Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 106 of 352
« First < 65696104105106 107108116156206 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
Tikihut27 12:58 PM 04-04-2011
Here it is next to a Mauser 1914 for comparison.

elderboy02 01:25 PM 04-04-2011
Nice grips Andrew!
Ender 05:47 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Nice grips Andrew!
I was wondering how long it was going to take you to make a comment. I figured you'd it was taking so long because you were going to show up at my door.
Aero95 05:55 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Ender:
Here's my new grips from Esmeralda. I was very pleased that there is a noticeable variance from the other ones I saw here.
[IMG]Image[/IMG]
Very cool grips :-) Ive been throwing around some ideas on making some for my Les Bear. Either Ebony/Ivory or a Burl of some sort. Though the Punisher grips from Wicked gun grips looks sweet also.
HK3- 06:39 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Tikihut27:
My new carry piece. jk

c1991 IMI Desert Eagle MK VII in .44 magnum.

I have absolutely no logical reason for owning this.
Had two of these years ago in .44 cal. Sold them both because they weren't very practical. Heavy and bulky but fun as he!! to shoot. :-) Saw one a couple weeks ago for sale that had a barrel that was twice as long on it. Ever seen those ones?
gettysburgfreak 08:16 PM 04-04-2011
My co worker was walking the US/Canadian border the other day and came across a 1917 luger with holster and magazines. The gun I guess is pretty rusted but he said the trigger is smooth and the slide works. If he gets it back after all the red tape bs Ill try and get a pic of it.
Tikihut27 09:42 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Had two of these years ago in .44 cal. Sold them both because they weren't very practical. Heavy and bulky but fun as he!! to shoot. :-) Saw one a couple weeks ago for sale that had a barrel that was twice as long on it. Ever seen those ones?
Sure. Seems to be fairly common for the newer ones (MK XIX) to come with multiple barrels. It's easy to swap them out. You could get barrels up to 14" for the MK VII.

As I say, I have ZERO practical need for this guy. It weighs 4.2 lbs. An M4 carbine weighs 6.3 lbs!

But I like firearms designs- and this is a really neat one. It's like a combination of a .44, an AK-47, and an M16.
HK3- 10:49 AM 04-06-2011
Sure. Seems to be fairly common for the newer ones (MK XIX) to come with multiple barrels. It's easy to swap them out. You could get barrels up to 14" for the MK VII.

As I say, I have ZERO practical need for this guy. It weighs 4.2 lbs. An M4 carbine weighs 6.3 lbs!

But I like firearms designs- and this is a really neat one. It's like a combination of a .44, an AK-47, and an M16.
And don't forget to add sledge hammer. :-)
replicant_argent 10:52 AM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by HK3-:
And don't forget to add sledge hammer. :-)
Especially if you checker the bottom of the magazine like a 22 oz. framing hammer. :-)
druturn 01:25 PM 04-06-2011
Alright guys, I need some more advice. I have officially decided to carry a 1911 and now the question comes down to which one. I was stuck on a RIA Tactical 1911 forever until I went in to the gun store yesterday and was shown a Metro Arms 1911 Commander. I loved every part of this gun(including the low price tag :-) ). Anyone have any experience with this gun?
Aero95 02:17 PM 04-06-2011
I'm a little late but here are my babies. And this was on my phone so the quality is blah. In the 1st photo is my Ruger 44mag and my Ruger .22

The next photo is my Custom Les Bear 1911 and H&K USP 40

Ill get pictures of my Benelli nova and SX2 shotgun with my various other rifles when my wife gets home from her vacation with the camera.
Ratters 08:25 PM 04-06-2011
My new carry piece. jk

c1991 IMI Desert Eagle MK VII in .44 magnum.

I have absolutely no logical reason for owning this.
I had that exact same pistol. Sold it when buying my house, because I could find no logical use for it. Really wish I hadn't. Hold on to that thing.
druturn 08:56 PM 04-06-2011
Also, any clue on if the government shut down occurs that it will delay CHL applications? I am not turning this into anything political, I am just wondering if it occurs if it will delay the process of CHL applications.
357 12:35 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by druturn:
Also, any clue on if the government shut down occurs that it will delay CHL applications? I am not turning this into anything political, I am just wondering if it occurs if it will delay the process of CHL applications.
No it shouldn't. The only federal resource used might be an FBI felony check. Most concealed carry permits use state police records, although it wouldn't surprise me if they did an FBI check as well. As far as I know that stuff is all electronic, so unless they're shutting down servers to save electricity I doubt it will affect the processing time.
safariguy 03:55 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
No it shouldn't. The only federal resource used might be an FBI felony check. Most concealed carry permits use state police records, although it wouldn't surprise me if they did an FBI check as well. As far as I know that stuff is all electronic, so unless they're shutting down servers to save electricity I doubt it will affect the processing time.
I respectfully disagree, Mike. Although I admit that this is TOTAL speculation on my part: I bet that they do shut down the NICs check because there are actualy human beings that the firearms dealer talks to and those lines are open 24/7, as far as I know. I can not believe that the Feds would consider that an essential government service and keep them open. My best friend is a pilot who works for US Dept Interior fighting forest fires. He's been given notice of layoff in the event of a shut down. If he's not essential, how can the background check people be????? :-)
357 07:36 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by safariguy:
I respectfully disagree, Mike. Although I admit that this is TOTAL speculation on my part: I bet that they do shut down the NICs check because there are actualy human beings that the firearms dealer talks to and those lines are open 24/7, as far as I know. I can not believe that the Feds would consider that an essential government service and keep them open. My best friend is a pilot who works for US Dept Interior fighting forest fires. He's been given notice of layoff in the event of a shut down. If he's not essential, how can the background check people be????? :-)
Good point. From what I've heard this shutdown is only for certain areas. I've read that about 2/3 of the actual annual budget is automatic, which is supposed to cover most of the bare essentials. I've also heard that the media is sensationalizing a lot of this because "end of the world as we know it" is a better headline story. Who knows the reality of it? No doubt there will be impact in certain areas, just wish we knew exactly which ones.
BloodSpite 07:39 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
Good point. From what I've heard this shutdown is only for certain areas. I've read that about 2/3 of the actual annual budget is automatic, which is supposed to cover most of the bare essentials. I've also heard that the media is sensationalizing a lot of this because "end of the world as we know it" is a better headline story. Who knows the reality of it? No doubt there will be impact in certain areas, just wish we knew exactly which ones.
Que REM
MiamiE 11:31 AM 04-09-2011
Anyone have some nice AK builds? I have a few Romy kits around and I am thinking about finally getting them built! Need some ideas.
Tikihut27 02:21 AM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Anyone have some nice AK builds? I have a few Romy kits around and I am thinking about finally getting them built! Need some ideas.
Since you ask. I've done about ten builds so far.

Here's an Egyptian build I did. Just finished a Romy last week, no pics yet...

NY ban compliant, pre-ban mag, 922r compliant (USA Bbl, Receiver, Brake, FCG).
safariguy 05:37 AM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by Ender:
Here's my new grips from Esmeralda. I was very pleased that there is a noticeable variance from the other ones I saw here.
[IMG]Image[/IMG]
After this past weekend, I can personally verify that this pistol and this lighter both work flawlessly! Thanks, Andrew. :-)
Page 106 of 352
« First < 65696104105106 107108116156206 > Last »
Up