Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 111 of 138
« First < 1161101109110111 112113121 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
agctribefan 01:25 PM 05-25-2011
Let's go bruins finish it out.
357 01:40 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
In looking at the link I posted last page neither the Wings nor Sharks have a ton of cap room. Both will be looking for a top flight D man or some really good ones.

Looks like this is a big off season for both clubs where they will need to dance on the line. The only thing I wonder is if lindstrom can do it one more time. Blake hit the wall bad in his last season. While lindstrom is a better player I just wonder if he can do it again. His stick work in the playoffs was impressive.

Edit holy crap they were paying Rafalski 6 mil a season? Wow!
Yeah, per the mlive.com article:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....ki_will_4.html

Raf was making $6 mil, Lidstrom $6.2 mil, plus they will have another $6-7 under the cap. They will have some room, but they will need to also sign other positions.

Wings Current (One-Way) Contracts:
The Red Wings have 16 players under contract for 2011-12 at a salary cap hit of $41.84 million: (10-11 cap=$59 mil, 11-12 cap expected to be $63 mil)

Forwards
Pavel Datsyuk $6.7 million
Henrik Zetterberg $6.083 million
Johan Franzen $3.95 million
Valtteri Filppula $3 million
Jiri Hudler $2.875 million
Danny Cleary $2.8million
Todd Bertuzzi $1.9375 million
Tomas Holmstrom $1.875 million
Darren Helm $912,500
Justin Abdelkader $787,500
Jan Mursak $550,000
Cory Emmerton $533,000

Defensemen
Brad Stuart $3.75 million
Niklas Kronwall $3 million
Jakub Kindl $833,000

Goaltender
Jimmy Howard $2.25 million

They want to bring back Miller, Eaves, and Ericsson. Probably not = Draper, Salei, Madano, and they could possibly look to move Hudler. Money could prevent Ericsson returning, or movement of Hudler.
357 01:41 PM 05-25-2011
BTW, Rename the Thrashers to the Jets and let the Wings move east already!!!

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....n_eastern.html
Originally Posted by :
"We're not moving anywhere next year, that's a fact," Red Wings senior vice president Jimmy Devellano said Monday.

Could the Red Wings move to the East in 2012-13?

"We've got our fingers and toes crossed," Devellano said.

Ahbroody 02:04 PM 05-25-2011
Doesnt make sense.
1) Columbus is further east
2) Nashville is close to Atlanta and wouldnt require a jumbling of the SE conf.
3) Adding Det would cause shifts in multiple conferences possibly 3.

I dont think the league needs to bend over backwards when it actually would cause more work then just moving one team from the west Either Columbus or Nashville who are close enough to be a part of the SE, vs moving the Wings into the East likely NE, then moving one of the teams frok thr NE into the atlantic, and one of those into the SE. It seems totally illogical.

I didnt read your link yet, but thats what jumps out at me.
icehog3 02:30 PM 05-25-2011
Only 1 or 2 Detroit-Hawks games a year? F*** that.
357 03:45 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Only 1 or 2 Detroit-Hawks games a year? F*** that.
That part I agree with you Tom, but I miss those Rangers, Bruins, Maple Leafs, and Canadiens games.

Man the Wings/Leafs games I remember from when I was a kid were unreal. When we do get them in town, its the hottest ticket around.

Nashville is in the Central time zone. Detroit and Columbus are the only two in the Eastern time zone but playing in the Western conference. Sorry Blue-Jackets, but the Wings have been waiting for that ticket to the east since long before you were even conceived.

If the Wings are denied it will be because either: An easter Canadian city gets Phoenix's defunct team, or because the Western teams don't want to lose the Red Wing's draw in their arenas. I know it sounds cocky coming from a Wings fan, but you can't deny it is a major influence.
icehog3 03:49 PM 05-25-2011
If the Wings move to the East, call me. You can have my Yzerman jersey, and my Joey Kocur tooth. :-)
Ahbroody 04:33 PM 05-25-2011
Nashville maybe central, but they are the logical fit to take atlantas spot. Its the adjacent state and they also offer a outlet for displaced thrashers fans. All 2k. :-). It just makes more sense to move the preds over moving the Wings which will cause Boston to move to the atlantic and so on.

I know it would make life easier on the Wings, and Wings fans would want that, but from a logistics standpoint. The simplest move is to just move Nashville to the SE. It wont disturb anything in the East. Moving the Wings disturbs everything in the East.

I dont know about other western teams draw but I dont think yhe sharks attendance would change at all on the two games. Sharks draw extremely well though.

One things for sure whatever happens someones going to be pissed.
Ahbroody 05:27 PM 05-25-2011
No clue who to cheer for.
Lets go who ever can beat the Canucks!
Bruins Fan 05:50 PM 05-25-2011
Going to be a tough one tonight the Bolts are going to come out smoking.
The B's D is very structured and if Tampa take to many chances it could lead to some breakaways if they mess up?
GreekGodX 07:00 PM 05-25-2011
I agree with Mike on it being too difficult of a move to the East. It would be great to get the Toronto rivalry going again though. I don't want to lose the games against the Hawks tho either. IMO best move would be to copy the NBA schedule regardless of who is in what conference..
Ahbroody 08:01 PM 05-25-2011
May sound crazy but I think Tampa has the best shot against the Canucks.
Tampa is beating Thomas a good goalie, their PK is excellent, they move the puck well and are fast. I think they will force the Canucks to take penalties and make them pay. Bostons grinding wont lend itself as well. Atleast I dont think. Time will tell.

I agree everyone needs to play everyone more. This in conference stuff is blah and as we saw this year certain teams get to take advantage of weaker confences.
Bruins Fan 08:20 PM 05-25-2011
B's are craping the bed, I can't believe how bad they are tonight.
The power play has to be the worst in history and nothing is done to correct it. The kill is just as bad tonight.
That's why I wanted Julian fired two years ago.
This one is over,might as well goon it up :-)
Bruins Fan 08:25 PM 05-25-2011
Holy ****, pp goal,negated by a great two on one.
Should be Tuka time.
rebelknight 09:12 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
No clue who to cheer for.
Lets go who ever can beat the Canucks!
Agreed. Now that the Sharks are out I'm just cheering for the east
kugie 05:08 AM 05-26-2011
That was terrible last night:-)

I can't Believe they gave up so many PP goals :-)
Timmy was not good last night I think he will come around for game 7 but we should be getting ready for the Canucks not another Tampa game.

Crap I love and hate this game.
taltos 07:04 AM 05-26-2011
Epic fail on many levels. How can a team come out in game six and not be motivated? I put that on the coach and the captain. Hopefully the team will be pumped up for game seven at home.
Bunker 07:22 AM 05-26-2011
How can a team spend the last five minutes of the game in the crease and not score.
agctribefan 07:50 AM 05-26-2011
that was a crazy game last night. the pp killed us.
GreekGodX 08:00 AM 05-26-2011
I couldn't believe that TB won.. Rolosson in the first period looked terrible, he got a little better but still I thought Boston had it in the bag. TB just took care of business on the PP. Looking forward to game 7
Page 111 of 138
« First < 1161101109110111 112113121 > Last »
Up