Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 101 of 138
« First < 519199100101 102103111 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
mfarre03 12:42 AM 05-13-2011
I had the Flyers in our pool,, (not my choice) the bastards! lol
Bruins Fan 03:40 AM 05-13-2011
Congrats to the Sharks, it was a fun game to watch:-)
chand 05:15 AM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by chand:
I got TB, BOS, SJ & VAN this round, but as long as the Bolts win, I wouldn't mind if the rest lose.
4 for 4!
mithrilG60 08:38 AM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Congrats to the Sharks, it was a fun game to watch:-)
x2. Watched the game with a Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro, nice to finally know who Vancouver is going to meet in their 3rd of 4 rounds...
icehog3 08:47 AM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
x2. Watched the game with a Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro, nice to finally know who Vancouver is going to meet in their 3rd of 4 rounds...
Or 3rd of 3 rounds, if there is a God.

:-) J/K, good luck to the Nucks. :-)
357 12:14 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Congrats to the Sharks. Some great play tonight.

It was a great series. I was hoping my wings could pull it off but I'm not upset with how they played tonight. Now I'm just looking forward to Vancouver beating SJ like the red-headed step children they are
Congrats to the Sharks, they played better for longer. While I feel the Wings outplayed them for 40 of the 60 minutes last night, the Sharks played better in 4 of the 7 games; not necessarily the ones they won, but overall.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Congrats to the Wings for a good season...I sure hope Lidstrom comes back.

Congrats to the Sharks on their second straight trip to the Western Conference Finals. I will be rooting hard for them, but I don't have a lot of confidence that they can beat Vancouver, but few will be happier than I if they do.

How about an opening game shutout for Antti ("Niemi says 'NO' "), and the game winner for Ben Eager? :-)

Happy for you Mike! :-)

Sad for you Mike! :-)
Funny, Tyr's pulling for the Nucks and Tom is rooting for anyone but the Nucks (i.e. the Sharks). I'm sure it will be fun to watch, but then again it is the battle of the Western Conference's choke artists. :-) Both teams needed a 7th game to advance after going up 3-0 in these playoffs. I won't even mention their decades of prior playoff asphyxiation. :-)

Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Tyr that red headed stepchild has knocked you out two yeats in a row so I will just say.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYZyu...e_gdata_player
In all seriousness though Wings showed a ton of heart and pride. Dats and Zet are great. I hope Cleary is all right. That was scary. In the end the Sharks got Clowe back and with Cleary and that POS Bersmoochi pulling up lame the Sharks eeked it out. I can only hope I dont have to hear Mike complain about some random call or noncall that cost the Wings the series. I thought as a whole the refs let the boys play.

Scott I couldnt agree with your post more. As a Sharks fan and all the times the Wings did the Sharks we just like to see them fail. Its not right, but its fact. I was stunned they finally called that pick on the Wings in game 7. That one was really blatant. I take some joy in mentioning they had been doing it all series and having them call it. Thats the little stuff they always get away with I know you were referring to.

I actually watched almost the whole game as Micah wanted to skip hockey practice to watch the big game.

Tom I dont have a lot of faith either, but I can only hope Luongo $hits his pants as I dont think Nemo will. Both teams have a history of collapse. I do think after how banged up Detroit is right now the Sharks health wise had the better chance.
Mike, Mike, Mike, I will not make excuses. As I said, the Sharks deserved to win the series. I was hoping that the Wings could steal one. It seems many teams in the past have stolen games or even series from the Wings and I don't remember the Wings ever doing it to anyone else. Probably because they've been a 1 or 2 seed for almost 20 years. I guess if you're a top seed and you win, you didn't steal it you were supposed to win. But, I digress.

I understand your disdain for everything red and white. I feel the same about the damn teal and black. Ever since they ousted the Wings in the 93-94 playoffs (an 8 over a 1 seed) I have had a healthy dislike for the fish.

Anyway, now I have to put my support behind "The Captain" and hope he can hoist the cup as a GM in Florida.
GreekGodX 01:08 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
Anyway, now I have to put my support behind "The Captain" and hope he can hoist the cup as a GM in Florida.
That's what I'm hoping for too :-)

Congrats to the Sharks. Other than Joe Thorton I can't hate any of the Sharks. They were the better team last night. Looking forward to the rest of the rounds
Ahbroody 01:38 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
Congrats to the Sharks, they played better for longer. While I feel the Wings outplayed them for 40 of the 60 minutes last night, the Sharks played better in 4 of the 7 games; not necessarily the ones they won, but overall.

Mike, Mike, Mike, I will not make excuses. As I said, the Sharks deserved to win the series
Mike Mike Mike I wont quote your fours posts after the first 4 games where you complained at length about the officiating. I am glad you are not making excuses now. The comment at the top about them not playing better in some of the games they won seems to link back to some of your officiating complaints in the first games, but who knows. :-) You should now damn well by now I am going to poke you of I get the chance. Its all in fun though. Now lets all start poking Bruins Fan, hes fun also.

I think everyone can agree with Osgoods post game comments that it was the best series he had been apart of. I think it was one of the best in recent memory. I would have put the Hawks series above it if they had pulled it out. Even not taking it to OT made that series I think better

I am also hoping Tampa shows everyone their lightning bolt. Great club and GM.
yourchoice 02:10 PM 05-13-2011
I may as well make some predictions. I'm sticking by my statement that the long layoff hurt the Lightning and helped the Bruins. Bruins in 6.

The West...??? Which team will step up and get the monkey off their back? I'm still not a believer in Vancouver, but the Sharks have just as much to prove. I think pulling out the game 7 win gave the Sharks some confidence and will help propel them to the Cup finals.

Now who am I rooting for? Probably the Lightning and Sharks....that's subject to change if someone acts like whiney punks on the ice. :-) I'm also rooting for some drama, and Thorton returning to Boston in the Cup finals would qualify. Either way, I hope we have some great hockey! :-)
Bruins Fan 02:31 PM 05-13-2011
I'm looking forward to tomorrow night, Colin Campbell has told the officials to to call penalties on
dive plays :-)
My take five on five the B's win, they play stupid the five on fours will kill them?
All the talk around here is about Tampa's 1-3-1 system.
I think the key is getting the puck in the offensive zone clean and let the big forwards do their job:-)
icehog3 02:42 PM 05-13-2011
Guys on NHL (XM) said Boston is tailor-made to beat the 1-3-1 system with the size and strength of their forwards.

Hoping for a great, close series.
Ahbroody 04:37 PM 05-13-2011
Tampa reminds me of montreal, but more disciplined and more skilled. I think the potential for a great series is there. I think their speed and skill could give Boston problems. They dont the history the Habs had though.

I have not heard the lightning are divers. Is every small fast skill team a bunch of divers? Seems odd thats the throw down card. Fast skill teams do draw penalties against bigger slower teams often, but I dont see that as diving. Last I checked its called getting beat. I wonder if Campbell gave the greenlight to call headshots. Poke :-)
Bruins Fan 04:55 PM 05-13-2011
Divers,did you say divers? Just ask Bruce :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2RfrO1Nhqs
Ahbroody 05:59 PM 05-13-2011
.Lol @ Bruce. Wonder if he is coaching the Caps next year.

I will say I agree with the analyst statements as I said that above.
Fast high skill players draw penalties. Do they sell them yup. You can usually only sell if you get position first by beating your guy. I would say the analyst to a large extent reinforce my above post.

Diving to me is faking contact not selling a hook or trip.
icehog3 07:27 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
.Lol @ Bruce. Wonder if he is coaching the Caps next year.

I will say I agree with the analyst statements as I said that above.
Fast high skill players draw penalties. Do they sell them yup. You can usually only sell if you get position first by beating your guy. I would say the analyst to a large extent reinforce my above post.

Diving to me is faking contact not selling a hook or trip.
Originally Posted by NHL Rules:
64.1 Diving / Embellishment – Any player who blatantly dives, embellishes a fall or a reaction, or who feigns an injury shall be penalized with a minor penalty under this rule.
Embellishment is a major part of the rule....like the guy who gets tapped on the helmet with the stick and throws his head back like he has been shot. But it works for getting calls, the embellishment is rarely enforced, so some players ain't gonna quit. It's a shame. :-)
Ahbroody 08:23 PM 05-13-2011
Yeah I know Tom. The argument to that which drives me crazy is when you see a guy get highsticked and he sells it or gets tripped a little and sells it and they call the trip and the dive. Its one or the other to me. Either I got tripped or I didnt. I know your a dman though.

I get the point though. I dont think selling it when the guy gets his stick in your side or feet is going away. If the guy gets position and you chose to use the stick and he gets the call thats part of the game. Selling it doesnt always work, but everybody including superstars use it. To call a player a diver for selling a trip or a hook just rubs wrong. A diver is the phantom high stick or trip guy. A guy who sells a trip or a hook is majority of the league at one time or another when your trying to get your team an advantage. I think most players expect it. The outright soccer dive and roll is not very many and I dont think thats the Bolts. Do they use there speed to get and sell calls. I think many players do and I wouldnt call them divers.

The word blatantly jumps out. Selling a hook or slight trip is exploiting a players use of his stick. It has to be there in the first place to sell the hook or trip. I still just dont yhink the Bolts are a bunch of divers.
icehog3 11:56 PM 05-13-2011
Sad news....may "The Boogeyman" RIP.

Originally Posted by :
New York Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard was found dead Friday in his Minneapolis apartment. He was 28.

The team announced Boogaard's death on Friday night, but gave no details.

The Star Tribune newspaper in Minneapolis first reported Boogaard was found dead in his home by members of his family. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office in Minnesota confirmed those details and said an autopsy was pending.

"Derek was an extremely kind and caring individual," Rangers president and general manager Glen Sather said. "He was a very thoughtful person, who will be dearly missed by all those who knew him. We extend our deepest sympathies to his family, friends and teammates during this difficult time."

Boogaard signed a four-year, $6.5 million deal with Rangers in July and appeared in 22 games with them last season. He had a goal and an assist to go with 45 penalty minutes.

One of the most feared fighters in the league, Boogaard missed the last 52 games of the regular season with a concussion and shoulder injury and did not play in the playoffs.

Eleven 05:26 AM 05-14-2011
Saw this last night. That sucks.
ahc4353 06:44 AM 05-14-2011
X2 :-)
taltos 07:12 AM 05-14-2011
Embellishment is a major part of the rule....like the guy who gets tapped on the helmet with the stick and throws his head back like he has been shot. But it works for getting calls, the embellishment is rarely enforced, so some players ain't gonna quit. It's a shame. :-)
If they called every dive or embellishment, Montreal would start the game short handed. Go Bruins!:-)
Page 101 of 138
« First < 519199100101 102103111 > Last »
Up