Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 114 of 129
« First < 1464104112113114 115116124 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
forgop 09:21 AM 07-30-2011
I noticed today how much better my scrubs are fitting me. Before the diet, my large pants were kinda tight and it was all I could do get my XL top on. Now there's a good bit more room.

I'm going to start wearing my 36's when I get down to 210. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 12:34 PM 07-30-2011

went shopping at some butchers....not sure what i'll have, but something from there!

meat: 2 lbs bacon, hot italian sausage, ham sausage, back bacon, salsa salami, beef tenderloin steaks, eggs, cooked ham, 10 bux in prosciutto
cheese: stilton, cheddar and tex mex cheese, mascarpone, manchego, a french style gryyere, some other sheeps milk scheeses, some applewood smoked
cheddar,
misc: locally grown onions and tomatos, garlic mustard, spicy pickled peppers, spiced olives, pickled chipolene onions, marinated mushrooms

cant remember everything

late brunch: the hangover omelette!

becomes

[Reply]
hotreds 02:17 PM 07-30-2011
Gentlemen: Well done! Onwards and downwards! Myles: :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 07:31 AM 07-31-2011
Morning Boys!

Had my weigh in this morning.
257.6 a little higher than I wanted, was looking to be on the other side of 257.5, so only a few ounces off, not gonna sweat it.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 07:58 AM 07-31-2011
13lbs down!

But today is my cheat day (to boost metabolism) and I am going to eat tons of awesome food :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:02 AM 07-31-2011
A few ounces is meaningless. Get a haircut, you'll drop those- breathe different, you'll lose those ounces. Unless you have a $1000 scale, ounces are meaningless. I round up or down. Even placing the scale in a slightly different location can change your weight. That is why realistically you should weight yourself once a week, same time, wearing same clothing(or none) in same location. Daily or hourly weighing proves nothing other than a "too much time on my hands" syndrome. My :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:03 AM 07-31-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
13lbs down!

But today is my cheat day (to boost metabolism) and I am going to eat tons of awesome food :-)
I see that smile on your face!
[Reply]
Kreth 10:03 AM 07-31-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Daily or hourly weighing proves nothing other than a "too much time on my hands" syndrome. My :-)
For me, daily pre-workout weigh-ins are incentive. A good weigh-in motivates me to continue that trend. A bad one motivates me to work that much harder. Also, I can tailor my workout accordingly.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 04:04 PM 07-31-2011
Have been worried about my knee but am back to a point where I feel good after bicycle. Have upped it to 2 sessions of 30 minutes a day and feel great. Concerned about a 2 week trip out west, hope I can find a stationary bike at hotel if not will definately be walking to keep an hour of cardio.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:55 PM 07-31-2011
Jogged the furthest I've ever done today, 2.5 miles. Just under 11 min/mile, about 5.5mph. Not the fastest of times, but I'm really just starting out for anything over a mile. Right now I'm more concerned with hitting the 3.1 mile mark (5k) to get in shape for my run in October. Need to look into a water bottle holder. Seems the 20min mark is my achilles heel and I start to get a bit dehydrated. Good thing I picked a route with ample tree coverage. The shade made the last bit bearable.

To top it off, I did a few hours of yard work. I think I need to plan out my meals better on days where I'm really pushing myself. Had the eery feeling of passing out when I'd stand up again. Dont' know if not eating enough it throwing off my BP. I saw stars a few times, but didn't have the world go dark like it did earlier this year. I'll be talking to the doc about it when I see him soon for my 3 month checkup.
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 05:09 PM 07-31-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
13lbs down!

This sounds fun! On my cheat day (that's on Fridays), I usually eat my favorite pizza :-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:25 AM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I think I need to plan out my meals better on days where I'm really pushing myself. Had the eery feeling of passing out when I'd stand up again. Dont' know if not eating enough it throwing off my BP. I saw stars a few times, but didn't have the world go dark like it did earlier this year. I'll be talking to the doc about it when I see him soon for my 3 month checkup.
That happens when I get too far from food. If I don't eat in the morning, which I never do, and get around noon or later and I'm working, I get that faint, stars, pass outty thing. I go in, eat a little bowl of cereal, and it goes away immediately.
Same thing happens to Lisa. We say "it's the sugar getting low". We have no clue that's what it really is, but a little bit of food clears it up in minutes. It usually happens to her at the gym, so she has a protein bar or something there. If she's home, she usually has a little cracker and cheese plate for her snack.
[Reply]
goalie204 08:27 AM 08-01-2011
getting dizzy when you standup is absolutely low sugar
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 11:39 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by BnBTobacco:
This sounds fun! On my cheat day (that's on Fridays), I usually eat my favorite pizza :-)
I had oysters, hot wings, a Cuban sandwich, a pint of Delirium and some sushi :-)

It was a fantastic day
[Reply]
Da Klugs 08:38 AM 08-02-2011
198 this morning. Touched 197 last week. Weekends are hard. Thinking this is the week that I finally get to 195... however briefly.

Doubled my cardio (Ride the Airdyne in the AM now as well) mid last week to try for the final push to 195.

Pigged out last night ... probably 2500+ calories for the day but they were good ones, fruit and veggies. Body said it needed it.. I need to stop listening to it. :-)

- 62 lbs since April 5th. Trying to make it 65 by Friday. We will see.
[Reply]
shilala 09:04 AM 08-02-2011
197ish today, you caught me, Dave!!! Well done, brother. :-)
I hope I can keep up with you. :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 09:15 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
197ish today, you caught me, Dave!!! Well done, brother. :-)
I hope I can keep up with you. :-)
194 and you will have me beat. Thinking 195 is the endpoint for me. Then just try and maintain.

I'm gonna get to 195. Not sure when though. It's all good. Getting healthy is the issue not the apparent fixation I have with the numbers. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:44 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Getting healthy is the issue not the apparent fixation I have with the numbers. :-)
This is the problem I'm having too. It's nice to keep jumping on the scale to see the number going down, but i have to remember at some point it's gonna stop and possibly go back up as I put on muscle mass.
[Reply]
hotreds 12:15 PM 08-02-2011
Yup, muscle weighs more than fat. That's where the tale of the tape comes in.
[Reply]
forgop 07:05 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
getting dizzy when you standup is absolutely low sugar
Not necessarily-it could be orthostatic hypotension.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 129
« First < 1464104112113114 115116124 > Last »
Up