Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 104 of 138
« First < 45494102103104 105106114 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
Ahbroody 08:02 PM 05-17-2011
Holy crap get back from the rink its 2-2 I think. We eat dinner and its 6-3. The Bs just opened up the whoop ass.
Bruins Fan 09:08 PM 05-17-2011
Great game..Seguin was the spark plug and Thomas keep them in it,despite giving up a couple bad goals.
Chara cost us two goals one on a penalty and another on a bad turn over.
B's stopped playing in the third, with a lot of breakdowns you can't do that Tampa is way to talented.
icehog3 12:51 AM 05-18-2011
Happy for Seguin, looks like he is playoff ready.

Tampa Bay was all over the Bruins in the 3rd, though for sure they would tie it up. Looking forward to the games in FLA.
Ahbroody 01:19 AM 05-18-2011
Yeah I thought Tampa actually could have still won that game. They had so many good chances in the third that almost scored. Tampa really had one bad period and the Bs took full advantage. Even in the second though they still had some great chances which TT had to make some epic saves. So while they gave up way to many in the second and were looking bad they were still getting fantastic chances. They took the first and the third. Timmy saved the day in the second and third many times. Some of those go in and the Bs lose even scoring 6.

One thing I cant stop noticing is how easily they enter the zone. I mean they are getting right up the middle and down the wings skating right past the Bs D. I dont think the Bs are going to stop them from scoring so the question will be can the Bs match their scoring.
kugie 03:46 AM 05-18-2011
What a crazy game!!
I was psyched for the kid (Seguin) he has been given the chance and has stepped up to the challenge. He deserves the starts.
Timmy, Should have played a better game than he did. He did make some big stops but that's what he is supposed to do. He is not supposed to have two games in a row where he lets in multiple soft/bad goals.

They still need to get away from the dump and chase style especially on the power play :-).
If they play another game like that I think my heart might stop. :-)

I love this game
Sawyer 05:58 AM 05-18-2011
Sloppy games make for exciting ones. The sloppy games like last night can go either way and seem to usually be decided by the goaltenders. Tampa was still in that game until the very end and had Thomas not stood on his head, the score could have easily been 9-6. I hear Bergeron may be back for game 3.
mithrilG60 09:05 PM 05-18-2011
No one even remotely associated with the Sharks better say a single word against the ref'ing again after that gift that they just gave Eager for his hit on Sedin. That was blatant headhunting, borderline intent to injure, and should have been 5 and a game without question. :-)
mithrilG60 09:34 PM 05-18-2011
Uh oh... the regular season Canucks are back tonite :-)
Ahbroody 11:08 PM 05-18-2011
I will be suprised if Eager even suits up again in this series. Wondering if he didnt play himself off the team altogether.

As a Sharks fan I was good with the 1st and part of the second the third makes you ashamed. By the way anyone notice almost every goal against Niemi was on the ice making him move laterally. Just an ugly game I hope they can recover from.
mithrilG60 12:00 AM 05-19-2011
Ya, that was a meltdown similar to our game 4 against the Hawks. Personally I think Eager will be back in game 3. McLellan said in the post game interview that, minus the penalties, that's exactly the game he wants from Eager. Eager was also the only Sharks player to show any real emotion in the second half. I'm not sure why the Sharks were so pissed about the Bieska-Marlowe fight. Marlowe clearly dropped the gloves first and then was schooled.

Anyone else notice the girl with the piecings flashing Eager in the penalty box? Not sure that's really a "punishment" for his transgressions :-)
Ahbroody 12:04 AM 05-19-2011
Oooh and geoff I thought there were more then enough non calls for the Canucks. I mean there should have been a double minor for Thortons face getting cutt. I find it funny you forgot that. Atleast Eager got called for something. I guess guys can get cut open and a no call is okay?

I can list a lot of other non calls but I dont like using the refs as an excuse. I think the Sharks have some room to complain about the officiating early. I didnt see that post of yours earlier. All I will say is it lacks a view of the whole game for you to make a statement like that given how effective the Sharks PP has been in this series. I think the Canucks are getting away with a fair amount.

The Sharks are getting nailed for almost everything the Canucks are not. Even with that they know whats up and need to play better if they expect to win.
mithrilG60 12:32 AM 05-19-2011
There were lots of missed calls in favour of the Sharks, for example every time Thorton was within reach of Kesler he was slashing and hacking like a fiend. The high stick was definitely a missed call but everything else, on both sides, was more or less playoff hockey.

And questionable calls? The Sedin "crosscheck" that resulted in the Sharks PP goal? I might be a little hazy on the rules but I thought that to be called for crosschecking you had to actually a) have BOTH hands on your stick and b) touch the other player. I'm not sure loosing an edge and falling in front on an opposing player really counts as being crosschecked.
Ahbroody 01:00 AM 05-19-2011
I will preface this by saying I have a long history of not complaining about officiating and my reply to you was based on what I feel was a really one sided and bad post by you saying the Sharks had no room to complain. I will also point out you have now said the refs missed a double minor.

The Heatley call was a makeup call because on the Canucks powerplay they let the interfernce call go. When the shark winger on the pk was impeded on his rush up ice after he dumped it in. It should have been called it wasnt and the Canucks scored on the PP. Also Sedin did make contact and Heatley sold it. So you could look at it from either way.

So that kills that and we still have the unaccounted 4 minutes of power play time. Whats the Sharks PP ratio against the canucks? Odds are they score one maybe two. Does that change the way the teams play? Yup.

My point is and was dont come in on your horse saying the Sharks cant complain when anyone with half a brain can show a huge non call which would have likely impacted the score. Then to comeback and say so they missed it, but they got this other minor which ignores why they got it is even worse. Sorry but your first post was bad and the rebuttal was uhhhh.

Look the storyline was aand is that the Sharks let their emotions get to them when they felt they were not getting some calls. They melted down and it was embarrassing. They should have kept plugging away. To say they have no room to complain or that they got over and ignore missed calls or understand why a call was made is sad. You cant come in on your horse about the Eager hit which he got two for and ignore a double minor high stick right infront of a ref when the Sharks PP has been lights out.

Oooo and niemi would have had trouble stopping my sons shots tonight. Wow was he ugly. But yeah your first post weak.
icehog3 01:11 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
By the way anyone notice almost every goal against Niemi was on the ice making him move laterally.
And the book on Niemi is high glove side. Niemi wasn't great, but he got ZERO help on several goals. :-)
Ahbroody 01:33 AM 05-19-2011
Yeah the D is killing them as usual. Nemo let in some softies though. My only hope is he has a rebound game like he usually does in game three. They have to win game three. I thought Nemo was weak High stick side? Ahhhhhhhh its over.

Was talking to some buddies Huskins, Wallin and Nitty are all off K next year. Hoping they put that 6 mill to a high level D man to Solidify the D. They are not going to win with this D.
mithrilG60 02:00 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
My point is and was dont come in on your horse saying the Sharks cant complain when anyone with half a brain can show a huge non call which would have likely impacted the score. Then to comeback and say so they missed it, but they got this other minor which ignores why they got it is even worse. Sorry but your first post was bad and the rebuttal was uhhhh.
My point was the Sharks were running around with the media between games whining like little girls about how the ref'ing is so unfair and the Canucks are selling everything and oh woe is us. Then a player like Eager spends a good couple minutes jumping up and down on his bench like a barely trained ape yelling at anyone and anything on the opposite team because he's upset that Marlowe decided to pick a fight with one of the tougher Canucks and got his ass handed to him as a result? Then the only response he can think of is jumping on the ice and making a beeline for the current Hart Trophy winner and most likely league MVP so he can run him into the boards from behind in a blatantly dangerous hit which borders on intent to injure? And for that Eager only gets 2 minutes? That's about as correct a call as not giving Torres a suspension for the hit on Seabrook, it's not even close to being in the same league as a missed high sticking call no matter how valid that penalty would have been.

Ya it sucks that H Sedin didn't get the 4 min penalty that he should have for that high stick. It doesn't change the fact that D Sedin was given a crosschecking penalty, that the Sharks scored on, when he didn't have 2 hand on his stick OR touch the Shark player. It doesn't change the fact that Thorton was slashing and hacking Kesler all night without any hint of a call. It doesn't change the fact that Eager got away with bloody murder in the hit on D Sedin. Of all of those the only one I have a real issue with it is the Eager hit, the rest is just playoff hockey... but to listen to the Sharks complaining about missed calls in a game where the ref'ing was well beyond kind to them and they just plain blew it is just stupid .

A very good point was raised on one of the after game shows tonite, the Canucks have long had a reputation of being a whiny team that cries about the ref'ing. While that was certainly true in the past it's just not the case anymore. At some stage you have to call a spade a spade and state the truth: the whiny b****es are not the team wearing an orca on their chests. The more the Predators chirped about the ref'ing the idiotic it made them look, the Sharks are on that same path right now.
Ahbroody 02:21 AM 05-19-2011
Ugggggghhh this is why I dont do this argument we can make these back and forths all day.

I already addressed the Sedin penalty call and why it was made. It was a makeup. I dont know how else to explain it. The Refs give makeups sometimes when they decide they missed something. Clearly a hockey fan should know that.

You seem to be wetting yourself over the Marleau fight. Please watch the game just prior to the fight. Your tough guy was crosschecking and sticking him. Why doesnt that tough guy do it to Clowe or Eager. He turned down those invites. Yup he goated a former bing winner into a fight. Hes a badass.

Now the Sharks are whiny bit&hes? Dude I am not going down this path with you. Post what you like. Talk all your trash and have fun playing with yourself.
Bruins Fan 03:57 AM 05-19-2011
I love playoff hockey!! :-):
icehog3 07:52 AM 05-19-2011
Bieksa is a b*tch.

You need any cheese with that whine? :-)
Ahbroody 09:45 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:

1). San Jose
2). Detroit
3). Hitler
4). Mussolini
5). Pol Pot
6). Che Guevera
7.) John Wayne Gacy
8). Vancouver
9). Osama Bin Laden
Dont you have a list to work on Tom.

Eagers post game comments were similar to yours on Bieksa. It appears he will be asking him to dance again. I doubt he will accept though.

Oooo and shut up John you big jerk. :-)
Page 104 of 138
« First < 45494102103104 105106114 > Last »
Up