Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 2101112 1314 > Last »
General Discussion>Buying a new laptop- Apple?
King James 01:22 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
My mouse/touchpad has buttons to do all of that stuff.:-)

But seriously... Windows 7 is multi-touch compatible, but you have to touch the screen, not the touchpad. Of course it is only with certain select laptops.

I don't think the multitouch function will benefit PC users as much as Mac users though, due to the differences in the input between platforms. Mac users have difficulty learning to double-click, PC users have difficulty unlearning it.
what about all these demonstrated by His Steveness

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/15/m...ated-on-video/

edit: I still maintain this is an argument that will never be won.... but I can't help but play along anyways :-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:59 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Christos doesn't know it, but when I was at the MI HERF earlier this month, I made a copy of his credit card like you see the cool guys do in the movies. I have been buying cigars on his card for a few weeks now :-)
Hook me and Greg up, or we're blowing the whistle.
:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 03:19 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
My mouse/touchpad has buttons to do all of that stuff.:-)
Mac users have difficulty learning to double-click, PC users have difficulty unlearning it.
I don't think that is particulary true. I've been using double-click on my Mac for years. In fact you can program your mouse to do different things with double-click.
What took me some time (about 30 minutes) was learning to RIGHT-CLICK using a Microsoft mouse when I took up World of Warcraft. The smart mouse for a Mac doesn't have a left button/right button. So I now have two wireless mice for my laptop.
[Reply]
Resipsa 04:07 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
my kind of girl, :-)

Christos, CES is 1/7-1/10. I'd wait at least until then to see what's on the horizon. While in general I agree that waiting for new tech is a losing proposition, in this case I don't see what waiting one week to see what's coming out is going to hurt.

Tablets are going to be very hot this year, and if you're looking at Apple the long rumoured Apple Tablet is supposed to be coming soon.
[Reply]
King James 04:17 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
the long rumoured Apple Tablet is supposed to be coming soon.
don't remind me.... i don't think I really have the need for one....but it just seems like it will be so damn cool... I'll have to just resist
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:07 PM 12-28-2009
I just increased my credit limit for you guys! Enjoy :-) maybe a herf in Cuba? Or someplace with warm weather and a LCDH near. :-) just make sure I get an aisle seat guys.

All seriousness I was going to order today but now it is probably a good idea to wait. I need a laptop but I can wait a week just to take a sneak peak. Tablet looks like it will be very nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
shilala 06:05 PM 12-28-2009
Christos, it's supposed to be called an iSlate and it looks like a Giant iPhone.
It's supposed to be unveiled on the 26th. No optical drive. No Keyboard.
I imagine its going to be incredibly cool, and I'm going to have to sell my spleen to get one, but it's not a work machine like you need for school, by any means.
It's a mutitasking iPhone. A tablet multitasking iPod Touch, basically.
It'll be an awesome $2000 netbook. Not at all what you need for school.
Plus drop it once, see ya.
Add to that, it's all screen, so they won't offer a breakage warranty, and you'll have to pay $400 for a Square Trade warranty.
You'd definately look cool with it though, so there's that. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:47 PM 12-28-2009
Dropping expensive anything = my expertise :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:28 AM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Plus drop it once, see ya.
Here is a novel idea....................don't drop it.:-)

If that new Apple tablet is anything remotely close to the iPhone, you would be shocked. I have dropped mine from as much as 4-5 feet, at least on as many occasions and not a crack or malfunction. Granted, I use a plastic shell for it but just as they have those shells for the MacBook, I am certain the tablets will have them available also.

So, as dropping concerns go, perhaps you were referring to PC's.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:38 AM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Here is a novel idea....................don't drop it.:-)

If that new Apple tablet is anything remotely close to the iPhone, you would be shocked. I have dropped mine from as much as 4-5 feet, at least on as many occasions and not a crack or malfunction. Granted, I use a plastic shell for it but just as they have those shells for the MacBook, I am certain the tablets will have them available also.

So, as dropping concerns go, perhaps you were referring to PC's.:-)
I've launched my iPhone a couple dozen times too, Carlos. It's tough. I've always had a case though. A Frogz, then a Noel, and now an Otterbox.
The iPhone is little. The iSlate is supposed to have a 10" 720p resolution screen. Drop it on it's face on a little rock and it's history. It's just physics.
And Christos is gonna be running from class to class.
I'm old and stupid and go real slow and I still drop my phone at least once a day. :-)
I do agree with you that they are incredibly durable. I love this thing. Lisa loves hers, too. They're incredible.
That's why I gotta have the 3G iSlate. They're supposed to have a no 3G and a 3G version. My guess is I can yank my sim card and have a ten inch iPhone. That's easily worth 2k.
From the reviews, it's not likely to multitask or do anything else the touch and iphone doesn't do. That wouldn't really make sense, but that's what they're saying.
At any rate, it's supposed to be unvieled on the 19th or 26th.
And I want one. Bad. :-)
But it aint a college computer. Or a pc.
Come to think of it, I don't think I ever dropped my laptops. But the iSlate ain't a laptop, either. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:43 AM 12-29-2009
I must confess and I do beg of all, PLEASE don't tell my wife.
I just had sex with my MacBook.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
eber 08:57 AM 12-29-2009
:-):-):-):-):-) ^^^^^^
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:05 AM 12-29-2009
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB

Never going back.
[Reply]
357 02:47 PM 12-30-2009
bump for the sake of stirring the manure...
[Reply]
Blueface 03:44 PM 12-30-2009
Originally Posted by 357:
bump for the sake of stirring the manure...
I just had sex with my MacBook again.
Told it that it is in trouble now. Took a blue pill. Bring it on baby!!!
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:45 PM 12-30-2009
There's an app for that.
[Reply]
T.G 03:49 PM 12-30-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqN6749QqtA
[Reply]
Blueface 04:00 PM 12-30-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqN6749QqtA
Can't let the wife see that.
She may finally move up to a Mac herself.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
KenS 11:27 AM 01-12-2010
Had to bump this thread just to share this: PC Girl vs. Mac Girl

Ain't they cute? :-) :-)
[Reply]
ir13 11:39 AM 01-12-2010
Waiting till the event on the 27th myself before i decide to buy a macbook.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 2101112 1314 > Last »
Up