Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club
Trent0341 05:55 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
It is a cigar box, it is actually the same box the "Outlaw" Tats came in...

~brooks
Thanks for the pic... I've rolled the dice on this one. I'm willing to bet PJ comes through.
[Reply]
jovenhut 06:33 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by twenty5:
As Brooks already mentioned in this thread, sizes or blends may have changed since these pictures were taken but these were the original S&S samplers:
Attachment 9243
Attachment 9244
Attachment 9245
:-)
[Reply]
Seasick Sailor 07:39 PM 05-20-2011
Your membership does include cigars. Pete confirms it on the site, and from the sound of it, the people who told you that it would be a mix of regular production, limited edition, and prototypes got it right.

At the end of the day, you have to decide if it's worth it to you. For me it was. YMMV. What I don't understand is why people feel the need to bash those who find value in it or Pete for giving his fans what many of them asked for.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 08:29 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Seasick Sailor:
Your membership does include cigars. Pete confirms it on the site, and from the sound of it, the people who told you that it would be a mix of regular production, limited edition, and prototypes got it right.

At the end of the day, you have to decide if it's worth it to you. For me it was. YMMV. What I don't understand is why people feel the need to bash those who find value in it or Pete for giving his fans what many of them asked for.
I think the people who are bashing this club are those who have chases NC LE's in the past and are feeling burned out on it with this club. I think it happens with every new le release, but more so with this as the benefits of the club are so vague.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:32 PM 05-20-2011
What I don't understand is why people feel the need to bash those who find value in it or Pete for giving his fans what many of them asked for.
Cognitive dissonance.:-)
[Reply]
thecatch83 09:13 PM 05-20-2011

^ :-)

Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
I think the people who are bashing this club are those who have chases NC LE's in the past and are feeling burned out on it with this club. I think it happens with every new le release, but more so with this as the benefits of the club are so vague.
Posted via Mobile Device
And with S&S, there is no chasing.......kind of ironical
[Reply]
Loon 10:49 PM 05-20-2011
And now we can all bow our heads with great respect and
genuflect genuflect genuflect.

[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:07 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Loon:
And now we can all bow our heads with great respect and
genuflect genuflect genuflect.

[Reply]
muhren 06:58 AM 05-21-2011
After much back & forth (with myself) I came to a very sound decision based on one thing - You only live once.

I'm now #152.

For those doing the math - with me signed up at 152 (x$150) that is $22,800 made in a couple days for Pete! (minus his costs of course)

would it be fun to see a running income total on this or not?? - :-)

M
[Reply]
Trent0341 07:56 AM 05-21-2011
Originally Posted by muhren:
After much back & forth (with myself) I came to a very sound decision based on one thing - You only live once.

I'm now #152.

For those doing the math - with me signed up at 152 (x$150) that is $22,800 made in a couple days for Pete! (minus his costs of course)

would it be fun to see a running income total on this or not?? - :-)

M
I can't imagine that after expenses and whatever donation he's making to charity that this affects his bottom line much. I am curious as to how many people this will draw?
[Reply]
srduggins 10:02 AM 05-21-2011
I'm on the fence. Normally, I'd be all over this, but I have plenty to smoke and not smoking as many NCs these days. Plus I'd hate to smoke one stick, love it, and not have any more, or any other chance of getting more.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:06 AM 05-21-2011
Originally Posted by srduggins:
I'm on the fence. Normally, I'd be all over this, but I have plenty to smoke and not smoking as many NCs these days. Plus I'd hate to smoke one stick, love it, and not have any more, or any other chance of getting more.
I'm guessing that all the sticks in the sampler are readily available either before or after said sampler is sent out. He can't make money if people love cigars he doesn't even sell. It will make a lot more money for him in the long run for all the people who buy into the 'limited and test' thought. :-)
[Reply]
muhren 11:14 AM 05-21-2011
Originally Posted by Trent0341:
I can't imagine that after expenses and whatever donation he's making to charity that this affects his bottom line much. I am curious as to how many people this will draw?
You're thinking he's not generating income from the sign-up fee?

I'm basing this on a fellow (manufacturer) I spoke on the phone with who let slip that they sell to retailers at about 50% of what's charged. This was on a particular stick, but still, I would think around 11K of that is profit.

But, he would have to pay for web programming as well. Shipping, etc. So, maybe less...I guess he's not making half profit, but he (or anyone for that matter) is not in business to break even.

M
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:00 PM 05-21-2011
I'm number 166 since you want to keep track, M. I shifted some funds around so I could sign up. I'm sure the sticks will be worth it. I had the option of a XXXL tee, and swag tees are usually XXL at best. The hat is kinda nifty. The rest of the swag aint bad neither.

Yes, $150 could buy a box of... something. They would all be the same something, and it would likely not be the same opportunity.

As for the donation thing, PJ has already done two years of the Verite thing as charity, and has a lot of respect for the Fuentes which donate a lot to charity. I'm sure it will be a worthwhile cut to charity.

Another thing I noticed when signing up is that they ask for your country, mention international shipping through USPS int. flat rate, and the shipping is free. IDK if this will hold up for my international BOTL here, but $150 USD is a steal for some Tats shipped free over seas considering that shipping is pricey across the pond, and I think it's more difficult and expensive to get NCs over there anyway. IDK how all that works, but it's a thought.
[Reply]
maninblack 06:34 AM 05-22-2011
I'm still debating about signing up but its very tempting, no matter what the haters say.
[Reply]
boom 10:31 AM 05-22-2011
Still a toss up for me at this point.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:55 PM 05-22-2011
I posted on Petes wall and he did confirm that it includes 15 sticks. Trying to shift some funds around as 15 Tats is worth the coin plus I look at the other stuff to be a bonus although the only thing it the pack besides the cigars that I would probably like having is the tee and hat as I am a cigar tee ho.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 08:44 PM 05-22-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I'm guessing that all the sticks in the sampler are readily available either before or after said sampler is sent out. He can't make money if people love cigars he doesn't even sell. It will make a lot more money for him in the long run for all the people who buy into the 'limited and test' thought. :-)
Great point. I think I'm going to hold out. If you're wrong, then oh well, I lost out on trying some 1 off sticks that I could never get again. If you're right, then you saved me $150 from buying into the club now.
[Reply]
burnem 08:57 PM 05-22-2011
I am grateful for sinners and saints. It is at this point that I can say that I am through chasing hard to finds. There are too many normal production Tats to enjoy if the quality doesn't start to slip because all the extra effort being put into the blending and production of these HTFs. There are just too many Pepin blends, Cubans, and other cigars to enjoy.
[Reply]
poriggity 09:36 AM 05-23-2011
I weighed the options, and for me, it wasn't worth it. Then again, I am not a huge Tat fan. I like Tat's, but IMHO, Studio Tobac smokes are better. If ST had a similar club, I'd be there in a heartbeat, and spend the $$. I guess it's all about what cigar brand you like, and if it's worth it for you.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Up