Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 119 of 225
« First < 1969109117118119 120121129169219 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
Starscream 02:07 PM 07-09-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
And they still lost. His amazing angle on the Weeks fly ball led to a nice inside-the-park job. I think it is safe to say that Stubbs has no effect on how this team does, he plays well and they lose, he sits or strikes out 3 times in a game and they win. Based on a crazy stat on fangraph, Drew Stubbs in the lineup gives them a -7.79% chance on winning a game, and I tend agree based on how he plays. :-)
:-):-)

That's so sad if that's accurate.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:21 PM 07-09-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
:-):-)

That's so sad if that's accurate.
After watching half the season I would agree. His WAR (Wins Above Replacement) is only 2.1 games for an entire season. Its probably a lengthy algorithm of stats that mean nothing to the average fan. There is also a stat claiming that he has below average range in the outfield and saves only 2 runs a season with his defense. He has actually missed over 10 balls that he should have caught based on his percieved range and has yet to save a homerun despite having 9 chances. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:20 PM 07-09-2011
Where's Dan? Bring on the smilies and wrap 'em in Red!:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:14 AM 07-10-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 03:00 PM 07-10-2011
Cordero fuggin blows donkey d**ks :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:20 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Cordero fuggin blows donkey d**ks :-)
The Reds are getting exactly the opposite of how they won so many games last season and even started this season. They are not playing good baseball right now. :-)

Heading into the break they have some blaring issues:

Still have no leadoff hitter, Stubbs is absolute trash of late, he has scored 3 runs in the last 10 games and two were today. 7 for 39 and 0 RBI's with 11 K's. :-)

Their rotation has no direction right now, luckily Willis looked really good today, they need to figure out who their 5 are and most importantly the top 3, right now it looks like they have merely 2 pitchers. :-)

The bullpen, particularly the back end of it, looks terrible. Blew an 8 run lead the other night in 3 innings and dropped two in the ninth in the last series. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:15 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Cordero fuggin blows donkey d**ks
:-) He's definitely in a funk all of a sudden. Dusty should never have put him in Sunday's game after seeing him fail for the previous few games. Give the guy some rest and maybe he'll bounce back.
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
The Reds are getting exactly the opposite of how they won so many games last season and even started this season. They are not playing good baseball right now.

Heading into the break they have some blaring issues:

Still have no leadoff hitter, Stubbs is absolute trash of late, he has scored 3 runs in the last 10 games and two were today. 7 for 39 and 0 RBI's with 11 K's.

Their rotation has no direction right now, luckily Willis looked really good today, they need to figure out who their 5 are and most importantly the top 3, right now it looks like they have merely 2 pitchers.

The bullpen, particularly the back end of it, looks terrible. Blew an 8 run lead the other night in 3 innings and dropped two in the ninth in the last series. :-)
People are calling for us to get an upgrade in left field, but Heisey's numbers look better than Stubbs' do with significantly less at bats. Even numbers in avg., HR, and RBI. The only downside is the lack of stolen bases, but it's kinda hard to steal bases if you can't get on base to begin with. Imagine what Stubbs' number of stolen bases would be if the kid could hit. He could put up Ricky Henderson type numbers. Sadly, he can't hit, though. Move Heisey to Center, and get a trade done that gives us a power bat in LF.

Also, Votto isn't getting it done the way he's supposed to. He's hitting for average, not hitting like a true 3-hole hitter should. Our 3-hole hitter should not be in love with singles. Where's this guy's power this year?
[Reply]
Starscream 04:48 PM 07-12-2011
Seems like the Reds are taking a bit of interest in Jimenez. Thoughts? I'm a little shaky on this one. Bad ERA at home, which is expected at Coors, but decent ERA on the road.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:18 PM 07-12-2011
Seems like the Reds are taking a bit of interest in Jimenez. Thoughts? I'm a little shaky on this one. Bad ERA at home, which is expected at Coors, but decent ERA on the road.
Ubaldo was the man last year, even at home. I can't imagine he could pitch worse than most of their rotation :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:31 PM 07-12-2011
Me gusta depending on what we would hafta give up.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:51 PM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Me gusta depending on what we would hafta give up.
That's all what it comes down to. If we could get him for Alonso, Volquez, and another prospect (not Meseraco), I wouldn't mind.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:57 PM 07-12-2011
That's all what it comes down to. If we could get him for Alonso, Volquez, and another prospect (not Meseraco), I wouldn't mind.
I doubt ANYBODY wants Volquez!
[Reply]
Starscream 07:58 PM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I doubt ANYBODY wants Volquez!
Some team is desperate enough for pitching to take him.:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:16 PM 07-12-2011
All of the Reds All-Stars have successfully had at least one Stubbs in game tonight :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:26 PM 07-12-2011
:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:42 AM 07-13-2011
So the Brewers added K-Rod, for a set up man no less. When will the Reds actually make a move to improve this team? :-)
[Reply]
waffle 06:06 AM 07-14-2011
Never. I believe they've resigned themselves to "sticking it out" with the "new talent" rather than shaking it up and going after big names. Clearly the Mets are in firesale mode already, and they have some incredible bats on the team... the Reds need to stop sitting on their hands and get someone that can actually help them!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:35 PM 07-15-2011
Arnoldis Chapman, nice line tonight: 3 batters faced, 1 strike thrown, 2 BB, 1 HR, 2 ER and 0 outs. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:00 PM 07-15-2011
14 pitches, only 4 strikes

Starting to think that he is a waste of $30 million.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:22 PM 07-15-2011
BP with the 2run walkoff!
[Reply]
Page 119 of 225
« First < 1969109117118119 120121129169219 > Last »
Up