Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 45
« First < 2101112 131422 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>stirring the pot local B&M vs big internet
Starscream 04:11 PM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by Legend:
17/16 of 93% of stats listed on public forums are unreliable.
Originally Posted by Kreth:
41% of statistics are made up.
:-)
Nice one, fellas!:-)
WildBlueSooner 04:53 PM 03-03-2009
Statistics are like whores, play with them long enough and they'll do anything for you.
Hardcz 05:09 AM 03-04-2009
What about me? What about my needs? :-)
Legend 07:56 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
What about me? What about my needs? :-)
To quote the famous Bob Wiley "gimmie gimmie gimmie. I need. I need. Gimmie gimmie "
chenvt 07:59 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Nice one, fellas!:-)
Here's a stat:

Sex panther. 60% of the time it works, every time
ahc4353 08:00 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by chenvt:
Here's a stat:

Sex panther. 60% of the time it works, every time

I love that movie.

ahc4353 08:07 AM 03-04-2009
This should clear up the percentage debate:

Hardcz 08:14 AM 03-04-2009
I think you guys should mail me all of your wordly possessions, I'm gonna start a cult where you guys think I'm awesome. I'm going to start an amusement park called Dan Land, and only I'm allowed to go in it. You all can maintenance my rides.
icehog3 09:25 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
I think you guys should mail me all of your wordly possessions, I'm gonna start a cult where you guys think I'm awesome. I'm going to start an amusement park called Dan Land, and only I'm allowed to go in it. You all can maintenance my rides.
Good luck with that, Dan. :-)
pnoon 09:27 AM 03-04-2009
pnoon thinks this thread has gone way past its shelf life.
JKim 09:33 AM 03-04-2009
Everyone knows that Internet cigars are CREs. Cigars Ready to Eat
Hardcz 09:38 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Good luck with that, Dan. :-)
Thanks, I'll give you special access to Vodka Land.
md4958 09:48 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
pnoon thinks this thread has gone way past its shelf life.
md4958 thinks Peter is funny! :-):-):-)

and correct :-)
gvarsity 09:55 AM 03-04-2009
I think your conspiracy theory would take more time and energy than it is worth. For the most part same blend lower quality sticks are marketed as 2nds, overuns, knockoffs etc... There may be handling or storage issues whatever but cigars have variation where you can have differences in the same box let alone between different production runs.

If there was a significant actual difference in the product I think it quickly noticed buy consumers in general change the value of the economic equation for internet retailers and make a significant impact on internet sales. People aren't just looking for cheap smokes they are looking for the same cigars but at lower cost. There are number of reasons why internet retailers can have significantly lower prices.

Internet sales are primarily about cost. Internet providers can sell lower due to markets of scale for the large sellers like CS, lack of having to maintain the same ratio of retail space as a B & M and by avoiding state sales tax which in some states like CA are very significant. I suspect that the large warehouses of companies like CI are more consistently managed and maintained for temp and humidity than the majority of B&M retailers.

The benefits of a B&M stick are you are supporting a local business and likely an independent owner, you get to develop a relationship with the people that work there, have a community of other cigar smokers and often a comfortable place to enjoy your cigars in peace. Both have their benefits and drawbacks but in general they targeting very different aspects of the market.

For the smoker who has his own smoking room and prefers to smoke alone there is almost no incentive to shop at a B&M unless they want an occasional single between internet purchases and they don't want to pay the shipping. On the other hand someone who smokes infrequently and/or doesn't maintain a large personal humidor and appreciates the community of a local smoke shop and has access to a B&M that stocks most of what said smoker is interested in that smoker has almost no incentive to shop online.

In the end the question is not very meaningful. Internet purchasing and B&M purchasing satisfy different requirements once you get past the most basic transaction of trading money for cigars. Many of us do some of each to satisfy both sets of interests.

DOH should have read the whole thread and realized this debate was long past dead. Oh well since I wrote it I'll leave it up anyway.:-):-):-)
Legend 11:00 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by gvarsity:
DOH should have read the whole thread and realized this debate was long past dead. Oh well since I wrote it I'll leave it up anyway.:-):-):-)
The debate may be dead but it went basically like a DNC primary. A lot of opinions. No facts. A few personal attacks and no consensus.

I kill me.
Legend 11:02 AM 03-04-2009
The debate may be dead but it went basically like a DNC primary. A lot of opinions. No facts. A few personal attacks and no consensus.

I kill me.
The only way it could have resembled a DNC Primary more would have been if we had all called press conferences afterwards and claimed victory!

:-):-) Oh wow man, I'm on a roll :-)
thebiglebowski 11:15 AM 03-04-2009
The only way it could have resembled a DNC Primary more would have been if we had all called press conferences afterwards and claimed victory!

why are you replying to yourself?
SeanGAR 11:43 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
Perhaps the weed at the B&M is also better than the stuff you get online.
Hardcz 11:51 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
I was scratching my big belly wondering the same thing.
md4958 11:57 AM 03-04-2009
I kill me.
well, at least YOU find yourself funny.
Page 12 of 45
« First < 2101112 131422 > Last »
Up