Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 207
« First < 8910 11122060110 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Let's see pictures of your humidors !!
neoflex 07:51 AM 11-06-2008
You guys put me to shame when it comes to being neat and organized. My cabinet looks nice and neat if you just look at the box portion of it but open any of the drawers and it's a mess. I tried to keep things really organized in them but once you start running out of room things just go to hell.:-)
[Reply]
neoflex 07:53 AM 11-06-2008
Shaerza that cabinet is gorgeous. I really like teh fact that it also has some history behind. Very classy!
[Reply]
neoflex 07:58 AM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by DonnieW:
The loss of real estate is the fault of many here... And I thank you. :-)

What cabinet is that and who manufactures it? I only ask because that would go great with my end table cabinet and would also look great in my dining room. Very nice!
[Reply]
Tw3nty 12:38 PM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by Shaerza:
I will start with an apology for such a long post here... but showing my humidor without telling the story just doesnt work! Last year when I started buying more then one cigar at a time I sent out an inquiry to my uncle about having him build a endtable humidor for me. Really the only way to describe him would be as an expert woodworking artist. Anyways, this is what I ended up with. Pics are poorly lit but I tried!

The most special thing about this humidor is that aside from the spanish cedar interior, it is built entirely from wood that we found in my grandads basement when we were cleaning it up after he passed away 2 years ago. One of the very first things we decided was that this cabinet was going to be called "The Grandad", and we gave it a nice nameplate indicating as such.

There are 5 different types of wood used, and everything here that looks like it could multiple pieces of wood, is! All the patterns and seperate wood types are inlaid. The top alone was 106 seperate pieces of wood!

I gave him the basic dimensions of what I wanted and he created this design entirely on his own. These pictures hardly do it justice..seeing it for the first time in person I was literally just speechless. The bottom section has 2 adjustable shelves for box storage, and the drawer on the top has 2 levels with a shelf on the top that can slide forward or back and be removed. He cut several adjustable dividers as well.

that is sweet.
[Reply]
Jbailey 01:01 PM 11-06-2008
You got one hell of a humidor Dan, it's incredible!
[Reply]
DonnieW 04:06 PM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by Shaerza:
That's beautiful. He's an inlay master, without question. 106 pieces? No doubt in my mind.

It's beyond sweet to have something of this caliber that also holds sentimental value. That piece will be passed through the generations I'm sure.
[Reply]
AdamC 05:53 PM 11-06-2008
The latest version since I got the trays from Tim

[Reply]
Rockestone 12:21 PM 11-08-2008

My modest humidor.:-)
[Reply]
OLS 02:21 PM 11-12-2008
You guys obviously have no fear of burglars. I am in Memphis, where even DaKlugs has had stuff stolen! I have several ice chests of habanos, and everyone is custom spattered with faux blood and grime and they have "fish only" or "shrimp only" marks-a-lotted on the exterior. No one really wants to go into THOSE things. 'Cep me, tee-hee.
[Reply]
OLS 02:23 PM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by Rockestone:

My modest humidor.:-)
That's how it ALWAY starts. Don't you worry, you'll be ruined soon enough.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:03 AM 11-15-2008
things are getting out of hand, I have no space anymore in my 1000ct humidor, and I need to fit in a Hydra LG too. There are more boxes heading my way. And I registered here because I thought CA stood for Cigars anonymous: Hi, I'm Don Fernando and I am an addict

[Reply]
SmokeyNL 05:05 AM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
things are getting out of hand, I have no space anymore in my 1000ct humidor, and I need to fit in a Hydra LG too. There are more boxes heading my way. And I registered here because I thought CA stood for Cigars anonymous: Hi, I'm Don Fernando and I am an addict

looks like you need a cooler or something for additional storage :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 05:30 AM 11-15-2008
Looking great in there Don. Love to hear you've got more inbound. Remember when you were talking trash about the US Military? This is what happens Don!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:33 AM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Looking great in there Don. Love to hear you've got more inbound. Remember when you were talking trash about the US Military? This is what happens Don!
the US military caused less then 5% of what you see Jon, it's peanuts :-) And the stuff inbound is stuff I ordered. No bombs, althoug Wanger said he send some tag alongs.
[Reply]
AdamC 07:36 AM 11-15-2008
Most people around my area know me and not to steal from me.
[Reply]
shvictor 08:16 AM 11-15-2008
the US military caused less then 5% of what you see Jon, it's peanuts :-) And the stuff inbound is stuff I ordered. No bombs, althoug Wanger said he send some tag alongs.
Don, you need to bomb Bao more and make some room. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 08:29 AM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by AdamC:
Most people around my area know me and not to steal from me.
Me too. My two dogs will eat your f***in legs off before you make it out. :-)
[Reply]
AdamC 08:56 AM 11-15-2008
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Me too. My two dogs will eat your f***in legs off before you make it out. :-)
haha nice.
[Reply]
rizzle 01:02 PM 11-18-2008
Shaerza, that is probably the best humi I have ever seen. Your uncle created something for you that no value could ever be placed upon.

Congratulations.
[Reply]
Darrell 01:05 PM 11-18-2008
Wait....you were talking trash about the U.S. Military? :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 207
« First < 8910 11122060110 > Last »
Up