Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>what's the WORST cigar you've smoked?
auburnfan1980 02:30 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Puros Indios green label. Not even sure what its called, but it was absolutely awful :-)
:-)
[Reply]
jsd 04:18 PM 11-16-2010
Camacho Triple Maduro, Casa Magna, Nub. Back in July I smoked my first and last of these brands. Too many good cigars out there to waste time and money on terrible cigars.
[Reply]
Devanmc 07:04 PM 11-16-2010
gurhka grand reserve
makers mark red wax glass tube thing.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:42 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by jsd:
Camacho Triple Maduro, Casa Magna, Nub. Back in July I smoked my first and last of these brands. Too many good cigars out there to waste time and money on terrible cigars.
Jes, pleeeease do me a favor: Take a Casa Magna Colorado Robusto and let it sit in a humi for a month and re-visit it. I say this because I was in Birmingham visiting one of the shops and the manager sat in the back with me and gave me the new #1 cigar of the year- this same one in question. We sat there and smoked and smoked as he raved about how much he loved it and I simply looked at him and told him I hated it. I was serious.

Now? I think it's a phenomenal cigar! You may still hate it, but I've noticed over time that I can never fall in love or hate a cigar after the first one....I need a cross-section of the same cigar over time and in a consistent environment to give a good judgement.

If you need another one to try, let me know and I'll be happy to offer one of mine! :-)
[Reply]
cmitch 08:07 PM 11-16-2010
It's a chase down between an Acid Blondie and the Bahia Bleu rot gut that my brother-in-law traumatized me with this spring.

And I agree that Casa Magnas are great sticks. I've not had a bad one yet.
[Reply]
jsd 10:09 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
Jes, pleeeease do me a favor: Take a Casa Magna Colorado Robusto and let it sit in a humi for a month and re-visit it. I say this because I was in Birmingham visiting one of the shops and the manager sat in the back with me and gave me the new #1 cigar of the year- this same one in question. We sat there and smoked and smoked as he raved about how much he loved it and I simply looked at him and told him I hated it. I was serious.

Now? I think it's a phenomenal cigar! You may still hate it, but I've noticed over time that I can never fall in love or hate a cigar after the first one....I need a cross-section of the same cigar over time and in a consistent environment to give a good judgement.

If you need another one to try, let me know and I'll be happy to offer one of mine! :-)
Ok, I'll pick up a Casa Magna soon and let it sit for a while. I'll try to remember to post on this thread when I smoke it. I probably shouldn't have been so quick to judge these. I have a few cigars that I really enjoy and when I have recommended them to friends they haven't enjoyed them as much as I do. Everybody's got their own taste preferences. But I will give the CM another shot.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:54 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by jsd:
Ok, I'll pick up a Casa Magna soon and let it sit for a while. I'll try to remember to post on this thread when I smoke it. I probably shouldn't have been so quick to judge these. I have a few cigars that I really enjoy and when I have recommended them to friends they haven't enjoyed them as much as I do. Everybody's got their own taste preferences. But I will give the CM another shot.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:55 AM 11-17-2010
whatever the hell the one and only gurkha was that i smoked a few years back. tasted like dry dirt. honestly don't know why i even smoked it, but i wanted to give the brand a fair shake. never again...
[Reply]
jkstewart1 08:57 AM 11-17-2010
Pirates Gold from CI. I keep trying what I have occasionally as a yard gar, but it doesn't get any better. Gives me a headache. I keep looking for someone who'll smoke anything to give them to.
[Reply]
aich75013 09:31 AM 11-17-2010
El Mejor Emerald.
Part of one of my first purchases from CI.
[Reply]
BloodSpite 09:58 AM 11-17-2010
Thompson Uniques.

I had ordered a box of Alec Bradley Harvest and they sent me a pack of the Thompson Uniques for free. Forget what exactly the deal was.

However without a doubt the worst things I ever had the misfortune to light.
[Reply]
KillerCelt 01:17 PM 11-17-2010
Alcazar #5. My friend and I went golfing on my birthday and he gave it to me to smoke (without the caution sticker that is the band). It is important to note that my friend is an ass.
[Reply]
Whynot 01:58 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
whatever the hell the one and only gurkha was that i smoked a few years back. tasted like dry dirt. honestly don't know why i even smoked it, but i wanted to give the brand a fair shake. never again...
One and only hardly seems like a fair shake. Hell they put out a new one every other day. I kid, I like some Gurkhas. Triple Ligeros are pretty damn good. My worst was La Cuna Habano Churchill. Got cheap on Cbid, would pay more to give them back.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 03:14 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by Whynot:
One and only hardly seems like a fair shake. Hell they put out a new one every other day. I kid, I like some Gurkhas. Triple Ligeros are pretty damn good. My worst was La Cuna Habano Churchill. Got cheap on Cbid, would pay more to give them back.

I'm convinced that the Gurkhas found at B&Ms are completely different than the ones whored out online at "83% off MSRP." If I remember correctly, the rep once indicated that it's almost as if Gurkha 'seconds' are what sells online, with their better stuff going to local retailers. I can honestly say that the Gurkhas I've tried from my B&M are FAR better than the ones I've purchased online. They're still overpriced, though.
[Reply]
StocktonJohn 09:17 PM 11-17-2010
Worst was a Puros Indios figurado. Tasted like hay and salt. Seriously. Just awful.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 09:38 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by StocktonJohn:
Worst was a Puros Indios figurado. Tasted like hay and salt. Seriously. Just awful.
Good call on the hay. :-)
[Reply]
Shemp Howard 09:38 PM 11-17-2010
My worst so far was some kind of ACID. I think they have one called Nasty, appropriate I'd say.
[Reply]
neoflex 10:04 PM 11-17-2010
Believe it or not but the worst cigar I have had in a while was the Tat Outlaw. First Tat that I didn't care for and it really shocked me. I fought putting it down but in the end she was put down before her time. Even the aroma from the smoke was unpleasant to me. It could have been a bunk stick as it was my first but I am in no hurry to try another.
[Reply]
CigarInspector 09:44 AM 11-19-2010
Guantamera Cristales are pretty bad... It's like smoking a thick brown cigarette with no flavor at all.
[Reply]
htown 09:48 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by CigarInspector:
Guantamera Cristales are pretty bad... It's like smoking a thick brown cigarette with no flavor at all.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Up