Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 34
« First < 91011 121321 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
CigarGuy88 08:06 PM 07-01-2009
arg no update yet.....GOING CRAZY!!!!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:24 AM 07-02-2009
Updated Just Now & Works Great! Thanks, Ken!:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
sikk50 12:00 PM 07-02-2009
Got it! Now I gotta try to figure out what's missing since I was last able to edit it...3 bombs....personal smoking...friends....gotta get to work! Lol
[Reply]
troutbreath 01:10 PM 07-02-2009
Got my update. I'm ready to start playing!! Thanks, Ken.
[Reply]
troutbreath 10:55 AM 07-03-2009
This app is pretty sweet. I still have some onesy-twosy sticks to enter. And any Davidoffs -- they are not in the selector, for whatever reason.

Two things that were sobering: I have more smokes than I thought I did, and I have spent a lot more than I should have. I remembered most of my purchase dates (pretty closely, anyway), but consulted receipts in some cases.

Don't look at your receipts. Just get rid of them.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 11:15 AM 07-03-2009
Got the update brother :-)

Thank you very much!
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:35 PM 07-03-2009
Updated again. Thanks Ken! You Rock :-)
[Reply]
Azpostal 06:51 PM 07-03-2009
Great! Thanks for the update! Works even better now.
[Reply]
KenS 01:06 PM 07-06-2009
Hey folks, looking for a bit more input ... please see the poll posted in this thread, related to the next release of Mobile Stogie using iPhone OS 3.0 features... your input appreciated :-)
[Reply]
KenS 04:43 PM 07-08-2009
Ok, I've been updating the Mobile Stogie code, adding a few new features, and I'm (finally) ready to code up the "Smoking Notes" section. I don't want to get too elaborate with this, but want to capture the basics. Things that could be put into a 'pick list' would be best, to minimize typing.

My initial thoughts:

All the cigar info (including year, box code, etc) will come from the existing inventory data, so just need to add these fields:

Date
Drink paired with
Appearance
Draw
Burn
Ash
Flavors (how to best do this?)
Text notes (do I need to break this down into thirds?
Photo(s) ... (one is easy, more than one might get tricky)

Thoughts??
[Reply]
GWN 07:37 PM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
Ok, I've been updating the Mobile Stogie code, adding a few new features, and I'm (finally) ready to code up the "Smoking Notes" section. I don't want to get too elaborate with this, but want to capture the basics. Things that could be put into a 'pick list' would be best, to minimize typing.

My initial thoughts:

All the cigar info (including year, box code, etc) will come from the existing inventory data, so just need to add these fields:

Date
Drink paired with
Appearance
Draw
Burn
Ash
Flavors (how to best do this?)
Text notes (do I need to break this down into thirds?
Photo(s) ... (one is easy, more than one might get tricky)

Thoughts??
As for flavours, how about using the flavour wheel on SilverFox's cheap stick review sheets and the iphone's touch controls so you could just touch as many of the flavours that apply?
[Reply]
mkr160 09:25 AM 07-09-2009
Looks good Ken. Maybe a list of the more common flavors found in cigars. Looking forward to it.
[Reply]
longknocker 11:50 AM 07-09-2009
Originally Posted by mkr160:
Looks good Ken. Maybe a list of the more common flavors found in cigars. Looking forward to it.
:-) I agree! Thanks, Ken!:-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 02:22 PM 07-09-2009
I'm really enjoying this app, Ken! Thanks for putting it together.
[Reply]
Azpostal 07:15 PM 07-10-2009
Awesome app Ken!
[Reply]
KenS 05:42 AM 07-13-2009
FYI, last night I submitted the next version of Mobile Stogie to Apple. Now we wait (again) for the mysterious review process before they post the app. It is version 1.5.0, and yes it is a free update. Still haven't finished the smoking notes section, but there are some nice updates here that people have been asking for. NOTE: This is for iPhone OS 3.0 ONLY. Major changes include:

Here are a few new screenshots.

Main screen with updated reference cigar count (up to 2,335 cigars, from 1,842 previously):

New Humidor View showing 'All Humidors', and the new cigar count look:

New 'All My Cigars' view that can replace the Humidors view. This allows very quick access to your inventory, as you don't have to drill down to screens of category, brand, cigar, etc. Also can be sorted by brand or quantity. Just one big list:

And lastly, I added a ring gauge tool (because I could :-)). It is remarkably accurate! Just move the slider, and the image changes size. Set the (unlit !!) foot of the cigar on it, and figure out what ring gauge that mystery smoke is.

Look for the update in probably a week or two, after Apple reviews it!!
[Reply]
blooz4u 06:24 AM 07-13-2009
Looks great Ken! Can't wait for the update!
[Reply]
mkr160 01:30 PM 07-13-2009
Great job Ken, as allways. Looking forward to the update.
[Reply]
white_s2k 04:30 PM 07-13-2009
The ring gauge tool is a very cool idea! Thanks Ken!
[Reply]
troutbreath 08:55 PM 07-13-2009
Nice ring gauge tool! I held off on entering some of the NC Monte's I have just because I was going to have to manually enter them. Now, they go into the count!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 34
« First < 91011 121321 > Last »
Up