Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 110 of 138
« First < 1060100108109110 111112120 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
icehog3 04:06 PM 05-24-2011
Maybe Heatley will show up tonight, Mike? Seems the least he could do for what they're paying him.
Ahbroody 04:56 PM 05-24-2011
Im telling you Id be ashamed if I was making that much money and putting or rather not putting up much. Playing the 3rd or 4th line occasionally. Sad.
icehog3 05:26 PM 05-24-2011
I agree, Mike.

This is my last check in until late night....watching the game on TiVo delay and don't want any spoliers.
rebelknight 06:14 PM 05-24-2011
Not going to watch tonight. I have my first actuarial exam in the morning and I feel like study and sleep are more important. Sharks better win so I can see them play one more time this season.
Ahbroody 10:59 PM 05-24-2011
Good game. Good series.
The better team won.
I hope San Jose has taken enough out of them that he get rolled for the cup. :-)
icehog3 12:25 AM 05-25-2011
Disappointing finish for the Sharks, I know that they wanted to take the next step to consider this season a success.

Props to Luongo, he played well.

For the first time in many years, I will be rooting for the East team to win the Cup.
GreekGodX 03:41 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Disappointing finish for the Sharks, I know that they wanted to take the next step to consider this season a success.

Props to Luongo, he played well.
For the first time in many years, I will be rooting for the East team to win the Cup.
54 save?! He has certainly done a lot this postseason to prove he is a big time netminder. Last nights game definitely helps his cause.

Hoping Tampa Bay can hold off elimination tonight
rebelknight 04:49 AM 05-25-2011
As side as I am I have realized there is a bright side and that is that I can finally shave. Sadly the playoff beard is done.
Eleven 06:14 AM 05-25-2011
Flukiest series winning goal since Darius Kasparitus beat Dominick Hasek forever ago.
mosesbotbol 07:32 AM 05-25-2011
Go Bruins. It's been a long wait to get here. They can rely on Tim Thomas so much. I think/hop the B's will come out charged and hard hitting. If they can fix their power play scoring woes, they are on their way to the Stanley Cup.

I am anxious for this game tonight.
357 08:07 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Latest on "Jumbo":

The sand was removed from his whoha. However, there still is some irritation and it will be a game time decision if he will play or not.

:-)
I didn't see the game, but apparently he must have found some Mangisil for his mangina, he made it as the third start.

Gophernut 08:36 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
I didn't see the game, but apparently he must have found some Mangisil for his mangina, he made it as the third start.

I think it will be tough to question his toughness after last nights game. Thornton played with a separated shoulder that he got in Game 4. Won a pretty high percentage of his face offs with it. Probably the reason he seemed to get tossed from just about every big face off in the 3rd and overtime periods. Over 30 minutes of ice time with a separated shoulder is pretty good. But he didn't seem to play as big of a series over all. This only explains last nights game. Also, where did Heatley go? Only 3 more years and over 20million on his contract! Ouch.
357 08:59 AM 05-25-2011
I meant third star...oops
icehog3 09:38 AM 05-25-2011
Nothing but respect for Thornton at this point. :-)
357 09:43 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Nothing but respect for Thornton at this point. :-)
That's what I was getting at. I know it must not have come off that way. I can't stand him, but he bucked up for a big game and got a little recognition. I'm sure he'd trade it for a win, but people have noticed.
icehog3 09:47 AM 05-25-2011
He had a great playoff run, and that had been the big knock on him. I think he exorcised those demons.

Danny Heatley, on the other hand.....
Ahbroody 10:42 AM 05-25-2011
Yeah Mike you were coming off like a Dbag who jumped the gun just to take a shot at a player you dont like, but glad to see you give him some respect for maning up.

I think both Jumbo, Patty, Gooch removed the questions this year. Its a shame the year they show up the rest of the team chose to Submarine them taking horrible penalty after penalty and just go missing. The rookies and some players shot the team in the head on 2 of the first 3 losses. When they played smart it was an even game with either team possibly winning.

Will be interesting to see what tweeks they make in the offseason. Sure Huskins, Wallin, and Nitty are gone. Wondering which role players are gone also. Will be interesting to see if they try to package Heatley to move him.
357 11:29 AM 05-25-2011
Rafalski is just retired. Lidstrom is expected to return for another year, but the Wings could lose both this offseason. Selei is not expected to return and Ericsson is likely to get bigger offers elsewhere. Need at least one big time D-man in free agency, possibly 3-4 good ones. :-)

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....i_makes_1.html
Ahbroody 11:36 AM 05-25-2011
In looking at the link I posted last page neither the Wings nor Sharks have a ton of cap room. Both will be looking for a top flight D man or some really good ones.

Looks like this is a big off season for both clubs where they will need to dance on the line. The only thing I wonder is if lindstrom can do it one more time. Blake hit the wall bad in his last season. While lindstrom is a better player I just wonder if he can do it again. His stick work in the playoffs was impressive.

Edit holy crap they were paying Rafalski 6 mil a season? Wow!
Bruins Fan 01:03 PM 05-25-2011
Kaberle will be available the second the B's are finished,we gave up two first round picks for this piece of dog crap.I just hope he don't cost us a game.
Page 110 of 138
« First < 1060100108109110 111112120 > Last »
Up