Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 36
« First < 91011 121321 > Last »
Sports>St Louis Cardinals Fans Sound Off!
688sonarmen 08:42 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Did anyone else pick this CC blooper on tonight's game? Deep fly out to outfield by Cardinal. The Closed Caption guy put in that in regards to the catch: "****ography Morgan is there". I missed it. My wife picked it up at her apartment in Mississippi, and called me. I backed up the dvr to the play, and sure enough, the CC blooper is also on the DirecTV CC. took a screen pix with phone. Not as clear as i'd like, but it does show up!
:-) Thanks!
[Reply]
CoreyD 10:40 PM 10-13-2011
Man what a great game tonight and wolfs pitching rocked, oh wait this is the Cardinals fans post. sorry hehe
[Reply]
688sonarmen 03:34 AM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
Man what a great game tonight and wolfs pitching rocked, oh wait this is the Cardinals fans post. sorry hehe
At least you watched the whole game, most Brewers fans walk away when they are losing:-)
[Reply]
qwerty1500 05:41 AM 10-14-2011
Wolf did pitch a great game. Sorry, I can't say the same for Lohse.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 08:10 PM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by qwerty1500:
Wolf did pitch a great game. Sorry, I can't say the same for Lohse.
Very true. The Brew Crew is playing like they want to give it up tonight 3 major errors so far, and would be several more if it was not for Fielder.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 09:16 PM 10-14-2011
Well, it was a win! We didn't have to do much but CARDS WIN!
[Reply]
qwerty1500 10:35 PM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Very true. The Brew Crew is playing like they want to give it up tonight 3 major errors so far, and would be several more if it was not for Fielder.
The Crew sort of reminded me of the 06 Series Tigers tonight. It would have been a very different game without those 4 errors. But, hey, a win is a win.

What I can't figure out is the bullpen. Tony has been quick with the hook throughout the NLCS. Is the bullpen just better than I thought? Or, has Tony just figured out how to use them against the Brewers? Or, maybe having Duncan back makes the difference?

I watch a lot of MLB Network and Harold Reynolds always impresses me with his pitcher v. batter matchup analysis. Tonight, he looked at Dotel v. Braun. When Dotel last faced him, in Game 3 I think, he got him on a diet of curve balls. Tonight, Braun didn't see a curve ball until the last one for strike 3 ... he hung that one but Braun couldn't connect. Love that cat and mouse strategy stuff. But, it tells me something about game preparation with the bullpen.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:23 AM 10-15-2011
I don't know either. Last night I would say we were up so preserve Garcia for another game and the bullpen is getting the job done. But he has taken pitchers out in the 4th or 5th for being behind as well. Maybe at the final stretch you try and spread the workload around.

The curveballs make perfect sense, what would Braun expect? A curveball so save it for the out! But what if he is thinking what Dotel is thinking he might least expect a curveball since that's what he received last time:-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 08:28 AM 10-15-2011
wow what a game last night the cars really used our errors to their advantage, and tony sure does use some strat guess we'll see how many games are played in Milwaukee.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:56 AM 10-15-2011
The Crew sort of reminded me of the 06 Series Tigers tonight. It would have been a very different game without those 4 errors. But, hey, a win is a win.

What I can't figure out is the bullpen. Tony has been quick with the hook throughout the NLCS. Is the bullpen just better than I thought? Or, has Tony just figured out how to use them against the Brewers? Or, maybe having Duncan back makes the difference?

I watch a lot of MLB Network and Harold Reynolds always impresses me with his pitcher v. batter matchup analysis. Tonight, he looked at Dotel v. Braun. When Dotel last faced him, in Game 3 I think, he got him on a diet of curve balls. Tonight, Braun didn't see a curve ball until the last one for strike 3 ... he hung that one but Braun couldn't connect. Love that cat and mouse strategy stuff. But, it tells me something about game preparation with the bullpen.
I think the bullpen is working because Tony has an extra pitcher in there, giving him that extra option when needed! Tony brought an extra pitcher to replace an injured player that he left off the roster. I think that is a big help. Plus, the bullpen is really playing at the top of their game! Can't remember the pitcher that pitched to one batter only, but he had one *****in' slider!
[Reply]
CoreyD 12:15 PM 10-15-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Can't remember the pitcher that pitched to one batter only, but he had one *****in' slider!
yeah he pitched to fielder can't remember his name
[Reply]
qwerty1500 12:25 PM 10-15-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
yeah he pitched to fielder can't remember his name
Would that be Rzepczynski?
[Reply]
SvilleKid 02:36 PM 10-15-2011
Would that be Rzepczynski?
Yep. Think so! Can't say it, thought!!
[Reply]
CoreyD 06:23 PM 10-16-2011
Oh my , 4 in the first against Markum man oh man, the crew needs to step up. What a pace you cards are setting early in the first.
[Reply]
CoreyD 06:28 PM 10-16-2011
oo oo not even minutes after my post Hart starts the bat order and home run.... this game may have many mound visits and hits.

Anyone catch fielders fly ball when the guy waved his arms like he was flying for out #3
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:36 PM 10-16-2011
HR Derby tonight brother!
[Reply]
688sonarmen 09:53 PM 10-16-2011
The St Louis Cardinals are the 2011 National League Champions!

Happy Flight!!!:-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 10:05 PM 10-16-2011
Grats to you Cardies, seemed the cards were on all game. although a few times I thought the brew crew were putting out good def and offense
[Reply]
qwerty1500 11:00 PM 10-16-2011
Yesssssssssss!!!!!!
[Reply]
688sonarmen 09:18 PM 10-19-2011
CARDS WIN!! This is going to be a great series. I'm thinking Freese should be the DH when we go to Texas, he did not look so hot at 3rd. Great game!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 36
« First < 91011 121321 > Last »
Up