Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Entertainment>Sons of Anarchy Season 3 - DISCUSSION THREAD
elderboy02 09:29 PM 11-02-2010
That was an intense episode! :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 11:37 PM 11-02-2010
$hit.....why do they consistently screw over SoA. EVERYONE does, definitely an intense episode. I think jax might have to choose his kid or his old lady. Maybe?
[Reply]
hscmit 08:59 AM 11-03-2010
better episode last night
[Reply]
GKitty 09:09 AM 11-03-2010
Originally Posted by GKitty:
Another name for you: Margaret Murphy. That's the hospital admin's name. I'm intrigued to see this support for Tara's outlaw ways. I figured she was going to serve her up on a silver platter. I bet Margaret's hiding a tattoo under that buttoned up suit.
I would just like to say.... CALLED THAT $H!T!! :-)

I'm going to watch this episode again before I really get into my rant. I'm feeling like I missed something at the border crossing.

Great eiposde though. Intense and startling. I was a source of amusement to a friend who was watching with me. He doesn't follow and knows nothing about SOA and I'm yelling at the TV.
[Reply]
Scothew 09:26 AM 11-03-2010
I finnaly got caught up after our dish network/fox inspired hiatus.

Great call Crystal! I was surprised by that when I saw it.

Mentioning of yelling at the tv. My wife was so pissed off at Jax when he had told Tara he was done then he went and slept with Ima from caracara. She was yelling at him and ready to just go off. I had to pause it so I could continue hearing it once she calmed down.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:28 AM 11-03-2010
HAHA! Good call on the tattoo. I'm betting "former old-lady" :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 01:00 PM 11-03-2010
I'm betting former skank! Shes too ugly to be anyones old lady.....maybe a prospect?
[Reply]
Scothew 02:04 PM 11-03-2010
Btw, anyone catch the name used when Tara too Lyla to the anonymous clinic. "Sarah Palin, you can come on back now" :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:55 PM 11-03-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
...Shes too ugly to be anyones old lady.....maybe a prospect?
You ever see a biker's old lady? They aren't super models.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:58 PM 11-03-2010
Am I the only person that thinks this season blows, hard? The last couple of epi's were not bad but.....................
[Reply]
SouthernSmoke 03:09 PM 11-03-2010
Guys, if she had a tat like that, she wasn't an old lady. She was a member of an MC.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 03:22 PM 11-03-2010
Patrick, I've seen quite a few old lady's with full back tats before... that doesn't mean they are members or even ride. I'm still holding out that she used to be someone's old lady at some point in her life.

Sorry you're not digging on it Greg. This is actually my favorite season so far.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:50 PM 11-03-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
You ever see a biker's old lady? They aren't super models.
No but they usually have AT LEAST ONE redeeming quality (ala huge tits or something).

I agree this season is .....meh the whole kid thing is annoying. The rest of the season is good I just hate this kid plot.
[Reply]
Superbad 04:01 PM 11-03-2010
No but they usually have AT LEAST ONE redeeming quality (ala huge tits or something).

I agree this season is .....meh the whole kid thing is annoying. The rest of the season is good I just hate this kid plot.
Me too. If someone had my son, and they told me that.... They are dead unless they took me to him right then, no seconds wasted.
[Reply]
Bill86 04:11 PM 11-03-2010
I don't want to have kids or anything but if someone took my cat...... I wouldn't waste much time catching them....after that it may become time consuming. So I can definitely agree with you on that. If anyone takes anything of mine that breaths they don't simple as that.

Another thing the aryan that raped jax's mom.....he got off WAY too easy....a headshot...give me a break.

Anyways, I hope this season gets better and they get the kid thing squared away. But now they got jax's old lady......so annoying. The season plot in one word Abduction.
[Reply]
Superbad 04:16 PM 11-03-2010
Remember the former member that they burned his tattoo off with a torch? The SOA seem to be puss-ing out more and more as the show goes along. That van bomb in the barn, and then not beating the crap out of the 2 SAMBEL guys who didn't get trapped, when they already suspect them. The SOA needs less estrogen and more testosterone.
[Reply]
Bill86 04:41 PM 11-03-2010
I completely agree, I've been saying that since the show started. EVERY other biker group is ruthless and doesn't care. Why do Samcro worry about "heat" and "police" when no one else does? Makes no sense. Those Sambel guys were suspected and didn't get hurt by the blast and were WAY far away RIGHT when it happened. That is not a coincidence.
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:11 PM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Am I the only person that thinks this season blows, hard? The last couple of epi's were not bad but.....................
gotta agree with you.
[Reply]
gvarsity 03:55 PM 11-08-2010
I completely agree, I've been saying that since the show started. EVERY other biker group is ruthless and doesn't care. Why do Samcro worry about "heat" and "police" when no one else does? Makes no sense. Those Sambel guys were suspected and didn't get hurt by the blast and were WAY far away RIGHT when it happened. That is not a coincidence.

I think that is the key conflict of the whole show. Is the SOA just a bunch of thug gangbangers or something more? It is possible to be ruthless and still stand for something. Jax's entire internal conflict reflects this and we see that play out through the lens of the choices he makes as he handles his trials like losing Abel, his Mom's legal issues etc.

Sometimes Jax gets caught up in thinking having integrity is just good business and sometimes he really struggles with trying to have a moral compass and do right in a world that is completely morally ambiguous.

These conflicts are also played out in his wavering affiliations to the ideal of his father (idealistic) vs. his stepfather (pragmatic). This is what makes the storyline of his fathers infidelity in Ireland so explosive. It puts the whole idealized nature of his father in chaos for Jax if/when he finds this out.

I do think the Able thing is played out and the pace of this season has been inconsistent. The issues with Jacob Hale, The Mayans, L.O.A.N., Law Enforcement is plenty of antagonists to deal with and IMHO lead to much more interesting and intriguing storylines. I feel like the whole Ireland thing is a hell of a lot of set-up for the family history payoff which I just don't think is going to live up to all of this build up.
[Reply]
RatherUneek 02:48 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I am with you completely. Sounds like I need to watch the last 2 episodes though. I stopped watching a few weeks ago. It got too unrealistic for me. I mean they always had some stuff that made you say "yeah right" but this season is rediculous! Jemma's room not being gaurded at all times meanwhile letting a known criminal organization have unsupervised visits with her. And disarming an entire police tactical unit on the side of the road in a foreign country? I'm sorry but they have gone too far. Maybe it's just me, I dunno.:-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Up