Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 107 of 351
« First < 75797105106107 108109117157207 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
GHC_Hambone 07:22 PM 03-26-2010
Picked up a twelver of Fat Tire today on sale. Yessssssssss
Skywalker 11:04 PM 03-26-2010
I stopped by Sierra Nevada Brewery tonight and sampled three new beers:

Hellraiser: Chocolate Chili Imperial Stout
Mersey Cream Stout
Rhymes Wit

That Hellraiser was hella good!!!
:-)
ODLS1 02:17 PM 03-27-2010
Had a Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura and a Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Stout the other night. Both were very good. Drinking a Hofbrau Maibock right now.
willbreathes 02:51 PM 03-27-2010
Went a bit crazy with the 22's this afternoon. There was just too much selection!

Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale
Southern Tier Oak-Aged Unearthly IPA
Southern Tier Gemini (50% Hoppe, 50% Unearthly, unfiltered)
Lagunitas Hop Stoopid
Rogue Double Dead Guy

Looking forward to one or two of these, and one or two cigars tonight. Now... when do I get off work??
Resipsa 05:23 PM 03-27-2010
Last night was some DFH 90 minute on tap.....mmmmm.

Today I had a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.......mmmmmmmm

Today was also my first Founders KBS........mmmmmmmmmmm

I can understand the hype about the KBS.

To steal and paraphrase from Travolta in Pulp Fiction:

Goddamn! That's a pretty ****in' good milk shake. I don't know if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty ****in' good.
BlackDog 05:47 PM 03-27-2010
Drinking a Summit India-style Rye Ale now. Not sure yet what comes next.
smokeyandthebandit05 06:36 PM 03-27-2010
Tonight is some Rogue Mom Hefeweizen
willbreathes 07:15 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Today was also my first Founders KBS........mmmmmmmmmmm

I can understand the hype about the KBS.

Goddamn! That's a pretty ****in' good milk shake. I don't know if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty ****in' good.
This is the Breakfast Stout I think you are mentioning? I can't figure out the K :-)

If so... One of my favorites!!
awsmith4 07:48 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by willbreathes:
This is the Breakfast Stout I think you are mentioning? I can't figure out the K :-)

If so... One of my favorites!!
Its the Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout, a bit different than the regular Breakfast Stout. I believe its a completely different recipe and it is also aged in bourbon barrels.

http://www.foundersbrewing.com/found...d=70&Itemid=66

Today I enjoyed Sweetwater IPA then Terrapin Hopsecutioner, both were very tasty

:-)
Jbailey 08:12 PM 03-27-2010

My thought too Vic. :-)
junkinduck 08:39 PM 03-27-2010
Tonight it is warm enough to sit on the porch with a Rolling Rock.
awsmith4 09:32 AM 03-28-2010
Finished my evening with an Oskar Blues Ten-Fidy which I thought was outstanding!
newcigarz 10:38 AM 03-28-2010
The Bruery - Saison De Lente

Resipsa 12:37 PM 03-28-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
The Bruery - Saison De Lente

love me some Saisons, :-)
Resipsa 12:41 PM 03-28-2010
Tetleys.

Got to get back in shape for the summer beers. This is one of my all time favorites, lighter body but flavorful, and with a low abv it's a great session beer. Excellent drinkability.

I'm always looking for something session worthy for the summer beaches, so if anyone can turn me on to one of their favorites that's big on flavor, medum light on body and low in alcohol like Tetleys i'm all ears:-)
newcigarz 04:46 PM 03-28-2010
love me some Saisons, :-)
This is a really good one Vic, get it if you can.
BlackDog 06:04 PM 03-28-2010
I recently came to the realization that there are several easily acquired "BA Top 100" beers that I have not tried. La Fin du Monde, Rochefort 8 and 10, Fantome Saison, Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock, etc. So over the several few weeks I hope to try each of them and post reviews.

Today I had my first Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier, and was suprised at how well I liked this. I do not typically care a great deal for hefes, but this was as nice a beer as anyone could ask for. I can see myself drinking plenty of these in the summer.

Here is my reviiew of Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier. I gave it an "A".

Originally Posted by :
Poured from a 16.9 oz bottle into a stange glass.

Appearance- Pours a hazy orange/tan, with a huge white head. Like a lemon merange pie.

Smell- Mostly ripe banana, but also some clove, pepper and biscuit. The initial aroma of ripe banana is terrific.

Taste- Sweet banana, but not cloyingly so. The citrus notes come through the sweetness and offset it nicely. Notes of clove and pepper. Overall this really comes together in a well balanced manner, each flavor component complements the others. This is not a "hop forward" or a "malt forward" beer, but rather a very well balanced beer.

Mouthfeel- Crisp, well carbonated, smooth, light mouthfeel, easy drinking.

Drinkability- I am really enjoying this beer. There are other styles I prefer to hefeweizen, but if I want to drink a wheat beer, this is the one I would choose. Well balanced, refreshing, easy drinking; this is the perfect summertime beer.
Skywalker 07:25 PM 03-28-2010
Sierra Nevada Mersey Cream Stout!!!

NCRadioMan 07:53 PM 03-28-2010
Old Rasputin
pnoon 07:55 PM 03-28-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Old Rasputin
mmmmmm :-)

Page 107 of 351
« First < 75797105106107 108109117157207 > Last »
Up