Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 118 of 138
« First < 1868108116117118 119120128 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
Bruins Fan 02:26 PM 06-03-2011
Dickie Redman had a bar just outside of Boston when I was working in the area I would stop in.
You could get a beer and a beating for two bucks:-)
When he got traded my best friend bought the joint.
Bruins Fan 02:31 PM 06-03-2011
Jack Edwards is one passionate dude, he gets a lot of ribbing for some of his stuff out here :-)
icehog3 04:12 PM 06-03-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Ughhhhh I cant take homers. I am sure if you are a Wings fan hes great. I just hear the Redwings $hit cotton candy and piss sunshine when ever he speaks. I know there is hockey knowledge in there I just cant get passed the love fest.

Congrats on him.
Can you say Drew Remenda? :-) :-)
icehog3 04:13 PM 06-03-2011
Cool story!

Originally Posted by :
EDMONTON, Alberta -- This was one nifty assist by an NHL player.

Edmonton Oilers center Gilbert Brule stopped this week to pick up a most unlikely hitchhiker -- rock star Bono.

The U2 frontman and his assistant were walking Tuesday in West Vancouver, British Columbia, when they got caught in the rain.

Fortunately for them, Brule and his girlfriend, Kelsey Nichols, were on their way to take their German shepherd, Bella, to a park.

Brule had to convince Nichols, who was driving, to pull over. "I didn't want to stop, but they waved and G yelled, 'That's Bono,' " Nichols told the Edmonton Journal Wednesday night. "I didn't believe him so I kept driving."

Bono and his assistant hopped in the back with Bella. To thank them, he offered Brule and his girlfriend backstage passes for the U2 concert Wednesday night at Edmonton's Commonwealth Stadium.

The couple sold their tickets to Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals between Boston and Vancouver, took a flight back to Edmonton and went to the show with Brule's mom.

"I like people who play ice hockey -- they stop for hitchhikers. I know this from experience," Bono told the concert crowd.

"I was hitchhiking in Vancouver yesterday, actually I was! And this guy and his girlfriend picked me up. He was cool, an ice hockey player, his name was Gilbert Brule as it happens, I'm so grateful I've decided I want to be Gilbert Brule."

With hockey on his mind, Bono compared his bandmates to former Oiler greats, calling The Edge, "The Wayne Gretzky of U2."

"We go to walk our dog and Bono ends up in our car," Brule told the Journal.

The 24-year-old Brule missed half of this season because of illnesses, intestinal problems, a sprained ankle and a concussion.

Ahbroody 05:05 PM 06-03-2011
Drew is not as bad. How can you not like Drew. He loved Micahs flow also.
Epic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgbi-Gr0b_g

I dont know, but this years playoffs I thought Drew was a Wings announcer at times. He called Datsyuk the greatest player in the game multiple times using words like amazing incredible. He repeatedly kissed Zs arse and Homers as well. He was also very complimentary of the kings all series. When the Sharks lose he calls them out. I dont think there style is nearly the same outside of them both being color guys. During the season drew is always discussing issues the team is having. He cant blast them any worse then he does I dont think.
icehog3 07:02 PM 06-03-2011
Mickey calls out the Wings when they deserve it too. I like my color guy to be a homer, as long as he can remain objective. The ones who whine at every call against, I can do without. Drew doesn't bother me, I just find him and Mickey similar in ways.
Ahbroody 07:17 PM 06-03-2011
Fair enough. Tbh I often listen to the radio feed even when at home as Baker suprises me at how he calls out players. Sometimes I think they have to be pissed at him, but given his importance in team history I think he is untouchable. Plus he plays nice to the players face.

I cant find it, but back in the day Drew did a sparing thing with Scott Parker. Got his assssz handef to him. :-)
Old Shark Byte episodes used to be on their page but gone now.
Sawyer 01:29 PM 06-04-2011
I like my color guys to be homers as well. I think it is awesome when they get as excited as I do when the team scores. As an example, I love listening to Gene Deckerhoff call the TB Bucs and FSU games. So much so that, when I lived down there, we listened to the radio and muted the TV. Of course they have to be objective and not whine about calls against.
Ahbroody 01:59 PM 06-04-2011
I know the game is about being tough and certain things will get you chirped if you wear them, but with all the stuff lately on hits and head trama thought this was interesting. Saw total hockey was selling these and thought it was an interesting idea. May get one for the boy just to see if they are crap or not. Thinking he will trigger one once a game, but would be an interesting test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGmXp...layer_embedded
Ahbroody 06:01 PM 06-04-2011
Uhhhh so is there a game today?

Lets go Boston!
LasciviousXXX 06:24 PM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Uhhhh so is there a game today?

Lets go Boston!
:-)

C'mon Vancouver!!!!
icehog3 07:57 PM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
:-)

C'mon Vancouver!!!!
2-1 Boston after 2. :-)
Sawyer 08:59 PM 06-04-2011
I can't believe what I just saw. Amazing end to a tightly contested game.
Gophernut 09:01 PM 06-04-2011
What a finish. A very gutty effort by Burrows. A real nail biter. (if you will)
icehog3 09:01 PM 06-04-2011
The ironic thing is Burrows should not have even been playing. Horrible play by Chara.

Bruins would have to win 4 of 5. Just about ready for a fork. :-)
mithrilG60 09:06 PM 06-04-2011
Wow, Burrows bites Boston again!

(sorry, couldn't resist)
agctribefan 09:06 PM 06-04-2011
that was such crap. I can't believe it ended like that.
icehog3 09:08 PM 06-04-2011
Geoff, I think you will be having a party in Vancouver next week...enjoy. :-)
Sawyer 09:15 PM 06-04-2011
Just saw on the news that Winnipeg reached it's goal of selling 13000 tickets in just 2 minutes. Good for them. I guess watching a crappy hockey team lose all the time is better than any of the other entertainment options in Manitoba.
icehog3 09:24 PM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by Sawyer:
Just saw on the news that Winnipeg reached it's goal of selling 13000 tickets in just 2 minutes. Good for them. I guess watching a crappy hockey team lose all the time is better than any of the other entertainment options in Manitoba.
Man, these grapes are sour! :-)
Page 118 of 138
« First < 1868108116117118 119120128 > Last »
Up