Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 119 of 138
« First < 1969109117118119 120121129 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
AdamJoshua 08:41 AM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
+1 for these lighters, I've personally had much better luck with them than I have with the Ronsons. :-) :-)
+2 got one from my awesome secret santa, have been using it non-stop ever since, love this lighter.
[Reply]
Remo 08:48 AM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
+2 got one from my awesome secret santa, have been using it non-stop ever since, love this lighter.
Non stop? That is a great lighter :-)
[Reply]
357 11:55 AM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Non stop? That is a great lighter :-)
You should see the size of that external butane tank. It's like a 55 gallon drum with backpack straps.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 09:18 PM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
"Smoke rings" they are essentially a bar graph of what the system calls reputation points. You can give +/- reputation on someone's post by clicking on the picture of the scale (to the left of the report post icon). When you get enough positive points, you get another ring. You can also disable the display of rep points from your user options, when this is done, you'll see a black square there rather than the rings.

They really don't mean anything. Anyone can give +/- rep on any post for any reason, so in reality, it's just a way of private messaging for a specific post.

You can see your rep points by clicking on the "User CP" link in the top bar.

I just "bumped" (gave positive rep) to your post so that can see what I'm talking about when you look in your CP.
Thanks Adam I got it now. I was looking all over trying to figure it out.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 09:21 PM 03-28-2014
Heres a question for you guys. What is the etiquette for making returns on cigars ordered online for problems like wrapper defects like cracks and stuff like that. Do you send it back ever time or only if its real bad or just live with it? I have sent a few back but I'm not sure if its normal or I'm just being picky. TIA
[Reply]
MrClean 09:28 PM 03-28-2014
Depends on the retailer, most will send replacements if you call. And many don't require that you return the damaged ones. I honestly haven't had issues with any online orders, the occasional wrong sticks sent but never had any damaged, might just be lucky. :-)
[Reply]
stevef2005 09:39 PM 03-29-2014
Originally Posted by gravel:
Some questions for ya'll:

1. I currently use matches or a pipe lighter to light my cigars. These work great in the garage, but less than stellar in the great outdoors. What lighters do you recommend and what should I look for in a butane lighter?

2. This one might be better as it's own thread. What are the origins of the groups I see around here? (Zombies, Mafia, others?)

Another option, and the one I use, it the Typhoon Triple flame. I picked mine up on Amazon about 9 months ago. I have had not issues with it.

ttp://www.amazon.com/Prestige-Import-Group-Typhoon-Lighter/dp/B003V0OSPO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1396150579&sr=8-3&keywords=Butane+Torch+lighter
[Reply]
stevef2005 09:41 PM 03-29-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
Heres a question for you guys. What is the etiquette for making returns on cigars ordered online for problems like wrapper defects like cracks and stuff like that. Do you send it back ever time or only if its real bad or just live with it? I have sent a few back but I'm not sure if its normal or I'm just being picky. TIA

Maybe it is me but if you are unsatisfied with the product you received always make contact with the retailer. I would be willing to bet that ALOT of larger retailers will atleast try and rectify the situation as best they can. Then again if you are not satisfied with the retailer just don't use them again.

I personally though have not had any issues so far with an online retailers messing up an order or sending damaged product. Granted I only have 10 or so orders under my belt as I am still figuring out what I really like so I visit a few B&Ms for a lot of my sticks.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 06:25 PM 03-30-2014
Ok guys you have been great at answering questions. Here is on I have about a friend I have who I Am trying to get started smoking. Every time he smokes he gets sick (vomiting). Do you guys have any cigars you would recommend for a beginner that would be easy on his stomach?
[Reply]
pnoon 06:44 PM 03-30-2014
Ok guys you have been great at answering questions. Here is on I have about a friend I have who I Am trying to get started smoking. Every time he smokes he gets sick (vomiting). Do you guys have any cigars you would recommend for a beginner that would be easy on his stomach?
Is he inhaling?
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 07:03 PM 03-30-2014
No he seems to be doing everything right. I gave him a 5 Vegas torpedo to smoke tonight thinking it would be pretty mellow for him but he still blew chunks
[Reply]
Remo 07:05 PM 03-30-2014
Too strong of cigars? Too much vitamin N? If he smokes mild cigars and still vomits either he in inhaling as Peter mentioned or he is just not cut out for cigars...they are not for everyone.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 07:08 PM 03-30-2014
Well he says he isn't inhaling what mild cigars do you guys recommend? He likes smoking and wants to do it he just doesn't enjoy the after effect.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 07:12 PM 03-30-2014
No he seems to be doing everything right. I gave him a 5 Vegas torpedo to smoke tonight thinking it would be pretty mellow for him but he still blew chunks
Maybe have him start with something smaller like a petite corona until he can handle that easier. Sugar also helps settle the stomach while smoking. Try drinking a cream soda or root beer (they seem to impact the flavor of a cigar less for me than other sodas) and maybe keep a few cookies or small candy bars on hand to munch on.
[Reply]
Remo 07:15 PM 03-30-2014
Well he says he isn't inhaling what mild cigars do you guys recommend? He likes smoking and wants to do it he just doesn't enjoy the after effect.

Maybe?
Attached:
[Reply]
Remo 07:15 PM 03-30-2014
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Maybe have him start with something smaller like a petite corona until he can handle that easier. Sugar also helps settle the stomach while smoking. Try drinking a cream soda or root beer (they seem to impact the flavor of a cigar less for me than other sodas) and maybe keep a few cookies or small candy bars on hand to munch on.
Good advice :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:21 PM 03-30-2014
Maybe he's allergic, or there is some other reason he get's sick, maybe you shouldn't be so worried about getting him smoking cigars.

[Reply]
kydsid 07:22 PM 03-30-2014
Is he diabetic? The already mentioned use of drinking a sugary drink or candy bar is because nicotine reacts with your blood sugar levels.
[Reply]
Remo 07:23 PM 03-30-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Maybe he's allergic, or there is some other reason he get's sick, maybe you shouldn't be so worried about getting him smoking cigars.
+1
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 09:26 PM 03-30-2014
Thanks guys. Jason, he is not diabetic and Adam, I'm not forcing him or anything he wants to smoke. He usually has tried eating sugary stuff after smoking maybe having sugar while smoking will help. If all else fails he will have to try Mike's recommendation although I'm not too sure how they would burn :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 119 of 138
« First < 1969109117118119 120121129 > Last »
Up