Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 118 of 352
« First < 1868108116117118 119120128168218 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
Angry_Pirate 01:01 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by livwire68:
Thats not even right, one still has tags on it! Either you just went out and bought it for the picture or you use it as a paper weight. O' wait it may be gangsta style, dont they always leave the tags on hats and clothes while they use them! :-)
Gotta love those Kimbers!!
Bill86 01:58 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom:
I won this golf bag at a cigar event...I don't golf. So I put it to good use for something else.

:-)

But we want to see the guns not the golf bag :-)
Cigarcop 05:06 AM 08-03-2011
That's funny right there.....at least its a Callaway!
thechrisdotcom 05:12 AM 08-03-2011
When I get a chance I'll have to lay the guns out and get pics. I don't have any of just the guns.
Angry_Pirate 12:08 AM 08-05-2011
Got my Indiana Life time personal protection permit today :-). Now I'm on the search for a Glock 30 :-)
HK3- 05:31 AM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate:
Got my Indiana Life time personal protection permit today :-). Now I'm on the search for a Glock 30 :-)
Congrats. Shouldn't be hard to find yourself a glock.
BC-Axeman 05:04 PM 08-18-2011
I was out in the woods shooting with a buddy and I was shown a rapid fire trick.
He held his thumb pointing into his hip through the trigger on a Ruger semi-auto carbine. Then he pulls the gun forward with his other hand on the forestock. The gun empties the ten round magazine in an instant because the recoil resets the trigger but the pressure is still there to shoot it. The accuracy sucks but it's a fun way to make noise. The rate of fire seems a lot higher than regular full-auto guns. All my life I've been shooting and never saw this before. I think I've heard of it though. In fact, I remember some device that sounded like it worked on this principal.
I figure it's like $3 or $4 per second.
J0eybb 05:15 PM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I was out in the woods shooting with a buddy and I was shown a rapid fire trick.
He held his thumb pointing into his hip through the trigger on a Ruger semi-auto carbine. Then he pulls the gun forward with his other hand on the forestock. The gun empties the ten round magazine in an instant because the recoil resets the trigger but the pressure is still there to shoot it. The accuracy sucks but it's a fun way to make noise. The rate of fire seems a lot higher than regular full-auto guns. All my life I've been shooting and never saw this before. I think I've heard of it though. In fact, I remember some device that sounded like it worked on this principal.
There is also a shoestring trick and an AK to shoot mag dumps.
Bill86 08:32 PM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
That works with any gun, it's a neat trick but I don't like not being able to aim properly. Like you said it's painfully expensive depends on what kind of ammo you're shooting.

I dunno about the rate of fire I've never done this or compared it to a full auto. But I do remember shooting a full auto MP5 and I have to say DAYYYUUUUMMMM. But it cost me about $10 a clip (or $10 every like 2-3 seconds) :-)

Good times though, and worth it.
safariguy 03:40 PM 08-19-2011
I sold my eotech sight, so now I can use that money to buy a AR lower to put on an upper I aleady have. (I'm tired of switching upper receivers back and forth.) So should I try to build my own from a kit, or buy a complete lower? I feel handy/smart enough to assemble it but I am worried about getting into it and suddenly needing a special tool I don't have. Part of me wants to enjoy the challenge of assembling one, but mostly I am looking to save money. But I'm willing to spend a bit more if it means getting it done right. BTW getting the lower delivered to me is no problem; I have a FFL lined up already.
bonjing 11:59 AM 08-21-2011
I say just build it yourself. I just built my first one using a pair of channel lock pliers covers with electrical tape to help prevent scratches. It was easy! Now I have punches because I have more to build.

The only special tool you may need is the ar wrench for the castle nut. But you can easily just use your hands.
Tbagley 02:05 PM 08-21-2011
If your building, make sure to check/clean all the holes were detents and springs are inserted. Also make sure the bolt catch slot is smooth as at times it's a bit rough in there from the finish.
thebayratt 04:11 PM 08-21-2011
Ruger 10-22 RBI (international)
Bushnell Banner 3-9x56
See-through mounts

Remmington 11-87 Sportsman Synthetic
Premier
28"

Rock River Arms AR15 A2
Pistol Grip
Extended Trigger Gaurd
Adjustable stock
High-rise Handle Rail
Sight Mark Ultra Shot Reflex Sight
Wolfgang 03:15 PM 08-28-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ9QaEUC_HY Very cool.
Ratters 04:21 PM 08-28-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
That works with any gun, it's a neat trick but I don't like not being able to aim properly. Like you said it's painfully expensive depends on what kind of ammo you're shooting.

I dunno about the rate of fire I've never done this or compared it to a full auto. But I do remember shooting a full auto MP5 and I have to say DAYYYUUUUMMMM. But it cost me about $10 a clip (or $10 every like 2-3 seconds) :-)

Good times though, and worth it.
You can bump fire from the shoulder too. Here I am with my buddies semi ar bumpfiring from the shoulder while aiming. My AKs are great at bumpfiring, just harder to do it from the shoulder, the light recoil of the 5.56 makes it easy.
But yeah, kind of expensive to do it now. I miss the days of $2 a box 5.56.

WyGuy 12:01 PM 08-29-2011
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ9QaEUC_HY Very cool.

:-) for the cop!
safariguy 03:08 PM 09-14-2011
My wife is on her way back from Arizona afer completion of the "Ladies Pistol" class at the Gunsite Academy. This picture of her is on the Gunsite Facebook page:

I have never been more proud. And, frankly, she has never looked sexier!
J0eybb 03:20 PM 09-14-2011
Should have told me your wife was out here. I'd taken good care of her, real good care of her.
Cigarcop 03:56 PM 09-14-2011
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
Should have told me your wife was out here. I'd taken good care of her, real good care of her.
Easy now!!
Cigarcop 04:01 PM 09-14-2011
Few pics of my new F-Class rig for the 1000Yrd Line...6.5x47L

Page 118 of 352
« First < 1868108116117118 119120128168218 > Last »
Up