Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 110 of 350
« First < 1060100108109110 111112120160210 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
PeteSB75 06:57 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Time to change it up. Maybe 3x a week; back chest legs?
Try box squats until you get 100% comfortable hitting depth.
It's all in my head I think. I can do full depth with no problems at 275, but I hesitate going all the way down at 315. I've dumped the bar off onto the rack before when I couldn't get out of the full squat and was no worse off for it. Think I'll try working up from 275 again, at full depth.
BigFrank 02:04 PM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
It's all in my head I think. I can do full depth with no problems at 275, but I hesitate going all the way down at 315. I've dumped the bar off onto the rack before when I couldn't get out of the full squat and was no worse off for it. Think I'll try working up from 275 again, at full depth.
I would definitely do some box squats then. This was my biggest issue when dealing with heavy weights.
The Professor 07:17 AM 07-02-2009
I loaded and unloaded 14,000 pounds (each time) of my household contents this week. Does that count for anything? :-)

Looking to start at a local gym next week -- probably the campus one. :-)

Kepp up the good work, folks! :-)
PeteSB75 09:28 AM 07-02-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I would definitely do some box squats then. This was my biggest issue when dealing with heavy weights.
Hmm, I'll have to see what is available as far as boxes go at my gym...
Chris. 09:56 AM 07-02-2009
you can just use a flat bench instead of a box.
PeteSB75 10:54 AM 07-02-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
you can just use a flat bench instead of a box.
Yeah, was thinking I'd grab one of the smith machine benches or maybe a chair.
PeteSB75 07:51 AM 07-03-2009
Felt pretty good this morning. Didn't push weight on anything, just worked my sets and did good depth on my squats. I'm adjusting my form a little on my bench, so focused on that. Finished off with some rows.
catfish2 01:20 PM 07-04-2009
Man my pecs and tris are trashed. I had what I call a mixed -up day today. That's where I do all my exercises completely different. Standing exercises are done sitting. Sitting exercises are done lying down. I mix the exercises up any way that I can think of, I'll do stuff upside down on my head if I have to. This hits the muscles from different angles from normal. My arms are tired now, I can't wait to see how they'll feel tomorrow.
PeteSB75 07:02 AM 07-07-2009
Good workout this morning. Squats, focusing on depth again, so not pushing the weight. Then some presses and deads. Tied PR on the press, and new PR on the dead (295x3)
trader1974 08:19 AM 07-07-2009
Woke up late, made myself go to the gym anyway. Glad I did, as always, felt good working on chest. Pushing my flat bench back up got 235x8, 255x4 and 275x1. Put in a decent run on the treadmill also, nice way to start the day!:-)
icehog3 08:42 AM 07-07-2009
Last two workouts today and tomorrow before I take 4 days off for SoCal. Gonna hit it hard.
GreekGodX 01:35 PM 07-07-2009
Anybody do fasting cardio?? What are some opinions?? I've done some research on the topic and I'm thinking the risks of it outweigh potential benefits(if any). Anyone use fasting cardio and seen better results in fat loss over eating before doing cardio?
PeteSB75 07:11 AM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Anybody do fasting cardio?? What are some opinions?? I've done some research on the topic and I'm thinking the risks of it outweigh potential benefits(if any). Anyone use fasting cardio and seen better results in fat loss over eating before doing cardio?
If fat loss is your primary goal, lifting is substantially more effective than cardio. Lifting, your exercise burns calories and increases your ability to burn calories, and increases your BMR all at once. Cardio alone burns calories, but only for that day. When I was losing weight, I would lift and then go walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes after. I did no other cardio, just made sure I got to the gym 4-5 days a week and ate good food throughout the day so I wasn't hungry when I got home.
GreekGodX 09:55 AM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
If fat loss is your primary goal, lifting is substantially more effective than cardio. Lifting, your exercise burns calories and increases your ability to burn calories, and increases your BMR all at once. Cardio alone burns calories, but only for that day. When I was losing weight, I would lift and then go walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes after. I did no other cardio, just made sure I got to the gym 4-5 days a week and ate good food throughout the day so I wasn't hungry when I got home.
Thanks for the input, but fat loss isn't my primary goal.. My primary goal is to gain muscle but I do not want to completely cut out cardio. I'm following the Dogcrapp philosophies and part of it is to do fasting, low intensity cardio. I want to burn excess fat without losing any muscle mass. Theory behind fasting cardio is that by putting your body in a fasting state the primary fuel will be fat and ketone bodies, rather then glucose. I just question the effectiveness considering your body needs more then 12 hours of fasting to reach a state where it is only using fat and ketone bodies as energy.
trader1974 10:01 AM 07-08-2009
Hit back and biceps this morn. Then a short run to top it off.:-)
Starscream 10:02 AM 07-08-2009
I haven't been to the gym in 8 days. One of the only drawbacks about vacation. Hopefully I'll get in there tomorrow to work on chest and triceps.
BigFrank 02:07 PM 07-08-2009
Been doing more conditioning work last two weeks. Missed 615 for deadlift last night, tried it again and missed. Going to chalk that one up to a messed up weekend and crappy last two days.
Hope you guys are doing better than myself.
icehog3 08:21 PM 07-08-2009
Pull that 615 next time, Frank! :-) :-)

Last workout today before SoCal and 4 days off....my body will need massive detoxification when I return!
PeteSB75 08:07 AM 07-09-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Pull that 615 next time, Frank! :-) :-)

Last workout today before SoCal and 4 days off....my body will need massive detoxification when I return!
Try some green vibrance, Tom. It's cleaning the hell out of me right now...
PeteSB75 08:08 AM 07-09-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Thanks for the input, but fat loss isn't my primary goal.. My primary goal is to gain muscle but I do not want to completely cut out cardio. I'm following the Dogcrapp philosophies and part of it is to do fasting, low intensity cardio. I want to burn excess fat without losing any muscle mass. Theory behind fasting cardio is that by putting your body in a fasting state the primary fuel will be fat and ketone bodies, rather then glucose. I just question the effectiveness considering your body needs more then 12 hours of fasting to reach a state where it is only using fat and ketone bodies as energy.
Let us know how it works out for you. The sort of results that have been reported on that website really make me question what sorts of chemicals are involved with that method.
Page 110 of 350
« First < 1060100108109110 111112120160210 > Last »
Up