Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 108 of 129
« First < 85898106107108 109110118 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
shilala 09:39 AM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
my official weigh in yesterday sucked, i must have been retaining water, but today i was 315, the lowest i've been since i started, down 22 total in almost 3 months :-) Lowest i've been in a while. My initial short term goal was 310, so hoping to achieve that before Aug 9th which is the 4 year anniversary of quitting drugs, and if i do, i may celebrate with a small piece of cake! :-)
There's nothing wrong with those numbers at all, Myles. Actually they're great. Just keep doing what you're doing. I'm not sure how much food you're taking in a day, when I was on Atkins (lots of years ago) I overdid it a lot because I could. It just made me lose more weight. If I was to go back and do it over, I'd eat less. It never occurred to me that it'd let me burn more fat because my metabolism was a lot higher at that point. I was a good ten years younger then. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 10:38 AM 07-19-2011
hahaha, same here, last time i did it i pigged out and lost weight really fast. I don't want to lose it so fast tho! I just want to lose consistently
[Reply]
shilala 10:50 AM 07-19-2011
hahaha, same here, last time i did it i pigged out and lost weight really fast. I don't want to lose it so fast tho! I just want to lose consistently
I think if you're making habit of very reasonable portions and learning to eat like skinny people, that's the biggie. It's something I never learned from Atkins, and why I gained all the weight back almost immediately. The diet bored me, and left me longing to eat stuff I wasn't allowed to, and that sent my addictive nature into overdrive.
Comparing that against what I'm doing now, which is loosely watching calories, and just creating good eating habits while not denying myself anything, I just feel like that's a more healthy and "normal" approach. Simple, too. Just don't eat too much, rather than throwing myself in food jail.
The diet for my neural stuff just makes me watch my potassium intake, which isn't all that hard and it's not very restrictive. Plus I have to make sure I get plenty of carbs. Why carbs, I have no clue. It's just what it is.
I just want to get "normalized and mainstreamed" and not have weight loss/control hanging over my head forever, ya know?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:52 AM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by lilcgrsmkr:
hi! my body feels like a roller coaster in weight: up and down..for years. I have lost weight around 25+ lbs. but i am still heavy for my size. i cut my food and i have been busy so no time to sit and watch tv and veg. as much. but all it takes is a couple months on the couch im back to the same weight. does anyone recommend a certain type of elliptical machine or treadmill? thanks:-)
How about just a simple pair of shoes? I find walking around my neighborhood makes it much easier to stick with it than on a treadmill. Plus it's a lot cheaper.

If you're heart is set on a treadmill or elliptical, check out your local craigslist. I"m sure you can find deals on there. Don't know of any brands to recommend though. Good luck with the weight loss.
[Reply]
goalie204 11:40 AM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
and learning to eat like skinny people
i read that as "learning to eat skinny people" - i was like wtf !!!

I just want to get "normalized and mainstreamed" and not have weight loss/control hanging over my head forever, ya know?
yep, and im planning on eating like this forever, not just for now temporarily.
[Reply]
shilala 12:11 PM 07-19-2011
i read that as "learning to eat skinny people" - i was like wtf !!!
yep, and im planning on eating like this forever, not just for now temporarily.
If I had to eat like you're doing it, I'd probably eat skinny people, too. :-)
Hang tough, my brother. You're kicking ass!!! :-)
[Reply]
forgop 12:38 PM 07-19-2011
I think I've decided I'm gonna switch plans from Atkins to Weight Watchers. Atkins is nice, but I just have far too much stuff outside of my limits in a house with a wife and 3 children. It'd be nice to enjoy a bowl of cereal or whatever else to hearts content as long as I stay within my points, particularly when you can eats lots of fruits/veggies that don't count against your point total at all.

In honor of my transition, I have baby backs on the smoker now and I'm gonna sauce them up. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:49 PM 07-19-2011
lost 6½ lbs in 3 days due to food poisening, i'm at 242lbs now. What a difference with two years ago, when I was approx 396lbs
[Reply]
forgop 02:31 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
lost 6½ lbs in 3 days due to food poisening, i'm at 242lbs now. What a difference with two years ago, when I was approx 396lbs
:-)

Perhaps I've missed it mentioned elsewhere, did you do it all on your own or did you have some sort of gastric bypass done? Congrats.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:48 PM 07-19-2011
That's awesome Ferdie.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:00 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
:-)

Perhaps I've missed it mentioned elsewhere, did you do it all on your own or did you have some sort of gastric bypass done? Congrats.
duo-denal switch
[Reply]
shilala 09:02 AM 07-20-2011
195 today. Or was it 197? Not sure. I'll pay more attention next time.
How you guys doing? Any news on the homefront?
[Reply]
goalie204 09:50 AM 07-20-2011
down another .7 on another day that i wasn't supposed to weigh myself!
[Reply]
lilcgrsmkr 10:04 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
How about just a simple pair of shoes? I find walking around. my neighborhood makes it much easier to stick with it than on a treadmill. Plus it's a lot cheaper.

If you're heart is set on a treadmill or elliptical, check out your local craigslist. I"m sure you can find deals on there. Don't know of any brands to recommend though. Good luck with the weight loss.
i am constantly walking around campus and that's one of the ways i lost the weight, but i am also a member to a gym and i have to cut corners so i thought i would get a treadmill or elliptical. okay.. thanks:-)
[Reply]
lilcgrsmkr 10:05 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
oh no! that's not a good way to lose weight.. hope you feel better:-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:39 AM 07-20-2011
i am constantly walking around campus and that's one of the ways i lost the weight, but i am also a member to a gym and i have to cut corners so i thought i would get a treadmill or elliptical. okay.. thanks:-)
That's cool. Sorry can't help you more on brands to look for.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:40 AM 07-20-2011
195 today. Or was it 197? Not sure. I'll pay more attention next time.
How you guys doing? Any news on the homefront?
Unofficial weigh-in today was 217.6. The new routine is starting to pay dividends, plus I've still been walking occassionally in addition to the workout. Let's see what Saturday morning brings though. I've had this mid-week dips before.
[Reply]
lilcgrsmkr 11:50 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Unofficial weigh-in today was 217.6. The new routine is starting to pay dividends, plus I've still been walking occassionally in addition to the workout. Let's see what Saturday morning brings though. I've had this mid-week dips before.
what workout? what is starscream? did i miss a entry in this forum explaining what it is..?:-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:54 PM 07-20-2011
what workout? what is starscream? did i miss a entry in this forum explaining what it is..?:-)
Starscream is a CA inmate, just like you and I. He started the thread about his weight loss goals. Others like myself have glombed onto it.

I"m doing the Power90 program. It was the predecessor to the P90X program. It's a bit easier to do which is perfect for me since I was primarily a couch potato.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 01:55 PM 07-20-2011
A poached egg, tomato slices and a piece of multi-grain toast. A great way to start the day!
[Reply]
Page 108 of 129
« First < 85898106107108 109110118 > Last »
Up