Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 117 of 350
« First < 1767107115116117 118119127167217 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigFrank 04:58 PM 08-06-2009
Assistance day, more like overhead press day. I also hit some PRs. sans yoga.
The Professor 05:47 PM 08-06-2009
both of y'all can bite me. :-) :-) :-)
icehog3 09:42 PM 08-06-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I am not familiar, is that "yoga speak"? :-)
Genetic Defect 10:15 PM 08-06-2009
:-) eatin is good :-)
The Professor 08:39 AM 08-07-2009
Another day or PBs on rear delt raises (I struggle with shoulders). I really think my supplementation regimen has hit the spot. :-)
landhoney 09:15 AM 08-07-2009
Any tips on increasing vertical leap?

I am a fairly good volleyball player and am going to be joining a league soon, need to improve my jump though. I am already trimming down(fat) so I weigh less, makes it easier to jump:-). But I know I need to do excersises to increase my vertical leap/jump. Any ideas?
The Professor 09:36 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:

I am a fairly good volleyball player and am going to be joining a league soon, need to improve my jump though. I am already trimming down(fat) so I weigh less, makes it easier to jump:-). But I know I need to do excersises to increase my vertical leap/jump. Any ideas?
Have you tried ... jumping? :-)

I know that sounds like a stupid question; but there a lot of different ways to jump (from standing, from seated, from running, with weight, etc.) that people sometimes don't think about.

Field boy Dave is going to have some better recommendations, I'm sure....
landhoney 09:50 AM 08-07-2009
Have you tried ... jumping? :-)

I know that sounds like a stupid question; but there a lot of different ways to jump (from standing, from seated, from running, with weight, etc.) that people sometimes don't think about.

Field boy Dave is going to have some better recommendations, I'm sure....
I haven't tried anything other than just playing volleyball and jumping while playing. I just found out about this league, and decided to try to improve my leap. Those are excellent suggestions and I will try them. :-)
PeteSB75 09:52 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:

Squats, one-legged squats, step-ups, calf raises and lunges would all be good for general strength in that area. Power Cleans would probably be the best for having the most impact on your vertical jump. Being an explosive exercise, it's all about rapid recruitment of muscle in the legs, trunk and shoulders, exactly what you are trying to do while jumping.
Chris. 09:57 AM 08-07-2009
calf raises are going to help a lot IMO also. You have to press your body away from the floor by doing a "calf raise" when you jump, so it makes sense.
landhoney 09:58 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Squats, one-legged squats, step-ups, calf raises and lunges would all be good for general strength in that area. Power Cleans would probably be the best for having the most impact on your vertical jump. Being an explosive exercise, it's all about rapid recruitment of muscle in the legs, trunk and shoulders, exactly what you are trying to do while jumping.
Thank you, I will try these as well. :-)
icehog3 01:16 PM 08-07-2009
Actually did hit a PR on an exercise today, but it was a "cosmetic" lift so I ain't tooting my horn. :-)
BigFrank 01:46 PM 08-07-2009
Off to squat.

Going to superset yoga, with lifetime network movies. Followed by some High intensity Ben and Jerry Ice Cream eating. Then im going to finish it off with some hand holding, cuddling, and talking about my feelings.

Sorry Dokk...
BigFrank 01:47 PM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Add come cleans in there so your upper body doesnt get chumped.

I would also do some bicep curls (30-40 sets) whilst looking in the mirror at your massive pump. I advocate using heavy weight, in the power rack, with extra lower body and lower back involvement. :-):-):-):-)
PeteSB75 02:34 PM 08-07-2009
I hear yoga helps too. At least that's what Frank said. :-)
The Professor 03:54 PM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Off to squat.

Going to superset yoga, with lifetime network movies. Followed by some High intensity Ben and Jerry Ice Cream eating. Then im going to finish it off with some hand holding, cuddling, and talking about my feelings.

Sorry Dokk...
Fuuuuk ... real ice cream sounds awesome. :-):-):-)

Oh ... and F U. :-) :-)
icehog3 04:33 PM 08-07-2009
Fuuuuk ... real ice cream sounds awesome. :-):-)

Oh ... and F U. :-) :-)
Love is in the air. :-)
PeteSB75 01:10 PM 08-08-2009
Started cycling heavy, med and light days, as I just can't keep going heavy every day. Medium day today, felt good. Squats, Press and Dead.
The Professor 05:03 AM 08-10-2009
The Professor 07:16 AM 08-10-2009
Good day in the gym. On a traditional 4-day split for the next 4 weeks. Chest/tri today. Only worked up to 165 x 3 on flat bench, which is what I led with after warmups. Worked up to 148 x 3 on incline Hammer Strength. Dips were a personal best @ 275 x 5 on the Hammer Strength. Followed that up with overhead triceps extensions @ either 85 or 95 (not sure if our EZ bar is a 25lb or 35lb model) x 5/5/4. Finished things off with a personal best for reps on triceps press-downsm @ 200 x 4/3/4. Tried to finish things off with some overhead cable rope extensions; but my tris were shot and I only knocked out one rep. :-)

Happy lifting to all today. :-)
Page 117 of 350
« First < 1767107115116117 118119127167217 > Last »
Up