Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 112 of 350
« First < 1262102110111112 113114122162212 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 09:01 AM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Good to have you back in the fold, Dokk. :-)
the "fold"? :-) is that a joke about my fat rolls? :-)

:-) :-)
icehog3 05:49 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
the "fold"? :-) is that a joke about my fat rolls? :-)

Yours? What about mine? :-)
The Professor 07:03 AM 07-17-2009
Yours? What about mine? :-)
You can't even *ask* that with a straight face. :-)

My body is *definitely* feeling it from yesterday. I didn't drink nearly enough water throughout the day considering how warm it was and how much time I was outside. I really feel those triplex pulls all over. :-)

Today I did push-pull -- chest (flat and incline DB) followed by 4 sets of BB rows. I also did some tri work (overhead rope extensions and press-downs). I thought about doing some biceps work; but I was outta gas after an hour.

I asked about a power rack today and there just isn't one. Not sure how I'm going to properly do rack pulls -- closest thing is a smith machine, which isn't close at all. I think this is the one fatal flaw of my gym ... and one that may lead me to seek out a membership elsewhere next month. :-)
icehog3 08:36 AM 07-17-2009
No power rack? Wow....hard to believe at a gym that sounded fairly well-equipped.
The Professor 09:02 AM 07-17-2009
Tell me about it! 3 nice squat racks and all that nice HS plate loaded stuff -- but no PR is strange. No Oly platform, either; but that's less odd.
Posted via Mobile Device
PeteSB75 09:33 AM 07-17-2009
My gym doesn't have a power rack either. Couple of squat racks is the best they can do. I can't argue the location, however. It's across the street from my apartment.
The Professor 06:02 PM 07-17-2009
Joined a brand new LA Fitness today. It's not even open yet, actually -- not till the 24th. Only $25 a month each (guaranteed not to increase) and the "initiation fee" for me and the DrMS of $199 total. All the classes, yoga, etc are free for DrMS and they have squat racks and a cage all with adjustable arms, etc. There's also a pool, hot tub, racquetball courts, and more. Pretty good deal considering that the campus one is $27.50 and parking is a biotch.
icehog3 11:43 PM 07-17-2009
Cool Moe Dee, Dokk! :-)

I am taking tomorrow off for the LCdA Herf, back to business Sunday.
PeteSB75 11:34 AM 07-18-2009
Mine is an LA fitness as well. Pretty good, good classes, but getting to be in need of some remodeling.

Good lifts this morning. Bench, Squat and Hang Cleans. Good depth on the squat at 305, and a good bench at 190 (tie PR). I still think I might not be doing the damn cleans right.
BigFrank 12:50 PM 07-18-2009
a lot of people do rack pulls from blocks or something on the floor. You could stack maybe 4-5 45's and do below the knee rack pulls. Personally I think that rack pulls are decent if you have some lower body ( hamstring issues ) and don't want to drop a lot of pulling power while you are rehabbing an injury . Different trains of thought on this.
But I am a big believer in never straying from the Big 3. Pull from the floor, bench from a flat bench and squat to parallel. After you do those, than for some assistance you can do something else. Just my two cents.
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Mine is an LA fitness as well. Pretty good, good classes, but getting to be in need of some remodeling.

Good lifts this morning. Bench, Squat and Hang Cleans. Good depth on the squat at 305, and a good bench at 190 (tie PR). I still think I might not be doing the damn cleans right.
good article on cleans
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...he_power_clean

side note 6th day off, going back mon. i feel like a bum but hope this will help.
gorob23 08:38 PM 07-18-2009
Gerry said I couldn't post here ( yea like I care :-) ) Played Volleyball yesterday 4 games rode bike home watching the sunset. Today took on all the hills I came to when I rode PV . I'm sore tired and going to bed:-)

Rob :-)
zemekone 08:48 PM 07-18-2009
Originally Posted by gorob23:
Gerry said I couldn't post here ( yea like I care :-) ) Played Volleyball yesterday 4 games rode bike home watching the sunset. Today took on all the hills I came to when I rode PV . I'm sore tired and going to bed:-)

Rob :-)
good job rob!
icehog3 10:40 AM 07-19-2009
Originally Posted by gorob23:

Rob
Originally Posted by zemekone:
good job rob!
Yeah, good job Rob! And screw that Gerry guy!!! :-)

zemekone 11:01 AM 07-19-2009
Yeah, good job Rob! And screw that Gerry guy!!! :-)
screw that guy gerry, hes mad cuz he small

chest day:
100lb dumbell 4sets of 10
100 dips with 90lbs strapped to my waist
farmer walks 5 sets 20 yards 110lb dumbells

swam 200 meters

yes im back and yes im angry...

12 weeks from my next tournament...

real angry... :-)
Starscream 01:47 PM 07-19-2009
Back, biceps, and abs today, plus 20 min. of cardio.
The new gym sounds great, Dokk. The only one we have in our town doesn't have much and I have to pay $45 a month. They have the monopoly here.
The Professor 02:15 PM 07-19-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Back, biceps, and abs today, plus 20 min. of cardio.
The new gym sounds great, Dokk. The only one we have in our town doesn't have much and I have to pay $45 a month. They have the monopoly here.
Yeah ... $30-35 is probably more normal. I'm lucking out with $25 a month because they want to get their numbers up before they open. :-)

No gym for me today; although, I did buy a new gym bag. :-)
icehog3 02:33 PM 07-19-2009
Originally Posted by zemekone:
screw that guy gerry, hes mad cuz he small

chest day:
100lb dumbell 4sets of 10
100 dips with 90lbs strapped to my waist
farmer walks 5 sets 20 yards 110lb dumbells

swam 200 meters

yes im back and yes im angry...

12 weeks from my next tournament...

real angry... :-)
You are kicking ass, My Brother...in the gym, and in about 12 weeks on the mat. :-)
The Professor 06:51 AM 07-20-2009
Still trying to find my rhythm....

Triplex pulls from the ground: 135 to 315

Deads (sumo): 315 x 5, 365 x 1

Wide-grip deads from a box: 225 x 8, 225 x 6

Deads (conventional): 225 x 10

Pull-down abs: 100 x 10, 105 x 9, 110 x 8

Pullthroughs: 200 x 10, 205 x 10, 210 x 9, 215 x 9, 220 x 6 (ran out of gas is all)

Probably should be doing more on the triplex. I'm finding my grip, after the almost month-long break, to be problematic. I'd train it with some rack pulls; but can't in this gym. :-) Oh well -- I'll get started on it next week at the new gym. :-)
The Professor 06:58 AM 07-20-2009
Got a question for any o the big guys who do pullthroughs: If (a) the stack only goes up to 200, (b) there's only space to add four 5lb weights on top of the stack, and (c) there isn't really the room to add a plate behind the pin securing the stack, how do you do heavier pullthroughs?

Actually ... I just got thinking: maybe there's another machine somewhere in the gym that has a heavier stack and a low cable. :-)
PeteSB75 07:10 AM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
a lot of people do rack pulls from blocks or something on the floor. You could stack maybe 4-5 45's and do below the knee rack pulls. Personally I think that rack pulls are decent if you have some lower body ( hamstring issues ) and don't want to drop a lot of pulling power while you are rehabbing an injury . Different trains of thought on this.
But I am a big believer in never straying from the Big 3. Pull from the floor, bench from a flat bench and squat to parallel. After you do those, than for some assistance you can do something else. Just my two cents.
good article on cleans
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...he_power_clean

side note 6th day off, going back mon. i feel like a bum but hope this will help.
Thanks Frank. I'll read through that today. Off day for me today, spin yesterday. :-) Now if the damn gym would just fix the AC in the spin room, I'd be happy...
Page 112 of 350
« First < 1262102110111112 113114122162212 > Last »
Up