Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 116 of 350
« First < 1666106114115116 117118126166216 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigFrank 04:25 PM 08-05-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Felt strong (for my weak ass) today. Hit two personal records today: DB flat bench 70s x 4 & DB 1-arm row 115s x 6. Did some other stuff, too (incline DB, hammer strength declines, 204lb dips, overhead triceps extensions, etc.) ... all icing compared to the bookend PRs. :-)
I miss hammer strength machines =( stupid golds doesnt carry them. and i wouldnt dare ask for them at the powerlifting gym :-)
The Professor 04:51 PM 08-05-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I miss hammer strength machines =( stupid golds doesnt carry them. and i wouldnt dare ask for them at the powerlifting gym :-)
I love 'em for the support exercises I use them for. :-)

Just got back from my first time ever doing yoga. My two thoughts: (a) that was frickin' hard; (b) that was frickin' AWESOME. I'm gonna do it every Wednesday. I didn't realize how bad my flexibility and balance had gotten until tonight. Wow. I wish I hadn't done it on a day I PRed on a back lift and compound chest lift. :-) But whatev. I'll be back every week ... and will probably be the only guy for a while.
BigFrank 05:02 PM 08-05-2009
Although my overall manliness would ultimately prevent me from doing yoga, I wouldnt see it as such a bad thing to improve flexibility and balance like you said Dokk. But I will never do it, ever.

I miss hammer strength rowing machines, all three and the incline chest.
icehog3 06:23 PM 08-05-2009
Just got back from my first time ever doing yoga. My two thoughts: (a) that was frickin' hard; (b) that was frickin' AWESOME. I'm gonna do it every Wednesday. I didn't realize how bad my flexibility and balance had gotten until tonight. Wow. I wish I hadn't done it on a day I PRed on a back lift and compound chest lift. :-) But whatev. I'll be back every week ... and will probably be the only guy for a while.
Maybe Macy's will have a sale on leotards on Tuesday. :-) :-)
The Professor 06:28 PM 08-05-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Maybe Macy's will have a sale on leotards on Tuesday. :-) :-)
Har har har. :-) :-)

Laugh it up; but I think this is going to improve my lifts in some important ways. :-)
icehog3 06:36 PM 08-05-2009
Har har har. :-) :-)

Laugh it up; but I think this is going to improve my lifts in some important ways. :-)
If not you can always opt for a girdle and the Miracle Bra. :-)

Love you!!!! :-)
PeteSB75 06:47 PM 08-05-2009
Don't worry Dokk, you know Tom and Frank would be in the yoga room if they could :-) Last time they tried, the gurls beat em up and threw em out the door :-) :-)
The Professor 06:53 PM 08-05-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
If not you can always opt for a girdle and the Miracle Bra. :-)

Love you!!!! :-)
Hey ... you said you liked my tits just the way they are!!! :-)
icehog3 07:16 PM 08-05-2009
Hey ... you said you liked my tits just the way they are!!! :-)
I said "if you were a goat....". :-)
PeteSB75 06:45 AM 08-06-2009
Good lifts this morning. Lighter day squatting. New PR on Bench - 195x3. Good hang cleans.
Starchild 06:54 AM 08-06-2009
For several years, yoga was the only workout I did :-) I'm actually a certified instructor, but I haven't taught much. I'm not nearly as flexible as I was, but it has served me well with a lot of exercises. Most people don't put nearly enough emphasis on flexibility as a part of overall fitness.

There are tons of different styles, from those that put me to sleep (literally), and those that kicked my butt.

As for being the only guy in class, no complaints here. I met my wife in a yoga class :-)

Glad you enjoyed it!
PeteSB75 06:58 AM 08-06-2009
Actually, I'm a bit surprised that more people don't do it. Only makes sense, spend all that time strengthening your muscles and so little strengthening your tendons and ligaments. Probably prevent a lot of injuries as well as improving most of your lifts.
icehog3 08:01 AM 08-06-2009
I will be starting the "Yoga with The Professor and PeteSB75" thread momentarily. :-)
The Professor 08:33 AM 08-06-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Actually, I'm a bit surprised that more people don't do it. Only makes sense, spend all that time strengthening your muscles and so little strengthening your tendons and ligaments. Probably prevent a lot of injuries as well as improving most of your lifts.
That's what I'm thinking ... despite what the manliest men in the thread think. :-) :-)

Had another big PR day. It was just bis and tris today. Started out with overhead rope extensions up to 130 and one-arm press-downs to 50 as a warmup and what I thought was the first chunk of my triceps workout. Followed up with tate presses to 45 x 7, 6, 5. Couldn't go as heavy as usual b/c my left front delt was a little sore from yesterday's lifts and yoga. Moved onto bis: HammerStrength preachers @ 60 x 8,8,7; db hammers @ 30 (those were supersetted w/ the preachers); straight bar curls 75 x 6,8,6; cable cambered curls @ 100 x 10,10,9.

I thought I was done here. But I realized that I still had some energy and kind of wondered what some tri exercises would be like after having warmed up a lot. So I put a straight bar on one cable and a rope on the other and began supersetting pressdowns (starting at 150) and overhead extensions (at 120). Well ... 150 was too easy; so I tried 170 and kicked out 8 -- a PR on reps. Then I set it at 180 and kicked out 4, another PR. 190? Sure -- for 3! 200 (the full stack)? You betcha! Kicked that out for 3, too. :-)

:-)
Genetic Defect 11:12 AM 08-06-2009
a 10% off coupon for all Controlled Labs products on Bodybuilding.com
coupon code 'CLROCKS10PerOff' upon check out, the discount will be applied.
zemekone 11:16 AM 08-06-2009
i know i been missing a bit...

today deadlift day:

185lbs x 15
225lbs x 15
275lbs x 10
315lbs x 8 x 7

and i dislocated my toe last night...
gorob23 11:23 AM 08-06-2009
Originally Posted by zemekone:
i know i been missing a bit...

and i dislocated my toe last night...
:-) WTF is wrong with you! Never yell at a "dad" :-) we need a herf :-)

Rob :-)

Oh yea played Vb yesterday does that count:-)
zemekone 11:24 AM 08-06-2009
Originally Posted by gorob23:

Oh yea played Vb yesterday does that count:-)
it always counts :-)

and you cant beat dad cuz he is always right :-)
gorob23 11:27 AM 08-06-2009
Originally Posted by zemekone:
it always counts :-)

and you cant beat dad cuz he is always right :-)
:-)
icehog3 02:20 PM 08-06-2009
I hit some personal bests on inclines and pullups today...and I didn't even have to do any yoga to do it. :-)
Page 116 of 350
« First < 1666106114115116 117118126166216 > Last »
Up