Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 37
« First < 91011 121321 > Last »
Sports>Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010
ucubed 02:36 PM 09-25-2010
I retract my previous statement
[Reply]
ucubed 02:52 PM 09-25-2010
O.K. I rescind my statement about retracting my previous statement and reinstate the fact that Arkansas is making Alabama look foolish
[Reply]
icehog3 03:00 PM 09-25-2010
Hogs are giving the Tide all they can handle.
[Reply]
Powers 03:07 PM 09-25-2010
Indeed they are sir. Thought it'd be close but didn't see arkansas up by 10 at half, wow. Great came so far.
[Reply]
ucubed 03:07 PM 09-25-2010
If Mallett and McElroy can be intercepted like they are today, I'm liking our chances on defense
[Reply]
Powers 03:20 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by ucubed:
If Mallett and McElroy can be intercepted like they are today, I'm liking our chances on defense
true 'cept we gotta play Bama at home. but at least they don't look invincible lol
[Reply]
Rocketmann 03:32 PM 09-25-2010
I had a feeling about Bama's secondary. IF they can come out in the second half and stop the pass, Bama may still pull this one out, if not Bama is done. Not sure why Bama is not running the ball and trying so hard to win this one in the air? Bama needs to do what they do, RUN THE FOOTBALL to set up the pass, not the other way around.....
[Reply]
Powers 03:36 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by Rocketmann:
I had a feeling about Bama's secondary. IF they can come out in the second half and stop the pass, Bama may still pull this one out, if not Bama is done. Not sure why Bama is not running the ball and trying so hard to win this one in the air? Bama needs to do what they do, RUN THE FOOTBALL to set up the pass, not the other way around.....
I agree concerning Bama's lack of asserting the running game. But it ain't all Bama playing poorly, the Hogs are playin' dang good too.

I think this game will set the tone for the other 5 good SEC games today!
[Reply]
ucubed 04:50 PM 09-25-2010
Arkansas had the game, just some very poor judgement by Mallet
[Reply]
Pass 04:54 PM 09-25-2010
Mallett is hell bent to hand over this game... He just got his wish. WTF!!! 1:41 left and we just gift wrap the ball for Bama. We screwed ourselves. We had bama beat and decided to screw ourselves out of a major victory. Way to prove the damned pundits right, Arkansas....

....Drunk and pissed.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:55 PM 09-25-2010
Meh.
[Reply]
Pass 05:08 PM 09-25-2010
****. That's all I can say now... **** **** **** **** ****.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:12 PM 09-25-2010
Mallet wins the Interception Bowl. :-)
[Reply]
Rocketmann 05:14 PM 09-25-2010
Whew, That was to close, Arkansas was the one game I worried about this year. Mallet is just to good. Last pick not really his fault, just a heads up play by Bama's corner. On another note:

What happened to Texas?
How about the Cardinal? I love it, Can't stand Notre Dame.
Is U-Tee really so bad that UAB takes them to overtime?
[Reply]
ninjavanish 05:18 PM 09-25-2010
Never been much of a fan of a pass based offence like those of Petrino and others (ahem... Boise State)... When you pass... three things can happen... and two of them are bad. Clear evidence in this game. Mallet was a victim of immaturity and circumstance... Immaturity... yes... don't try to deny it... he's a QB who, despite the CBS announcers attempts to play up his maturity, has only encountered such a pressure situation as today's game... He's never faced the No. 1 team in the country... ever... and I don't care how "mature" the announcers say he is... the evidence on the field speaks for itself. He made bad decisions that were forced by pressure to score. It's easy to see interceptions coming when there is urgency to move the ball down the field in a hurry to increase/regain the lead... through the passing game.
[Reply]
Powers 05:20 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by Rocketmann:
What happened to Texas?
How about the Cardinal? I love it, Can't stand Notre Dame.
Is U-Tee really so bad that UAB takes them to overtime?
Yeah, Texas is not elite this year. At least we can take a year off from all that annoying "hook 'em horns" (sorry Greg:-))

I can't stand Notre Dame either bro! A has-been program that hasn't won since i can remember that still thinks they're entitled to everything

and for your last point, nothing sucks like a big orange :-)

Now its time for some Gator football baby!
[Reply]
ninjavanish 05:21 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:

Now its time for some Gator football baby!
Next week vs Alabama... get your tissues ready!

I shouldnt say that. But I'm still high on this comeback win. Regardless... it's gonna be another great SEC showdown just like today!
[Reply]
icehog3 05:23 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
Next week vs Alabama... get your tissues ready!
Why, are the Tide cheerleaders gonna be "extra" friendly? :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 05:39 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Boo hisssssss!! Poor loser! :-):-) (Tom knows I'm yanking his thing ....er....chain!)

I was so unsure of this game that I did not have a victory cigar picked out, or even in mind. I actually prefer it when Bama comes up thru the polls, not starts as # 1. Tends to give them the big head and is more often a disaster waiting to happen! I have to go back to Bear Bryant's football rule #1 as stated by Jeremy. You pass, three things can happen, and two of them are bad. Showed from both teams today. Especially lethal when the defense knows you have to pass!

I don't plan on picking out a victory cigar for Ala-Fla game either! just too close to call, too many good SEC teams that we have to play.

All that said, ROLL TIDE ROLL! Rama-Jamma, Yellowhamma, Give em hell Alabama...... WJBTHOOY:-)
[Reply]
Powers 05:41 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-) d*mn it tom, i nearly snorted beer outta my nose from laughing :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 37
« First < 91011 121321 > Last »
Up