked to win a game on national tv, on the road against a divisional rival in Miami.

I was about to argue that most people would say NE, Miami, Minnesota are NOT nobodies.

BUT after reading this and other posts you've written it is clear you haven't actually watched any Jets games and don't really have a firm grasp on the sport of football in general.:-)
Hmm........

Passing.............# 19 in yardage

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1
[Reply]
Blueface 08:23 AM 10-13-2010
Overall rating.............# 11, not bad at all.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG
[Reply]
Blueface 08:24 AM 10-13-2010
Over 20 yards...............16 of them.
Over 40 yards................One.
[Reply]
DBall 10:03 AM 10-13-2010
8 TD passes, 0 int and we have a strong rushing game... you don't have to throw the ball as long as ya get downfield. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:19 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
8 TD passes, 0 int and we have a strong rushing game... you don't have to throw the ball as long as ya get downfield. :-)
True.
Great teams do find ways of winning, however it may be, whether by running mostly and/or with a great defense. As a perfect example, the Ravens team that beat the Giants in the Super Bowl.

However, a HOF QB that does not make.
[Reply]
Resipsa 12:57 PM 10-13-2010
6.14 yards per completion. Second worst in the NFL
[Reply]
Resipsa 01:03 PM 10-13-2010
Tough to throw picks when you only have to throw 5 and 10 yard passes

The Jets have faced two good D's, Baltimore and Vikings. Sanchez rating in those games? In the 50's. Much like his lifetime completion percentage, LOL. The days of teams winning the SB with Dilfer quality qb's is over, and the Jets have a team of aging, overpriced free agents built to win now. Ain't gonna happen with Sanchez, Dan
[Reply]
Wanger 01:04 PM 10-13-2010
Who's worse? Faervaerveravervravervarvervarvervarearvreve?
[Reply]
Blueface 01:08 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Who's worse? Faervaerveravervravervarvervarvervarearvreve?
Believe it or not, he is better at 6.6.
[Reply]
colimo 03:50 PM 10-13-2010
BRONCOS!!! even banged up as they are...will bring the jets crashing to earth!!!:-):-)
[Reply]
DBall 04:02 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by colimo:
BRONCOS!!! even banged up as they are...will bring the jets crashing to earth!!!:-):-)
Or, the following will happen in this order:

1 - Jets will win

2 - the haters will come in and say "well... let's see what happens when they play a REAL team..." (again)
[Reply]
ujponds 05:28 PM 10-13-2010
Yup, and 0 INT, 1st among starting QBs and 8 TDs 7th. keep picking him apart.

I don't mind you hating, but come up with something new. My whole point is that everything you said applied to Sanchez and the Jets LAST YEAR. I mean last week he threw what 29 passes in the first half? Your going to hold it against him for going to the checkdown instead of throwing it into traffic like most 2nd year QBs?

You can hate all you want but come up with something new, enough with regurgitating the same crap every nervous Giants fan has said since this time last year.
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:48 PM 10-13-2010
Or, the following will happen in this order:

1 - Jets will win

2 - the haters will come in and say "well... let's see what happens when they play a REAL team..." (again)
Weeeellllllll......when ARE they going to play a real team?:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:32 PM 10-13-2010
You can hate all you want but come up with something new, enough with regurgitating the same crap every nervous Giants fan has said since this time last year.
Hey,
Leave my Giants out of this.

Quick story:
Guy finds a genie.
Genie says, I will grant one wish, any wish you want.
Guys thinks about it and says, I want to live forever.
Genie says sorry, that is the one wish I cannot grant you.
Guy then says he wants to live until the Jets win another Super Bowl.
:-)

Actually intended to be for the Browns but I guess also applies here.:-)

Disclaimer: I am not a Jet's hater at all. I am a NY fan and have been for 44 years. I am however a realist.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 23
« First < 2101112 131422 > Last »
Up