Sports>Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"
dunng 09:16 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
I miss CS sometimes..........*sigh*
Don't we all... :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 09:34 AM 10-19-2009
Is it the Colts or the Dolts you root against?
You'll have plenty of time to whine after the Patsies play them in a few weeks.
As I said, I reply in kind.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:39 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Just saw this poll on CBS Sportsline and reminded me of this thread.

Which team has impressed you the most so far in Week 6?
72% Saints

13% Vikings

15% Patriots

What do Patriots fans conclude from this poll?
85% of those that responded must be "haters"!:-)
I think your conclusion is wrong. The Patriots were playing a team which hadn't won a game with a suspect quarterback and ineffective defense. I think everyone expected Brady and the Patriots to have a cakewalk and totally dominate the game - which is exactly what they did. Did the score more points than everyone expected? Yes.

Now put that in comparison with the Giants vs. the Saints. Just about everyone in sports media predicted the Giants would win. Some had it a close game and others had the Giants winning by 10 or 14. Instead the Saints completely dominated what had been the #1 defense and the #2 offense in the NFL going into the game.

So honestly ask yourself which was a more impressive win? Patriot's over a 0-5 team or Saints over a 5-0 team?
[Reply]
Blueface 09:46 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
I think your conclusion is wrong. The Patriots were playing a team which hadn't won a game with a suspect quarterback and ineffective defense. I think everyone expected Brady and the Patriots to have a cakewalk and totally dominate the game - which is exactly what they did. Did the score more points than everyone expected? Yes.

Now put that in comparison with the Giants vs. the Saints. Just about everyone in sports media predicted the Giants would win. Some had it a close game and others had the Giants winning by 10 or 14. Instead the Saints completely dominated what had been the #1 defense and the #2 offense in the NFL going into the game.

So honestly ask yourself which was a more impressive win? Patriot's over a 0-5 team or Saints over a 5-0 team?
You have me pegged on the wrong side of the fence here.:-)
Can't disagree with you at all.
I am mocking the fact the majority seems to agree with me that this win for the Patriots was only impressive to Patriots fans.
Only Patriots fans can say I am hater for seeing it as the poll does.
I agree what N.O. did far outweighs the Patriots' dismantling of an 0-5 team, although the Giants defense, while number one, was not really tested by a team the likes of N.O.
N.O. is a complete offensive package with weapons from every angle, the likes not seen recently other than Indy.
Many of the shows I saw had them selecting N.O. overwhelmingly over the Giants.
As a Giants fan, I was very concerned before the game and turns out for obvious reasons.

BTW,
Latest update has it 74%, up two for the Saints and down one to 14% for the Patriots.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:55 AM 10-19-2009
You have me pegged on the wrong side of the fence here.:-)
Can't disagree with you at all.
I am mocking the fact the majority seems to agree with me that this win for the Patriots was only impressive to Patriots fans.
Only Patriots fans can say I am hater for seeing it as the poll does.
I agree what N.O. did far outweighs the Patriots' dismantling of an 0-5 team, although the Giants defense, while number one, was not really tested by a team the likes of N.O.
N.O. is a complete offensive package with weapons from every angle, the likes not seen recently other than Indy.
Many of the shows I saw had them selecting N.O. overwhelmingly over the Giants.
As a Giants fan, I was very concerned before the game and turns out for obvious reasons.

BTW,
Latest update has it 74%, up two for the Saints and down one to 14% for the Patriots.
Carlos,
You're just making nice in hopes that the Saints won't fly into Miami and put on the same type of performance.:-)

My whole take on the "Look at how great Brady is storyline" is BIG DEAL! Drew Brees threw six touchdowns against Detroit.

Oh! Sorry about the beatdown yesterday.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:00 AM 10-19-2009
Carlos,
You're just making nice in hopes that the Saints won't fly into Miami and put on the same type of performance.:-)

My whole take on the "Look at how great Brady is storyline" is BIG DEAL! Drew Brees threw six touchdowns against Detroit.

Oh! Sorry about the beatdown yesterday.
Making nice?
Heck no. I have been ruffling these poor guys in this thread and not letting them savor their massacre.:-)

I think you have to keep in perspective that perhaps Brees didn't get the publicity because he is expected to do what he did and maybe Brady isn't?:-)
Ouch......

I think Miami is way seriously outclassed for this coming week. Won't be a fun thing to watch unless you are like me........Brees my fantasy QB in one league, Colston my fantasy WR in another, N.O. my defense in both.:-) I
[Reply]
macpappy 10:03 AM 10-19-2009
Monday, Nov. 23 - New England at New Orleans. It might be a good one.
[Reply]
dogface_313 05:52 AM 10-20-2009
Monday, Nov. 23 - New England at New Orleans. It might be a good one.

A lot of big games for NE in NOV!
[Reply]
macpappy 08:36 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
A lot of big games for NE in NOV!
All taunting aside, I think that SHOULD be a good game. I expect it to be a closer game than what we did to the Giants.
[Reply]
2000ARMY 12:00 PM 10-20-2009
Galloway is gone ... Thank God .... Banta Cain is resigned. more to come I'm sure
[Reply]
2000ARMY 09:42 PM 10-20-2009
Edelman is out with a Broken arm ... not season ending.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:18 PM 10-21-2009
All taunting aside, I think that SHOULD be a good game. I expect it to be a closer game than what we did to the Giants.
Ouch!!!:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 09:26 PM 10-21-2009
Ouch!!!:-)
Well, you know how it is with those 15 yard penalties for getting within 3 feet of Lord Brady.:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 02:51 PM 10-25-2009
Nice game for the Pats in merry olde England today. Not error free, not perfect but a nice win going into the bye week nevertheless.
Some thoughts about the game:

Sebastian Vollmer was exposed a bit for the rookie he his. Most of the penalties he was called for were rookie mistakes and it was obvious he was targeted by Tampa's defense as a weak spot. He generally held his own but did resort to a couple of holds when caught out of position. Overall he looked good though, he will be a good one down the road.
Brady forced a couple that resulted in interceptions. Overall he was on target, but with the good teams coming up on the schedule he will have to be more careful.
Nice to see two interceptions by Merriwhether. This kid is really proving his worth this year.
Unfortunately Maroney reverted back to form for the most part. Why doesn't Green-Ellis start?
Moss went out for good early in the 4th qtr, this could be bad down the road.
My favorite person to watch in the entire league is Wes Welker, even more so than Adrian Petterson. Wow, can that guy move after the catch.
A good win for the Pats that will make for a nice bye week and a pleasant plane flight home. #1 in the AFC East and clicking on all cylinders.
[Reply]
coastietech 06:14 AM 10-26-2009
Your seriously bragging about beating Tampa Bay? Clicking on all cylinders? The last two weeks you have played winless teams. When you play someone that has a team, the Bronco's for instance, you can't win. Don't get to comfortable in 1st place. I see a few more loses coming your way. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:02 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
Your seriously bragging about beating Tampa Bay? Clicking on all cylinders? The last two weeks you have played winless teams. When you play someone that has a team, the Bronco's for instance, you can't win. Don't get to comfortable in 1st place. I see a few more loses coming your way. :-)
I can't help but agree.
Sort of me getting happy about the Giants 5-0 when they had beaten up on teams everyone else seems to have done also.

Here is N.E.'s remaining schedule.
A few tough matches ahead that will test them for sure.

Miami twice - a very deceptive 2-4 schedule - watch them build up for this rivalry and eat some Brady.
Jets - same as with the above. Division rivalries and a very good Jets defense.
Indy - shootout and may one remain standing.
N.O. - I see them way, way to strong for the Patriots.
Houston - another shootout.
We shall soon see what this Patriots team is really all about.
The Jets have some tough matchups also with Miami, Indy, Cincy and Atlanta, along with N.E.

9 11/08/09 MIA
10 11/15/09 @IND
11 11/22/09 NYJ
12 11/30/09 @NO
13 12/06/09 @MIA
14 12/13/09 CAR
15 12/20/09 @BUF
16 12/27/09 JAC-
17 01/03/10 @HOU-
[Reply]
VTDragon 08:16 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by [COLOR=blue:
coastietech[/color];617619]Your seriously bragging about beating Tampa Bay? Clicking on all cylinders? The last two weeks you have played winless teams. When you play someone that has a team, the Bronco's for instance, you can't win. Don't get to comfortable in 1st place. I see a few more loses coming your way. :-)
Nope, not bragging, just stating the facts. They were clicking on all cylinders. The Patriots went over to London and did what any good team should do against a struggling non-contender - they took care of business. I don't expect that this team will run the table the rest of the way. They will have some tough games and inevitably more losses. I do expect that they will win the AFC East as I do not see either the Jets or Dolphins being able to maintain any degree of consistancy. Remember, their remaining schedules are similar to New England's. As for the coming games against Miami, Indy and New Orleans, ... those will tell us a lot about how things will shake out this season. In the meantime, the Patriots have earned a good week's rest.
[Reply]
dogface_313 06:02 PM 11-02-2009
Well, we are looking better even without playing.
[Reply]
dogface_313 06:51 PM 11-07-2009
This thread has been quiet. GO PATS!
[Reply]
taltos 06:50 AM 11-08-2009
I miss CS sometimes..........*sigh*
Don't worry Vic, I will be around from time to time and will taunt you and the Forehead without mercy.:-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Up