Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>The Wolfman
kickerb 11:30 AM 10-13-2011
haha, i never even saw a link. where was it at on the their website?
[Reply]
maninblack 11:31 AM 10-13-2011
i got an e-mail from them. are you signed up on their mailing list bryan?
[Reply]
kickerb 11:31 AM 10-13-2011
oh, that's why. hehe yeah Im not on the mailing list. i was just hitting the site. oh well.
[Reply]
kickerb 11:34 AM 10-13-2011
still waiting for a call back about a dress box. i hope to still get those. but who knows :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 11:35 AM 10-13-2011
good luck bryan!
[Reply]
Brutus2600 11:36 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by neoflex:
For NHC with the limiteds you need to be logged in with all your payment info and shipping details already entered into their system to stand a chance so you can click add to cart and than checkout. 2 minutes is amazingly quick though!
Yeah, this for sure. I had my shipping and billing addresses filled in, payment filled in, so all I had to do was add it to my cart, use the pre-populated fields for my shipping, billing, and CC info, and then ordered. The whole process took me about ~20 seconds.

Do this and then give it another go Saturday :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 11:36 AM 10-13-2011
will try brian. thanks!
[Reply]
kickerb 12:51 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by kickerb:
still waiting for a call back about a dress box. i hope to still get those. but who knows :-)
Originally Posted by maninblack:
good luck bryan!
Just got the call!! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 12:53 PM 10-13-2011
Rock on!
[Reply]
themoneycollector 01:06 PM 10-13-2011
IMO, the wolfman lighter is fugly (that's just my opinion though) and so was the face lighter set from last year. At least last year's set you got a lighter AND a cutter. This year's looks like some tribal mess and has nothing to do with wolfman.

Forcing you to buy a $350 lighter to buy a box was robbery and people will remember these things when shopping around in the future. Used car salesmen tactics would easily make me walk out the door. Next thing you know they'll be selling you extended warranties and satisfaction guarantees on any unsmoked, unopened product (LOL).

Sidenote, why did this year's release get called Wolfman instead of just 'Wolf' like all the other abbreviated names from previous years?
[Reply]
neoflex 01:10 PM 10-13-2011
To be honest I think in another week or two guys will have no problems tracking these down once the non-dress boxes land at all the other retailers. Keep in mind it's just the mostly just unlucky 13 who have received their allotments so far. My local only got theirs on Tuesday. I think NHC may have just gotten theirs early my guess is due to the volume he does for Pete. Just a guess on the last part. I think with a little patience they will start to surface a little more often and easier to grasp.
[Reply]
ktblunden 01:10 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by themoneycollector:
IMO, the wolfman lighter is fugly (that's just my opinion though) and so was the face lighter set from last year. At least last year's set you got a lighter AND a cutter. This year's looks like some tribal mess and has nothing to do with wolfman.
I have the Face set and the cutter is useless to the point where it lives in the box they came in. Dupont makes really nice lighters, but they can't make a cutter to save their lives.
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 01:11 PM 10-13-2011
The Wolfman set comes with an embossed leather lighter case in place of the cutter.

I prefer punches myself. I'm looking for a nice one right now in fact.
[Reply]
neoflex 01:12 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by themoneycollector:

Forcing you to buy a $350 lighter to buy a box was robbery and people will remember these things when shopping around in the future. Used car salesmen tactics would easily make me walk out the door. Next thing you know they'll be selling you extended warranties and satisfaction guarantees on any unsmoked, unopened product (LOL).

Sidenote, why did this year's release get called Wolfman instead of just 'Wolf' like all the other abbreviated names from previous years?
A money back guarantee, sign me up! My budget would get cut in half.:-)
They probably didn't abbreviate because when guys say wolf I know myself and others would probably think of things like this epic t-shirt.
Image :-):-):-)
[Reply]
ktblunden 01:13 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by neoflex:
To be honest I think in another week or two guys will have no problems tracking these down once the non-dress boxes land at all the other retailers. Keep in mind it's just the mostly just unlucky 13 who have received their allotments so far. My local only got theirs on Tuesday. I think NHC may have just gotten theirs early my guess is due to the volume he does for Pete. Just a guess on the last part. I think with a little patience they will start to surface a little more often and easier to grasp.
Yep, the vast majority of the plain boxes will hit stores the last week of the month. NHC is a special case and it's never good to rely on them for getting an LE. They're usually the only ones selling them online and everyone knows this. Any Tat or Viaje LE that hits NHC will be sold out in less than an hour (often less than 5 minutes).

Your best bet is still to call your closest Tat retailer and ask if they'll save one for you.
[Reply]
ktblunden 01:15 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
The Wolfman set comes with an embossed leather lighter case in place of the cutter.

I prefer punches myself. I'm looking for a nice one right now in fact.
Yeah, the Face set had a leather sleeve as well, it was under the tray in the box. Honestly, I like the look of the Wolfman lighter, but not at retail price.
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 01:18 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
Yeah, the Face set had a leather sleeve as well, it was under the tray in the box. Honestly, I like the look of the Wolfman lighter, but not at retail price.
Same here.... If I can get a moderate deal on one and I have the money I think i might pick one up.
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 01:20 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88:
Same here.... If I can get a moderate deal on one and I have the money I think i might pick one up.
Mine is available if you want it. Box is signed and everything. :-)
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 01:31 PM 10-13-2011
Cripes, you guys really want to spit out your coffee...

Check eBay for other limited edition DuPont lighters.

007 James Bond $1700

Cohiba (gold plated) $2600

Opux X $4700!!
[Reply]
ktblunden 01:33 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
Cripes, you guys really want to spit out your coffee...

Check eBay for other limited edition DuPont lighters.

007 James Bond $1700

Cohiba (gold plated) $2600

Opux X $4700!!
There isn't enough room in my skull for how hard I want to roll my eyes at that. Wow. For that much it needs to serve as my primary mode of transportation as well.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Up