Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 100 of 129
« First < 50909899100 101102110 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
hotreds 08:23 AM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
I've heard this, but im scared it would be the beginning of the end, but i dont know anymore. I'd die right now if i tried any of those intensive exercise regimes, need to start slow
Slow is the way to go!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:59 AM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Dropped three this week. No complaints- I realize I can't lose 50 lbs in a coupla weeks- alas!
Awesome job Hugh!
[Reply]
hotreds 05:25 PM 07-01-2011
Good info here!

http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archiv...xplanation.php
[Reply]
shilala 06:42 PM 07-01-2011
202.2 this morning. Not sure if that's a new low, but it may be.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:53 PM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
202.2 this morning. Not sure if that's a new low, but it may be.
:-)

This new workout program must be doing something to my metabolism. The last couple days I've been hungry like a horse. Still not taking in large counts of calories though, actually been cutting back on the carbs to less than 100g a day. We'll see at tomorrow's official weigh-in.

One question for you guys and gals. When you weigh-in, are you wearing any clothes or is it eau-naturale? I try to wear the same amount of clothing so it doesn't skew the results, but I don't want to strip down just so I can make myself feel better by squeaking out a lower number.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:57 PM 07-01-2011
Started reading a book called, "The End of Overeating". Not that far into it, but some pretty interesting facts about studies linking salt, sugar and fat and how it affects most people into over eating. Also how food companies know this and exploit it to their advantage. One study in rats showed that sugar and fat in quantity could induce responses that would cause the nearly the same response to seek out the food as cocaine addicts will for their fix.
[Reply]
goalie204 09:29 PM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Good info here!

http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archiv...xplanation.php
I started reading this, saw this at the beginning:

Originally Posted by :
Simple: Weight loss is a function of caloric deficit
and closed the browser window.
[Reply]
shilala 11:47 PM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
:-)

This new workout program must be doing something to my metabolism. The last couple days I've been hungry like a horse. Still not taking in large counts of calories though, actually been cutting back on the carbs to less than 100g a day. We'll see at tomorrow's official weigh-in.

One question for you guys and gals. When you weigh-in, are you wearing any clothes or is it eau-naturale? I try to wear the same amount of clothing so it doesn't skew the results, but I don't want to strip down just so I can make myself feel better by squeaking out a lower number.
Butt nekkid, right after I get out of the shower. That way I know how much I weigh, and not the clothes and stuff. :-)
[Reply]
Tyler 12:04 AM 07-02-2011
I need to lose like 10lbs and get better muscle mass. Maybe I will go workout tomorrow.... or I might sit on my ass cuz its Saturday lol. More power to you guys!
[Reply]
Mattso3000 12:08 AM 07-02-2011
I just need to get back out running...gained 10 lbs since I broke my foot 3 weeks ago. Out of the boot now, but still pretty sore.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:47 AM 07-02-2011
This new workout program must be doing something to my metabolism. The last couple days I've been hungry like a horse.
I've had the opposite effect. It seems like I get full quicker, which has made scaling back portions easier.

Originally Posted by :
I weigh in before my morning workout, so t-shirt and shorts for me.
254 this morning, that's 19 lbs so far. I've got a lot more energy, and my back isn't *****ing as much... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
forgop 07:06 AM 07-02-2011

Whatever method you choose to do is up to you. Just remember to use the same scale, same time of day, same clothes to get a good feel of your progress.

Foe example, my weigh-in will be Saturday mornings, on my digital scale, immediately after emptying my bladder. :-)
[Reply]
forgop 07:10 AM 07-02-2011
My first week on the Atkins induction is in the books. This is the hardest I've ever focused on drinking water in lieu of diet drinks. I must admit I am drinking 1 glass of a diet drink in the morning when I wake up, but that's it. Instead of going through a 2L+ of pop a day, it's lasting me almost a week and the rest is all water.

Today's weight was 220.8, down from 229.2, a loss of 8.4 lbs in my first week. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:07 AM 07-02-2011
Great job all around everyone. Some awesome weightloss numbers. For the new guys chiming in, the hardest part is getting started. It gets easier as you go along.

224.4 this morning. Not really much change in weight from last week. However my scale says I dropped 1% of body fat. Don't know how accurate that is, but it might be close. I've noticed that my belt is loser even though I didn't lose any weight.
[Reply]
shilala 12:24 PM 07-02-2011
199.4 this morning, ladies and gentlemen!!! :-) <insert parade here>
Apparantly something has changed again and I've started losing weight again. I think it's because all the heavy lifting part of the deck building is over. Whatever it is, it's awesome to be back on track.
I didn't believe the number, so I cleaned the feet on the scale and placed it on the exact same bathroom tile where I always place it, so the number is Guinness accurate.
I gotta say I've been smiles all morning about it, and I've very happy. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 02:42 PM 07-02-2011
Great job all around everyone. Some awesome weightloss numbers. For the new guys chiming in, the hardest part is getting started. It gets easier as you go along.
I gotta disagree with you there Bob. I find it easiest to START, and when you start you're motivated, and have what i call "religion" :P - For me the hardest part is sticking to it, and continuing! That is why i hope i've found something easy to stick to! :-)
[Reply]
forgop 02:53 PM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
I gotta disagree with you there Bob. I find it easiest to START, and when you start you're motivated, and have what i call "religion" :P - For me the hardest part is sticking to it, and continuing! That is why i hope i've found something easy to stick to! :-)
I was talking with my nurse practitioner at school. She said statistics show that most people fail after 3 weeks in terms of the workout out/dieting. When I've done diets over the last couple of years, that seems to be the case. I have 2 good weeks and then the 3rd week might taper off as far as discipline goes, I don't lose anymore, and then I just mail it in.

Fitness clubs are packed the first month of January and then tapers off like crazy as people fall short on their new year's resolutions.
[Reply]
goalie204 03:35 PM 07-02-2011
me too Duane, and as a result i've been "yo-yo" dieting as they call it, for as long as i can remember. This low carb thing is actually easier to stick to tho, because cutting out carbs and eating a good amount of fat and protein a) keeps you satiated, and b) curbs the cravings - at least for me anyway. Just my humble opinion!
[Reply]
Kreth 04:49 PM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
199.4 this morning, ladies and gentlemen!!! :-) <insert parade here>
Apparantly something has changed again and I've started losing weight again. I think it's because all the heavy lifting part of the deck building is over. Whatever it is, it's awesome to be back on track.
Congrats, Scott! You probably built up some muscle with all the lifting, and it's bumped up your metabolism. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
shilala 04:47 PM 07-03-2011
199.2 this morning. :-)
Hope everyone is hangin tough. It's a difficult junkfood/good food/awesome food weekend.
Just remember, the food will ALWAYS be there. If not this weekend, some other weekend. There's no reason we can't try a little of all of it, but there's no reason to eat to the edge where we almost need an ambulance. :-)
You guys have an awesome weekend!!!
[Reply]
Page 100 of 129
« First < 50909899100 101102110 > Last »
Up