Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 107 of 138
« First < 75797105106107 108109117 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
Bruins Fan 03:18 PM 05-20-2011
I hope they kick the crap out of each other :-):-)
Ahbroody 04:29 PM 05-20-2011
Well just read some articles and Mclellan wants more Eager. He wants more physical out of everyone. He implied if they go down they will take their pound of flesh this time. Sounds like the Canucks should hide the Gingers in game 4 if the Sharks lose tonight. It appears there is enough hatred that if tjey dont beat them they will soften then up for the winner of the East.

I will take payment in form of cigars if Eager gets one of the Gingers or Bieksa who apparently turned down fight offers from more then just Eager.
mithrilG60 04:38 PM 05-20-2011
The Sedin's aren't going to fight anyone, no need. Besides they're not called the Sisters for nothing. As for Eager and Bieska? Meh, if it happen Bieska will eat him. Say want you want about Bieska but Eager was the one refusing left right and centre last year. Hell he wouldn't even drop the gloves with Rick Rypien who he outweighs by a good 50lbs and has several inches on.

The Canucks gave also adjusted their lines in anticipation of the Shark's giving up on the season and turning into the goon squad. They're not exactly a small team either. Not particularly worried about the Sharks. Bigger question for me is do we get Boston or Tampa in the finals :-)
Ahbroody 06:00 PM 05-20-2011
Geoff my post was directed to John. I honestly had promised myself I would ignore your posts to me because I just find them to be random and lacking. I never implied the Sedins would fight and I have no clue how you implied that from my post.

Since you baited the hook on Bieksa and Eager I think this might be why hes scared to fight him. Now this goes back more then a whole year so you may have forgot or blocked out this fight. I know Tom loves this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zrm...e_gdata_player

I think I have been respectful of the Canucks skill and abilities since preseason where I think I picked them here. I also picked them to win the series here.

That said is it the water? From booing the world jr team (kids) during the anthem, players that pull hair in a fight, chanting Yankees suck in the kings series last year, green guys in skin tight spandex body suits, chicks pulling up their tops to get on tv. Every year its something. Is this the post you want from me?
Ahbroody 06:06 PM 05-20-2011
Purehockey.com is having a 15% off sale code PH-NEWSITE

and total hockey is having a sale on sherwood sticks if anyone needs anything
Bruins Fan 06:24 PM 05-20-2011
So why all the hatred between the Sharks and Canucks?
Is this something that is starting to evolve or has it been going on while?
I don't follow the west,we only played the Sharks and Canucks one game this year.
I'm going to watch this one with the anticipation of some heavy hitting :-)
Ahbroody 06:58 PM 05-20-2011
Eager is a scratch for tonight just announced.
So looks like McClellan was blowing air for the past two days. :-). I thought he wouldnt play and looks like I was right. Given who Vigneaut put in his lineup this could be a great move or a catastrophy as Canucks may really come out and bang hard.

Nice try John im not biting. Maybe Tom will jump in on that.

Listening in the patrol car at work. :-)
icehog3 07:43 PM 05-20-2011
I don't know about the Sharks, but I know I hate the Canucks. A lot.

Mucho, amigo.
mithrilG60 07:45 PM 05-20-2011
Honestly I'm not looking for anything from you or anyone else. My initial post was specific response to the fact that the Sharks players were *****ing to the media about the Cancuks diving and the ref's basically favoring them. In the light of that the 2 min to Eager was an absolute gift and as a result any further whining would be even more of a joke than anything else. Period, that's it.

I'm not defending into a dicusson about nationality or national teams because that's not going to get anyone anywhere. There are enough slights on both sides that no one will be happy.

And if you think Eager won that fight we're obviously seeing a different clip. I saw a lot desperation wrestling on Eager's part and no control.

Good to see the Sharks are a completely different team so far tonight, should make the series a lot more exciting.
Ahbroody 08:07 PM 05-20-2011
Said it before you keep going to the Eager hit where Sedin turned into the board as Eager was already coming. Funny the league has been trying to teach players not to do that. Again he got 2.

I forgot to mention Settos highstick which cutt him also which should have been another 4. So thats 8 min of missed PP. The Sharks are 5 for 6 on the PP. If you cant see why they were frustrated and gooned it up same as your team did in a game against the blackhawks in the first round then your foolish. The facts are with those 8 min of PP the score changes the Sharks dont get frustrated and melt down and maybe win game 2.

Again your narrow view of a single hit where Sedin stupidly turned into the boards with Eager coming at him shows a lot. To further shrug off 8 missing minutes of PP timw to a team thats now 5 for 6 shows me all I need to know.
mithrilG60 08:33 PM 05-20-2011
As I said before, there's a BIG difference between the missed calls that have favored BOTH teams and a deliberate attempt to injure by a 4th line goon on a star player that will most likely be this years Hart winner. That's doubley true given that the hit was grossly under penalized. Sorry if that's a bit to hard to understand it is what it is.
Ahbroody 08:51 PM 05-20-2011
Nope players stupidly turning into the boards with a large player coming at them is not hard for me to understand and it wasnt hard for the league to see either. 20 years ago nobody would do that because yhey knew what would happen.

I am now done breaking my promise to myself.
mithrilG60 08:58 PM 05-20-2011
:-) glad to hear your promise is back in place, this is going nowhere close to reality so there's really no point.
rebelknight 09:49 PM 05-20-2011
Glad the Sharks decided to make it a series. Still need to clean up their 3rd period but it looked improved from their 3rd periods in Games 1 and 2
Ahbroody 10:12 PM 05-20-2011
RyJ Belicoso.
Game three is pivotal as they say and the Sharks took it. The basically 2 minutes of 5 on 3 was the game. Didnt see Mcginns hit will have to watch the replay. With Rome likely out for game 4 and Eirhoff with a huge target on his shoulder if and when he plays again. I expect the Sharks to really go after him. Vancouver may be in D trouble if they do advance. Especially given that the Sharks have implied they will take as much out of Vancouver as they can. Would love the Sharks to take game 4. The longer this goes it appears it will not stop being extremely hard hitting.

I know Tom is happy right now

Alain just complained about the officiating. :-). He has also said may not see Eirhoff or Rome.

The hate is officially on and in a major way. May be good for the Sharks if they can control it enough.
icehog3 12:01 AM 05-21-2011

Ahbroody 01:03 AM 05-21-2011
I saw that Tom. Copying something so --- is horrid.
That is just inexcusable and I must accept the ridicule that San Jose deserves for letting them in the building. Thats a double face palm for sure.

Have to check but heard Jumbo is the current playoff points leader. Guess that trade wasnt so bad. Setto needs to get hott as well as Pavs for them to have a chance I think.
icehog3 01:08 AM 05-21-2011
I loved every penalty against the Caschmucks, Mike. :-) :-)
icehog3 01:09 AM 05-21-2011
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
Bigger question for me is do we get Boston or Tampa in the finals :-)
Gotta win 4, Geoff. :-)
ahc4353 07:01 AM 05-21-2011
We didn't get the calls!!!

The refs suck!!

:-)

Some days you get them some days you don't. It's the way it is and will be.

I don't get arguing calls and non-calls. But it does make for some fun reading.

Carry on boys!
Page 107 of 138
« First < 75797105106107 108109117 > Last »
Up