Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 91011 12 >
Sports>We are for real this year!!!!
Vigiles 12:16 PM 01-18-2010
was a good game, should be interesting to see how they do against the colts!
[Reply]
Resipsa 02:39 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
All I can say is I am still in awe.
I cannot believe it.

Goes to show that defense does win games.
What an explosive offense that just got shut down by the Jets.

Looking forward to next weekend.
Will be interesting to see Manning and company with that high power offense v. the Jets and their defense.

Where's Vic? Vic, I think that will settle our "offense" v. "defense" bebate.:-)
Been in Bahston attending to family business.:-)

Our "bebate" will never be over Carlos, you have your mind made up, :-)

Looking forward to this game. Even if the Jets win I'll still say they stink, because I honestly believe that.:-)

Jets could win, who knows. Colts could play poorly, it could happen. But I'll just say this, all rex did was copy the Ravens defense and bring it to NY. Colts have had no trouble with the Ravens D, they've beaten them 8 times in a row. Blitzing Manning and putting 9 guys in the box to stop the run doesn't work against the Colts, because Manning destroys the blitz and the Colts don't care about running the ball.:-)

But hey, who knows that's why you play the game.
[Reply]
Resipsa 02:46 PM 01-18-2010
Joe, where are you?
I am becoming a believer!
He's the true Jets fan I've come to know so well Carlos, they only show up when the Jets are winning, :-)

Seriously. I haven't seen a Jets jacket or a jets hat, or a jets sweatshirt, or a jets fans in YEARS around here, suddenly........

[Reply]
DBall 02:49 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
He's the true Jets fan I've come to know so well Carlos, they only show up when the Jets are winning, :-)

Seriously. I haven't seen a Jets jacket or a jets hat, or a jets sweatshirt, or a jets fans in YEARS around here, suddenly........
Aren't you coming to Albany? I'll wear my jersey for ya... :-) Been a Jets fan since before I knew what a cigar was...
[Reply]
Resipsa 02:52 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
Aren't you coming to Albany? I'll wear my jersey for ya... :-) Been a Jets fan since before I knew what a cigar was...
I'll be there Dan, should be fun.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:53 PM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I love settling bebates! :-)
Been in Bahston attending to family business.:-)

Our "bebate" will never be over Carlos, you have your mind made up, :-)
:-)
Holy crap!
I better slow down my typing or slow down on the beers when typing.:-)
[Reply]
Whee 04:00 PM 01-24-2010
[Reply]
icehog3 04:44 PM 01-24-2010
I won't even Bwahahahaha, the Jets had a pretty good season. Congrats to their fans,
[Reply]
srduggins 05:19 PM 01-24-2010
Great season for the Jets. Look out for them next year!
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:36 PM 01-24-2010
:-)
Holy crap!
I better slow down my typing or slow down on the beers when typing.:-)
convinced yet Carlos?
[Reply]
Blueface 06:21 PM 01-24-2010
convinced yet Carlos?
Yup. Same old Jets.
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:13 PM 01-24-2010
Yup. Same old Jets.
No, convicned about offenses winning championships, not defenses.
[Reply]
acruce 07:18 PM 01-24-2010
The had to have help to even make it in the palyoffs. Once there they did play well.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:25 PM 01-24-2010
No, convicned about offenses winning championships, not defenses.
The Saints Defense won the game for them tonight even if they did give up over 400 yards. It's the takeaways that count.
[Reply]
Resipsa 09:39 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by macpappy:
The Saints Defense won the game for them tonight even if they did give up over 400 yards. It's the takeaways that count.
You call them takeaways, I call them giveaways......Favre kills his team, again.:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:32 AM 01-25-2010
You call them takeaways, I call them giveaways......Favre kills his team, again.:-)
It Was Still "Defense" That Won The Game For The Saints, Vic!:-)
[Reply]
coastietech 05:45 AM 01-25-2010
Yup. Same old Jets.
I disagree with this statement...

Sanchez showed he had what it takes to be successful in the NFL. I think Greene will be a very explosive and dynamic back for years to come and our defense will only get better. They are young, but talented.

Watching that game I was very expressed by the first half play, our defense stepped up and Sanchez was very poised and making some great plays.

Manning is and will go down in history as the greatest QB to ever play the game. Not only because of his arm but also because of his amazing knowledge of the game. He was able to figure out the Jets defense inside of 2 quarters and pick us apart after that. Garcone and Collie were burning our defense left and right. Our secondary during the second half looked tired and almost non-existent.

I think Greene getting hurt played a big time factor in our running game decline in the second half.

Either way I don't think this is the same old Jets. I think this team will do good things next year and they have the players to do very well.

Give Sanchez and Greene sometime to come in to their own and I have a feeling they will both be forces to be reckoned with.
[Reply]
macpappy 06:54 AM 01-25-2010
Bitterness serves no purpose in life.
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:29 AM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Bitterness serves no purpose in life.
:-) What am I supposed to be bitter about?

The bottom line is the Vikings carved up the Saints D yesterday.

But they didn't take care of the ball, so they lost. It's really that simple.
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 07:35 AM 01-25-2010
"Giveaways!" agreed! Though I think Favre played well enough to win the game. Offensive line breakdown caused his first INT. Adrian "New Year's Eve" Peterson (they way he drops balls) and Percey Harvin's fumbles were terrible.:-) Good game though!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 91011 12 >
Up