Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>12 Ronsons $17 until 8PM 12/9/10
cort 05:41 PM 12-17-2010
Got mine today. Looks like the West Coast is in business.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:40 AM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
Guess you cant over use the MAC card!!! Bank Kelli wont let that happen!!
Kelly likes me
[Reply]
papajohn67 02:38 AM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Cort:
Got mine today. Looks like the West Coast is in business.
UPS seems to have handed my package off by having it "tendered to local post office. Lucky me.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 12:38 PM 12-18-2010
yup just got mine yesterday I quickly did some editing and got them all good to go. A few needed fixing, but all are more or less working now.

[Reply]
papajohn67 01:51 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
UPS seems to have handed my package off by having it "tendered to local post office. Lucky me.
Got mine...
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:45 PM 12-18-2010
Just got mine!!!

Now to clean them up and do some fiddling!

[Reply]
shvictor 05:04 PM 12-18-2010
Got mine. They work great
[Reply]
Montano 05:04 PM 12-18-2010
Anybody got a Ronson I can barrow ?
[Reply]
icehog3 06:11 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Montano:
Anybody got a Ronson I can barrow ?
Sure, whatcha need?
[Reply]
ripper 06:35 PM 12-18-2010
Sent Shnoop 2 messages asking about tracking numbers, perhaps a shipping notification. Silly me, all the Shnoops wanted for Xmas was to get rid of 12 more lighters.
The dirty dozen arrived late this afternoon via the hybrid of UPS to our town's ridiculously small post office, then US Postal Service beater truck to our house in the dank dark woods above Henderson Bay.
Four different styles. They cleaned up nicely and glory of glories, they all work. The chrome ones are my faves.
Any cigar pals wanting one should send a PM. You may get a bit of swag, too.
[Reply]
stewshi 07:00 PM 12-18-2010
Got mine yesterday also in AZ tested them out most work and most have some sticky residue on them. I have to do more testing some have large flames and others are barely there.

Anyone know how to fix them if once you let go the flame still burns strong? Or worse the gas keeps running? If there's no way these are prob destined for the trash.
[Reply]
smokin5 07:50 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by smokin5:
If these lighters turn out to be decent torches
and not low intensity flames, I'd like to buy 2-3
of them for $2@ plus shipping. Anyone game?
Bump.
If you're not interested in cash,
I'm sure we can trade for something.
Hmmmm....let's see......what about cigars?
[Reply]
Starz26 03:14 PM 12-19-2010
FYI, if you ordered from this deal please watch your credit cards. Everyone I know over on the other forums that ordered this deal has had fradulant charges appear.

I Just got a call from Amex Fraud. Nailed for $3,000 charge to Luftansa and a 40.00 charge to Air asia.

Thankfully Amex is very good at detecting this stuff and stopped them in their tracks.

I have no doubt that the use of Schnoops was the culprit either through a direct fraud by the website or and indirect hacking into their database.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 03:38 PM 12-19-2010
I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this, but I emailed Shnoop asking who is responsible and for any record of hacks/intrusions, and if they don't respond to me by Tuesday morning, I will make sure the police know they are not cooperating.

I used Poopal so I am safe so far. However, I started the thread about this deal on another forum which ultimately led to the thread here so I feel a little guilty people are getting screwed over!

If you have had fraudulent charges, can you please add your name to the list and include the dollar amount? I would like to work with someone who has had these charges to file a criminal complaint. If someone has already contacted the police, can you let me know?

List of BOTLs with fraudulent charges (please copy and paste in your post):
1. Starz26 - $3,000
[Reply]
Blueface 03:40 PM 12-19-2010
I get almost instant email notifications of ANY charges to my card.
Have not seen anything to date.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:42 PM 12-19-2010
Just went online and checked.
Nothing.
If this vendor was responsible, I am sure I too would have been hit by now.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 03:55 PM 12-19-2010
Wow, here is Shnoop's response:

Thank you for your recent purchase. Presently, shnoop.com uses "Poopal" as the credit card processor, even for direct credit card orders. As such, all transactions are processed on "Poopal's" secure payment platform, which employs a sophisticated and proprietary algorithm to detect fraudulent transactions. In addition to this, we also subscribe to McAfee Secure, which performs a daily audit on our sites to ensure that all data sent between our sites and the credit card processor is secure, as well as PCI Compliance. Therefore, we do not believe that the security of your credit card was compromised on our site. If you have fraudulent transactions on your credit card, we encourage you to contact your card issuing bank to dispute the fraudulent transactions and request that they investigate the cause of it. Please don't hesitate to email us back if you have any further questions.

Regards,

The Shnoop Team
[Reply]
icehog3 04:21 PM 12-19-2010
FYI, Ryan....if a credit card company does not hold the cardholder responsible for fraudulent charges, the cardholder is no longer the victim in any criminal case...the credit card company would have to pursue the criminal charges.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 04:49 PM 12-19-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
FYI, Ryan....if a credit card company does not hold the cardholder responsible for fraudulent charges, the cardholder is no longer the victim in any criminal case...the credit card company would have to pursue the criminal charges.
I understand that and I'm sure the credit card co's do all they can to look into fraudulent charges. But there are different credit card companies being used by BOTLs that are getting screwed and if only 1 or 2 people are showing fraud charges for a certain card company, they are probably less likely to fully pursue a possible connection to a vendor than if they realized many more people were getting scammed by using the same vendor. I'm hoping some sort of law enforcement would like to see a complete list of customers whose credit cards are being compromised as this cannot be a coincidence and the trail has to lead to Shnoop.

I'm sure I couldn't help any more than the card co's doing their own investigation, but I have been scammed before and it just pisses me off. When I got scammed, I was told by the FBI and a County Computer Crimes division that they don't have time to go after small fish (even when I gave them a ton of evidence), so I think by creating a comprehensive list, someone would listen. Yeah that's a pipe dream, but still... :-)

But if no one here cares after their card co's reverse the charges, then I guess I shouldn't care either... it still just pisses me off! LOL
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 05:16 PM 12-19-2010
At least they are taking my inquiry seriously...

2nd email from Shnoop:

Thank you for following up on this with us. Once again, we do regret and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. At this time, we have referred this matter to our contact within Poopal, and requested that they review this matter thoroughly, to determine if the fraud was somehow inadvertently linked to shnoop.com. We can assure you that we will do our best to ensure that this is resolved in satisfactory manner to the best of our abilities.

Regards,

The Shnoop Team
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Up