Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 21
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Sports>Tom Brady
AdamJoshua 06:54 PM 05-17-2015
[Reply]
icehog3 10:48 PM 05-17-2015
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Why do you think DirecTV just paid $12 billion to continue to have exclusive broadcast rights to out of market games? Because otherwise nobody would use their sh!tty product.
:-)
I use DirecTv, and I couldnt give a sh!t about out of market football games.
[Reply]
Stephen 07:36 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I use DirecTv, and I couldnt give a sh!t about out of market football games.
Being a Bears fan, I'd imagine you don't give a sh!t about in market football games, either. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:10 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Being a Bears fan, I'd imagine you don't give a sh!t about in market football games, either. :-)
I'm always glad the Blackhawks are starting a month or so after the Bears so I can see some wins. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 11:19 AM 05-19-2015
Interesting.
Team will not appeal judgment.
Will accept punishment as has been handed down.

Let the legal scholar debate begin but this is what I would call a "quiet" admission. If so outraged, why not appeal it? Food for thought.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:09 PM 05-19-2015
Let me channel Thomas here and say, remember when Arod was going to sue everyone under the Sun?
[Reply]
The Poet 07:15 PM 05-19-2015
And didn't Barry Bonds just file a collusion suit? :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 05:47 AM 05-20-2015
Way too funny!

[Reply]
Stephen 06:52 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
And didn't Barry Bonds just file a collusion suit? :-)
Sure did. That one will be interesting to see how it plays out.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:49 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Way too funny!

I like the old model with the little video camera. :-)

See? Even I can laugh about it.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:37 PM 05-20-2015
Well they accepted the penalties so :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:08 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Well they accepted the penalties so :-)
Kraft needs Goodell to stay as commissioner for Kraft to have the power he has in the league. If Kraft pressured other owners or somehow pushed Goodell out; he may not have a champion/puppet on his side with the next commissioner. The money and draft picks is just the price you pay to be in the position he is. Kraft was stupid to comment like he did before the report came out.
[Reply]
Dave128 08:48 AM 05-22-2015
[Reply]
mhailey 12:25 PM 05-22-2015
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:37 PM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by Dave128:
She's not dead, that's afterglow. :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 11:42 PM 05-22-2015
As far as I see it, if your not cheating, your not trying hard enough. Looks like the Patriots are the only team that deserves the Super Bowl championship.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:49 AM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by Weelok:
As far as I see it, if your not cheating, your not trying hard enough. Looks like the Patriots are the only team that deserves the Super Bowl championship.
They don't have a monopoly on that. On another note: they really need to get control of the constant rule changes; I can't keep up.

In baseball, has anyone ever heard a base runner say to the ump "I was out' or "I missed second"? Ty Cobb constantly spiked the crap out of the shins of his opponents (he was a colossal douche-bag), and pitchers have always tried to doctor the balls. If you can get around the ump, you can get away with it. Baseball players are always trying to "deke" the play; you know, drop an infield pop-up to get the easy out at second. Football, on the other hand, has gotten prissy.
[Reply]
shilala 01:30 AM 05-23-2015
Darren, I knows you're out of your element with this football deal.
Here's the thing. Bill Belichick is the best football mind EVAR. He has been since he put together the totally insane coaching squad that skipped out of Cleveland long ago.
I mean, seriously, mano eh mano, Belichick is that guy. Maybe someone could make a Coughlin argument.
But nobody has been so learned and married to the game as Belichick has been since the 90's.
If he sees a way to undress you, your skirt is coming off.
THAT is a coach's job.
[Reply]
Subvet642 02:09 AM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
Darren, I knows you're out of your element with this football deal.
Here's the thing. Bill Belichick is the best football mind EVAR. He has been since he put together the totally insane coaching squad that skipped out of Cleveland long ago.
I mean, seriously, mano eh mano, Belichick is that guy. Maybe someone could make a Coughlin argument.
But nobody has been so learned and married to the game as Belichick has been since the 90's.
If he sees a way to undress you, your skirt is coming off.
THAT is a coach's job.
We love him up here. He learned football at his father's knee at Annapolis. His father is the only civilian to be granted the honor of being buried there. I was just making a general statement about football and how it seems to have become needlessly complicated and how baseball looks rather "laissez faire" in comparison.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:56 AM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
They don't have a monopoly on that. On another note: they really need to get control of the constant rule changes; I can't keep up.

In baseball, has anyone ever heard a base runner say to the ump "I was out' or "I missed second"? Ty Cobb constantly spiked the crap out of the shins of his opponents (he was a colossal douche-bag), and pitchers have always tried to doctor the balls. If you can get around the ump, you can get away with it. Baseball players are always trying to "deke" the play; you know, drop an infield pop-up to get the easy out at second. Football, on the other hand, has gotten prissy.
Obviously the only solution is that if a pitcher is seen scuffing the baseball, he needs to be banned for life and the team he was playing against needs to sue him.

[Reply]
Page 10 of 21
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Up