Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 91011 12 >
All Cigar Discussion>Rant: Cigar Bums
Stephen 01:23 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by MarioF:
Peter it's days like this that we really appreciate the amount of work it takes to keep this site the way it is. Thank you!!
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I believe this is a good time to post how happy I am that CA was created and convey my appreciation for all the mods and the work they do here.

MCS

P.S. I'd like to bite Tom's bicep in a loving way.

Originally Posted by pektel:
Word. This has become the place I visit most online. Many thanks to the ToE for making CA what it is. :-):-)
Agree on all accounts. Except with biting Tom's bicep; that's just creepy...:-)
[Reply]
OHRD 01:36 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Why, you plan on sending a hand-written letter to each and every individual on the rolodex asking them for cigars? You bum you...:-)
Come on Stephen, I don't have time for handwritten notes. It'll be generically typed and mass addressed. You got any stamps?
[Reply]
Stephen 01:40 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by OHRD:
Come on Stephen, I don't have time for handwritten notes. It'll be generically typed and mass addressed. You got any stamps?
Well I do, but they're not self-adhevise. :-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 01:49 PM 02-23-2011
We used to get together at a buddies house to discuss guns and smoke some hooka, and one of the guys once said "When my friends come over they bring me expensive cigars". This was before I smoked cigars. I thought to myself what an asshole.

At the same place I had a guy bring a bag of cigars from one of the local B&Ms and offer them all up to anyone that wanted one. I chose one at random, as it was probably my first cigar that wasn't purple flavored. I offered to pay for it, but he told me not to worry about it.

Now, I bring my 15 count with me when we BBQ, the lake, or an outdoor event. I load it up with some shrapnels, or vanilla flavored cigars, a few Nica Libres or equivalent, a few of whatever I am smoking to share with those in the know. I let them pick. What they do with it is up to them.

I generally smoke cheap sticks anyway, as I am a frugal bastid.
[Reply]
OHRD 01:53 PM 02-23-2011
Staying on topic.

I've got a group of buddies in town and we try to smoke weekly. One of the guys is a serious smoker, the others aren't really. Whenever we get together I always plan to give out 2-3 cigars. Even though they don't rant and rave about the flavor and construction, I still like to give them nice cigars than cheapies.

I've had 2 buddies (not apart of this group) recently become regular smokers and it was because they were given the good stuff by friends early on.
[Reply]
Kreth 02:06 PM 02-23-2011
I'm good on cigars right now, but I could use a PS3. And a couple of games. Good ones, no crap. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
OHRD 02:11 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I'm good on cigars right now, but I could use a PS3. And a couple of games. Good ones, no crap. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm thinking of selling my XBOX360 games b/c my system got the red ring of death. Is this the correct thread to discuss that?
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:31 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Posted via Mobile Device
No PS3, but I have a broken NES system; will that do? Some good games there -- like Pilot Wings, Mario Kart and others that may or may not have water damage :-)
[Reply]
OHRD 02:32 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
No PS3, but I have a broken NES system; will that do? Some good games there -- like Pilot Wings, Mario Kart and others that may or may not have water damage :-)
Throw in Excitebike and this thread can be closed as far as I'm concerned.
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:38 PM 02-23-2011
Throw in Excitebike and this thread can be closed as far as I'm concerned.
that's crazy talk...tecmo bowl...
[Reply]
jsnake 02:38 PM 02-23-2011
I don't mind sharing. Part of the fun of cigars. I usually pack some good stuff and cheap stuff to have a variety. If a guy is inexperienced I will pick one for him. If it is family or someone who really appreciates what I have they get to pick. Nothing hurts more then seeing some guy take 2 or 3 puffs on a $10 cigar and snub it out like a cheap cigarette.

If anyone needs any I have some used underwear I wouldn't mind sending to someone here.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:39 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I believe this is a good time to post how happy I am that CA was created and convey my appreciation for all the mods and the work they do here.

MCS

P.S. I'd like to bite Tom's bicep in a loving way.
I must be the luckiest boy in the world! :-)
[Reply]
OHRD 02:42 PM 02-23-2011
If we're giving stuff away, I've been trying to GIVE THIS AWAY forever on CA - http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38441
[Reply]
SDmate 02:43 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by jsnake:

If anyone needs any I have some used underwear I wouldn't mind sending to someone here.
Is the elastic still good.. if so I may be interested
[Reply]
JaKaacH 02:45 PM 02-23-2011
Vegamite makes a good tire gel...:-)
[Reply]
OHRD 02:51 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by SDmate:
Is the elastic still good.. if so I may be interested
Good thinking - headbands. I'm in.
[Reply]
jsnake 06:07 PM 02-23-2011
Good thinking - headbands. I'm in.
Good elastic so I got you guys covered.
[Reply]
SDmate 06:09 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by jsnake:
Good elastic so I got you guys covered.
:-)
[Reply]
justonemorestick 06:26 PM 02-23-2011
Pre skidmarked?
[Reply]
thecatch83 07:16 PM 02-23-2011
I guess my personal view is that I don't mind sharing a good cigar with a newbie.....to me, that is the appeal of cigar smoking (it's social interaction). You could also let someone take a few puffs and then decide if you want to give them one of their own. Puff puff give is how I roll. And yes as eluded to earlier, if you want your friends to jump off a large building in disgust, offer them anything made in the Acid line............just sayin
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 91011 12 >
Up