Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 106 of 129
« First < 65696104105106 107108116 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
shilala 09:25 AM 07-14-2011
I was 195.6 today, I think. Once again, I haven't pooped in what feels like a month. I think I'm gonna call the Roto-Rooter guy today.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:30 AM 07-14-2011
If you go 5-10 lbs below your goal, that will give you some leeway and allow your body to adjust to your new "normal" non-diet eating habits.
[Reply]
shilala 09:35 AM 07-14-2011
I've been worried that I'm gonna play hell trying to keep weight on once I hit my goal, which I don't have. I always thought 185, but we'll have to reassess when I get there. Whatever the doctor says, I suppose.
[Reply]
goalie204 10:37 AM 07-14-2011
i've been stuck around hte same weight for longer than im happy,t hats why i was thinking about this "cheating to kickstart weightloss" again stuff we talked about
[Reply]
shilala 12:06 PM 07-14-2011
I've stalled for no apparent reason before, Myles. Maybe you're not noticing how much more you're doing and you're swapping out fat for muscle? That's the last thing that stalled me. Maybe keep doing what you're doing and wait it out, since you already know it works.
If anything, cheat the other direction and take in less calories and see if it gets you bump-started again. You may have just changed your whole metabolism and your body doesn't know which way is up?
It's probably wondering who the hell you are and what they ddid with Myles. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:09 PM 07-14-2011
We'll see what the scale says Saturday for the official weigh-in but I think I"m hitting a plateau right now. I know I'm losing fat and putting on muscle. I can see it in the mirror. I'm good with that just as long as I eventually go down.
[Reply]
goalie204 01:54 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
I've stalled for no apparent reason before, Myles. Maybe you're not noticing how much more you're doing and you're swapping out fat for muscle? That's the last thing that stalled me. Maybe keep doing what you're doing and wait it out, since you already know it works.
If anything, cheat the other direction and take in less calories and see if it gets you bump-started again. You may have just changed your whole metabolism and your body doesn't know which way is up?
It's probably wondering who the hell you are and what they ddid with Myles. :-)
LOL! I ilke this idea "cheat the other way" - I have been trying this actually, ive been trying higher calorie one day, lower the next - to no avail. This stall is the longest ive had, over 2 weeks now, very unusual for a low carber. I definitely haven't been replacing fat with muscle (unless one can get muscle without doing any exercising) - so i'm going to start trying pushups, squats and crunches every morning to see if that does any good!
[Reply]
hotreds 02:12 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
We'll see what the scale says Saturday for the official weigh-in but I think I"m hitting a plateau right now. I know I'm losing fat and putting on muscle. I can see it in the mirror. I'm good with that just as long as I eventually go down.
That's another reason to also use "the tale of the tape" to see if you're dropping fat. Esp. around the waist.

My weigh-in is maņana, might not be pretty as I caved and have eaten too many butter toffee peanuts this week!
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:26 PM 07-14-2011
Got some new shorts today.... 35's and 36's. 42 - 3 months ago. 38 just a couple weeks ago. I agree with the inches thing. When the weight plateaus focus on the inches to keep motivation.
[Reply]
guado 02:56 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Got some new shorts today.... 35's and 36's. 42 - 3 months ago. 38 just a couple weeks ago. I agree with the inches thing. When the weight plateaus focus on the inches to keep motivation.
I finally caved 3 days ago and bought a new pair of jeans. Size 38. I have been avoiding it becuase I just bought all new jeans and shorts about 2 months ago(I DONT shop often). Finally I decided enough was enough when I ran out of belt loops and my pants were on the verge of falling off my ass if I wasnt wearing my gun.

The shorts are annoying too...I found another belt that works but I have to slide the lack in the shorts to the side so its not all bunched up under the belt...I guess I will have to go shopping...AGAIN.

Today I weighed in at 208.4

I think I will buy like two pairs of shorts and one more pair of jeans and see if I drop anymore. I am quite wide framed so I have always worn about 4 sizes larger than what people thought. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 03:07 PM 07-14-2011
my mom invited me over for dinner and said she brought fresh figs - THERE WILL BE SOME "CHEATING" :-)
[Reply]
forgop 04:06 PM 07-14-2011
I'm a bit bummed cuz I did a mid-week check and I was at the same weight under the Atkins induction. It seems like I should be losing more weight rather than holding. I don't feel like I'm eating too much in volume and I'm drinking a ton of water every day. Figure if I don't see some results on Saturday I'll be changing things up and maybe going back to WW. Pee on this.
[Reply]
goalie204 07:32 PM 07-14-2011
nah don't give up.
[Reply]
guado 08:17 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
I'm a bit bummed cuz I did a mid-week check and I was at the same weight under the Atkins induction. It seems like I should be losing more weight rather than holding. I don't feel like I'm eating too much in volume and I'm drinking a ton of water every day. Figure if I don't see some results on Saturday I'll be changing things up and maybe going back to WW. Pee on this.
I'm scared of finding my plateau. Right now I am not dropping much but I am also nursing an injured foot and have not been able to go to the gym. Hopefully that will change. I will have to work off some major poundage increase from IPCPR parties.....eeek!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:41 PM 07-14-2011
Tried the Fat Burning routine in the Power 90 program today. Holy crap that was tough, but well worth it. Lot of leg work which is good cause that's where I carried most of my weight.

Somewhere in my house is the tape measure that came with the program. I've looked everywhere but can't find it so I can actually take some measurements. I'm not worried though as my pants are rather loose around the waist. Like a few of you have already found out, I just bought these about a month ago. Now they look too big. Might be time to go buy more.
[Reply]
forgop 04:34 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by guado:
I'm scared of finding my plateau. Right now I am not dropping much but I am also nursing an injured foot and have not been able to go to the gym. Hopefully that will change. I will have to work off some major poundage increase from IPCPR parties.....eeek!
No way I can hit a plateau yet. I did great the first week and went up a tiny bit week 2 (although I must admit the blueberry ice cream cone breakdown did me in the night before weigh in). I started induction all over again.

Just feeling like if I can't see good results doing atkins in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll just go back to WW.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:18 AM 07-15-2011
I've been on a plateau for several weeks and i haven't given up, so i don't know why you're giving up after only a few weeks. I stalled after 1 week, then started again - start-stop-start-stop. I don't know why you say "no way i can hit a plateau yet" - everyone is different, some people hit one sooner, some people later - the difference is those who stick to it always get over it. Also you can google "atkins plateau breakers" and find all kinds of methods people use to overcome them.
[Reply]
forgop 05:37 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
I've been on a plateau for several weeks and i haven't given up, so i don't know why you're giving up after only a few weeks. I stalled after 1 week, then started again - start-stop-start-stop. I don't know why you say "no way i can hit a plateau yet" - everyone is different, some people hit one sooner, some people later - the difference is those who stick to it always get over it. Also you can google "atkins plateau breakers" and find all kinds of methods people use to overcome them.
I shouldn't be hitting a plateau while on induction on weeks 2&3. It's one thing if I had been on longer and lost half of the 60 lbs I want to lose, but I'm just not going to keep wasting my time eliminating all of the carbs and make no progress doing it.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:12 AM 07-15-2011
Stalled for a couple of days, but headed back down as of this morning: 245.8.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
goalie204 07:00 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
I shouldn't be hitting a plateau while on induction on weeks 2&3. It's one thing if I had been on longer and lost half of the 60 lbs I want to lose, but I'm just not going to keep wasting my time eliminating all of the carbs and make no progress doing it.
Plenty of people stall on weeks 2 and 3, and i've read at least a dozen cases of it happening. You refer to it as "wasting" your "time" - you've already got a defeatist attitude, and the hardest part about this is the mental, so whatever, nothing i can say.

p.s. - have you bothered taking measurements? Sometimes inches come off and lbs don't. Dr atkins didn't even consider it a plateau unless it was over 4 consecutive weeks.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 129
« First < 65696104105106 107108116 > Last »
Up