Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 100 of 350
« First < 50909899100 101102110150200 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigFrank 04:49 PM 06-02-2009
Deadlifted bout an hour ago.
Pulled 545x5. As usual my lack of attention and conditioning has made me get super lazy at high reps. I think honestly I could have pulled that weight at least 8 to 9 times. But the 5th went up, I held it for a second, dropped it, then sat down.

Funny really, I've gotten stronger and lazier at the same time. Almost ironic. My hands also are sore.
Chris. 07:17 PM 06-02-2009
Isn't the deadlift just a power clean without pulling up onto your chest? that's A LOT of weight man!
PeteSB75 06:30 AM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
Isn't the deadlift just a power clean without pulling up onto your chest? that's A LOT of weight man!
The bottom half of the power clean is similar to the motion of a deadlift, but they are very different exercises. The speed and explosive nature of the power clean train for power, rather than pure strength, like the dead.
BigFrank 09:20 AM 06-03-2009
Deadlift
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BDeadlift.html
Power Clean
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...fts/Clean.html
PeteSB75 11:40 AM 06-03-2009
Frank, you using just a hook grip for that dead, over/under grip, or straps?
BigFrank 01:37 PM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Frank, you using just a hook grip for that dead, over/under grip, or straps?
I use a hook grip until about 4 plates ~ 400 lbs. After that I start using over-under grip. Chalk, never straps for deadlifts. The only time I use straps is for certain back exercises, mainly pull ups and rows. I want to focus more on using my back more, and they help with that.
Depends on each person I guess. I have never had any issues with hand strength. Granted my hands aren't as strong as some others, I figure as long as I can hold the weight I am deadlifting that's enough for me. If it becomes an issue were my hands are failing before everything else, then I would address my grip strength. Until then its things as normal.
PeteSB75 06:33 AM 06-04-2009
I think I will have to try some chalk. Running into some issues as I increase the weight, but my grip strength does seem to be improving along with my dead, though not quite keeping pace. I'm good at 225 or so, but have a tough time over 250. I started going to over/under at that point, but I really don't like it. My right grip is stronger than my left and combined with the over/under, it seems to throw me off a little.
The Professor 06:59 AM 06-04-2009
I want to just forget about today -- probably the worst leg day I've had in a year. Here's my tip: don't slip on dog drool before you go to the gym for leg work. It helps to not have a lot on your mind, too.

Oy. :-)
The Professor 07:02 AM 06-04-2009
I think I will have to try some chalk. Running into some issues as I increase the weight, but my grip strength does seem to be improving along with my dead, though not quite keeping pace. I'm good at 225 or so, but have a tough time over 250. I started going to over/under at that point, but I really don't like it. My right grip is stronger than my left and combined with the over/under, it seems to throw me off a little.
Chances are, your gym prohibits chalk because it makes a mess. If that's the case, you can buy "liquid chalk." It's not nearly as good; but it's better than nothing for adding a little stick to your grip.
PeteSB75 08:00 AM 06-04-2009
I've seen guys using chalk there in the past. In any case, I never see more than 1 or 2 employees there when I am in at 5, so I'm fine. :-)
Starscream 11:02 AM 06-04-2009
Post workout protein shake - Body Fortress Whey Protein.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10322405
Is this product sufficient?
The Professor 11:14 AM 06-04-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I *think* that's made by Met-Rx. Honestly, though, I'd go for Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

ADB is going to tell you the same thing. I recommend the Rocky Road flavor (ADB's favorite, too) because it tastes awesome. :-) That and a good multi (I use OptiMen, by Optimum Nutrition too) should help.

And drink LOTS of water. :-)
Chris. 11:34 AM 06-04-2009
I use this. Chocolate is the best flavor. Cookies and Cream is TERRIBLE. Haven't had the strawberry. It really depends on your goals. Some people use muscle milk because it helps you gain weight more. It has more sugar than body fortress does. It has a lot of protein in it and it's cheap. Big selling point to me.
Starscream 11:44 AM 06-04-2009
I use this. Chocolate is the best flavor. Cookies and Cream is TERRIBLE. Haven't had the strawberry. It really depends on your goals. Some people use muscle milk because it helps you gain weight more. It has more sugar than body fortress does. It has a lot of protein in it and it's cheap. Big selling point to me.
Looking to lose fat, not gain weight. One scoop of Body Fortress stuff is light in calories but has 23g protein. Muscle Milk is has more sugar than I need.

Thanks for the info, Chris and Dokk.:-)
Chris. 01:20 PM 06-04-2009
In my last sentence I was talking about Fortress. I see now that it looks like I'm talking about MM. I'm pretty sure MM isn't cheap. lol
BigFrank 01:54 PM 06-04-2009
My gym actually prohibits chalk also. But I use it in front of the owner and she doesnt care. Trick is to not make a ****ing mess honestly.
Pm me your address I'll send ya a block or two. Its 10 bucks for a box of 12 so, I got some extras.
BigFrank 01:55 PM 06-04-2009
bump dokks ON push. I like it also, rocky road is good. Right now I use a different brand, but very similar to ON's profile. If ya plan on using a lot, order online and get 5lbs or 10lbs.
Mugen910 02:07 PM 06-04-2009
Hi...My name is Bao and I'm a lazy fuker! :-)
BigFrank 02:11 PM 06-04-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Hi...My name is Bao and I'm a lazy fuker! :-)
lolol
QQ Bao

off to the gym for random accessory craps. Might do some laying around with some sitting, then im going to super set with some stretching and water drinking. Then im going to finish with a post workout drink 24oz curl super setting with some mouth flapping.

imma set a PR.
Mugen910 02:12 PM 06-04-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
lolol
QQ Bao

off to the gym for random accessory craps. Might do some laying around with some sitting, then im going to super set with some stretching and water drinking. Then im going to finish with a post workout drink 24oz curl super setting with some mouth flapping.

imma set a PR.
:-)

I haven't been to the gym in weeks after the marathon...I need to get back into the swing of things. :-)
Page 100 of 350
« First < 50909899100 101102110150200 > Last »
Up