Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Sports>Who's ready for the World Cup?
Pass 10:16 AM 06-30-2010
Agreed. Every Cup has several games decided by refs. With the passion that most nations place behind their team and soccer in general, it is impossible to find a ref who doesn't have some sort of bias.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that the US has had at least 1 disallowed goal in every Cup. This time we had, what? 3 or 4? The officiating is beyond horrible and Blatter can no longer excuse NOT using tech during the World Cup. How many times this Cup alone have we watched the better team leave the tournament? It's disgraceful!!!

...Now that that's off of my chest. I'm prepping my celebration stogie list for when Germany defeats Argentina, then Spain, and if there is a soccer God out there watching over us, Deutschland will go on to beat the Netherlands in the final.

Yeah, I said it... Netherlands. I want the Dutchmen to beat Brazil. Sooooooooooooo sick of them! Plus a Match between Netherlands and Germany would be EPIC due to their tactics and efficient play styles. Plus we won't have to hear about Messi, Ronaldo, or Kaka anymore. lol.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 10:35 AM 06-30-2010
Hey, we can dream... I think it it will be Argentina versus Brazil in the final no matter how much I dislike the idea.
[Reply]
Pass 10:43 AM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Hey, we can dream... I think it it will be Argentina versus Brazil in the final no matter how much I dislike the idea.
I would actually predict Brazil v Spain. Argentina has looked like utter garbage behind the ball and Spain are masters of ball possession. So much so that they scored on the team that was considered to be the hardest in the world to put goals on. Argentina is a straight up attack squad, but with Spain having a solid back field and capable of holding 80% of the possession against top teams, I suspect that they will likely top Argentina if they meet in the Semis.
[Reply]
kazzaca 11:28 AM 06-30-2010
I also think it will be a Spain v Brazil final...Argentina's defense isn't so good and I think Spain (or maybe even Germany) will be able to capitalize on it.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:29 AM 06-30-2010
I'm hoping for Spain vs The Netherlands. Can't stand Brazil, not their national team nor their tobacco :-)
[Reply]
Pass 11:32 AM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I'm hoping for Spain vs The Netherlands. Can't stand Brazil, not their national team nor their tobacco :-)

Yeah, I'd fear Germany too! lol :-)
[Reply]
landhoney 09:52 AM 07-02-2010
The Netherlands wins! Wow.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:52 AM 07-02-2010
What a way to start the weekend! I'm shaking like a Parkinson patient
[Reply]
ade06 09:52 AM 07-02-2010
Wow!!! Bye bye Brazil
[Reply]
ade06 09:53 AM 07-02-2010
What a way to start the weekend! I'm shaking like a Parkinson patient
Might help if you put down the booze.
[Reply]
Pass 09:54 AM 07-02-2010
The dutchmen take it away from Brazil 2-1!! Great game!

Didn't look good for NED at the start... but they held it together and pulled through. Brazil got flustered and began to crumble. NED held tight through it all! It will be great to see NED in the finals as I don't think that Ghana or Uruguay can beat them.

Yo, Don Fernando! That match I mentioned earlier... It's getting closer to actually happening!

Next up... Germany needs to beat Argentina tomorrow.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:54 AM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by ade06:
Might help if you put down the booze.
No booze for me YET! Have to drive, alcohol & traffic don't go hand & hand.
[Reply]
landhoney 09:55 AM 07-02-2010
How about a Germany vs. Netherlands final?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:58 AM 07-02-2010
I think it will be Spain vs Netherlands.
[Reply]
Superbad 09:59 AM 07-02-2010
Wahoo! Go Netherlands! I am so glad they beat Brazil!
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 10:03 AM 07-02-2010
Got the booze ready for you ferdinand :-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 10:17 AM 07-02-2010
I am hoping for a Germany v. Netherlands!
[Reply]
Pass 10:20 AM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by landhoney:
How about a Germany vs. Netherlands final?
I'm hoping for it! Go Deutschland!!!!
I think it will be Spain vs Netherlands.
...How 'bout no. LOL. The odds favor Spain v Netherlands... but my heart desires (and we all know the universe revolves around my desires) a GER V NED

Originally Posted by MiamiE:
I am hoping for a Germany v. Netherlands!
^^What he said.
[Reply]
md4958 10:21 AM 07-02-2010
Holy crap! Congrats Ferdinand!
[Reply]
TheRiddick 10:41 AM 07-02-2010
I was talking with someone about the Dutch, this past Monday, and told the guy how impressed I am with their midfield, to me the best (by far) midfield in WC, everyone is fast and working non-stop. I am still not that impressed with their defense, but if mids hold up in the final this will be interesting.

Hopefully, Germans will follow suit and knock Argentina out (against my prediction). All euro final is more than fine with me...
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Up