Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 22
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
General Discussion>Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops
shilala 12:03 PM 09-13-2013
That made me lol for real, Cole. :-)
[Reply]
chaase321 04:44 AM 09-16-2013
Alright Shilala...looks like we may need to talk this over :-)

My bet said "your BEST QB and WR combined score, against my BEST QB and WR combined score"

Well...that means this could go two ways:
1. Your Best Starters
QB (Wilson) 10.98 + WR (Jackson) 42.30 = 53.28

1. My Best Starters
QB (Vick) 41.22 + WR (Jackson) 12.7 = 53.92

I win scenario #1 by the hair on my chinny chin chin

2. You Best Overall (including bench)
QB (Cutler, Bench) 18.50 + WR (Jackson) = 60.8

2. My Best Overall (including bench)
QB (Vick) 41.22 + WR (Decker, bench) 17.70 = 58.92

You win scenario #2 by a few hairs on your chinny chin chin

So...since I didn't clarify as to starters or not when saying "best"...I would have to say, I lost to you yet again :-)
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 06:58 PM 09-16-2013
Hey all, want to apologize that I have been gone for the last few weeks. In that time I got married, went on the honeymoon, so I've been completely out of the loop. I look forward to get some bets going this upcoming week.

Sending my sticks out this week + added troop smokes!
[Reply]
mkarnold1 07:10 PM 09-16-2013
Congrats Jarrod!
[Reply]
chaase321 05:53 AM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
Hey all, want to apologize that I have been gone for the last few weeks. In that time I got married, went on the honeymoon, so I've been completely out of the loop. I look forward to get some bets going this upcoming week.

Sending my sticks out this week + added troop smokes!
Got married!!! No wonder you stayed away from some of us married men :-) we would have given you a nice :-) and advised otherwise :-)

Nah, congrats brother, glad to hear everything is going well, we were starting to worry about you. Thanks for touching base and good luck with the bets...steer clear of Shilala though, I think he is cheating :-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 11:54 AM 09-17-2013
Congrats, Jarrod!

Looks like I lost 10 to Shilala...Cole you can figure out who won your bet with Scott...:-)

It's week 3! Historically, I've bet everyone this week so I guess I'll do it again. You're all on. 5 of my troop sticks vs. 0 of yours. I pay 5 for anyone who outscores me this week. Good luck to all! (No need to "take" this bet...you can't lose)
[Reply]
shilala 03:00 PM 09-17-2013
Cole, I thought what you did. I'm gonna let you win this one, but only if you bet me 10 troop sticks this coming week, bet of your choice. Deal?

Sorry about the ass-whoopin, Matt. I wish I'd have saved some of that for our Super Bowl this year!!! :-)

I'll take all comers, bet-wise.
Mark, I'll bet you 10 sticks and spot you 11 points. That's roughly the difference in the week's projection, so we'll have an even slate. Anyone who wouldn't cover that bet needs to rush in for a mammogram.

On other bets, I really dig bizarre stuff. Cole's bet last week was cool. Heck, we could pick any two kickers in the league and highest combined score wins. Anything, and I mean, ANYTHING is cool with me. The more bizarre the better. :-)
[Reply]
chaase321 03:19 PM 09-17-2013
Scott, I'll bet you this week....here's the bet:

10 Troop Sticks
-I bet that the NFC will throw more interceptions this week than the AFC throws this week.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 11:28 PM 09-17-2013
Scott, I'll take your bet straight up. No points. My mammogram came back clean. Speaking of mammograms... Did you accept the Fantasy Baseball bet for this week's playoff matchup between us?
[Reply]
TJarv 05:15 PM 09-18-2013
Fed Ex attempted to deliver the pass to me today but they got here 10 minutes before I got home. Hopefully I'm home when they try tomorrow.
[Reply]
chaase321 06:45 AM 09-19-2013
Which is why I use UPS! :-) jk

If you leave a note for them attached to the slip, with your signature and printed name they may leave it...that has worked for me a couple times in the past when signature was required.
[Reply]
chaase321 06:48 AM 09-19-2013
New pass order...PLEASE TAKE NOTE!

Shilala - Done
Chaase321 - Done
Mattso3000 - Done
MkArnold1 - Done
Malakai - Done
Tjarv - Receiving today (hopefully)
Jenks Anejo -
Beeradvocate - Please skip this round
Coach deg
Sofaman

So Jarrod, you will send to Coach in Florida. I will send a PM as well to make sure we get that. Travis needed to skip this round, but will hopefully join back up next round :-) Thanks guys! This is going well!!!!
[Reply]
TJarv 07:19 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by chaase321:

If you leave a note for them attached to the slip, with your signature and printed name they may leave it...that has worked for me a couple times in the past when signature was required.
I'm leaving work early today to make sure I can get it. I'm leaving town tomorrow and want to make sure I get it back out.
[Reply]
shilala 10:16 AM 09-19-2013
Scott, I'll bet you this week....here's the bet:

10 Troop Sticks
-I bet that the NFC will throw more interceptions this week than the AFC throws this week.
Deal. :-)

Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
Scott, I'll take your bet straight up. No points. My mammogram came back clean. Speaking of mammograms... Did you accept the Fantasy Baseball bet for this week's playoff matchup between us?
Never saw it, Mark. Send me a pm, will ya?
I haven't made a bet one over there, so I'll probably say no, but I'll take your bet here.
Edit:
I looked for your bet at the Yahoo league page and didn't find anything.
Then I looked for our FB thread here and couldn't find the thread.
I have now given up. Go ahead and send me a pm, will ya? You do realize you're kicking my ass royally, right? :-)

I sure hope he won't leave it without a signature, not with insurance on it.
That'd be a crazy silly risk for Tony to take.
On the other hand, they'll deliver it to a neighbor that's home. I did UPS for awhile and we delivered Dell computers every single day. They all needed signature release. We left lots and lots at the old lady's house next door and left a note with the folks that bought it.
Leaving them outside for any reason, even a pre-sign, was not an option, even though UPS allows you to presign.
There's only 3 things we couldn't leave that over-rode the presign. Jewelry, Guns, and computers. Crazy, huh?
[Reply]
chaase321 10:55 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
I sure hope he won't leave it without a signature, not with insurance on it.
That'd be a crazy silly risk for Tony to take.
On the other hand, they'll deliver it to a neighbor that's home. I did UPS for awhile and we delivered Dell computers every single day. They all needed signature release. We left lots and lots at the old lady's house next door and left a note with the folks that bought it.
Leaving them outside for any reason, even a pre-sign, was not an option, even though UPS allows you to presign.
There's only 3 things we couldn't leave that over-rode the presign. Jewelry, Guns, and computers. Crazy, huh?
Yeah I wasn't really thinking when I wrote that...totally wasn't thinking about the pass, was just thinking about a package at the time. early morning drowsiness! :-)

I sure hope they wouldn't leave it when insurance is required on it. Way to :-) me straight Scott!
[Reply]
TJarv 11:04 AM 09-19-2013
Yeah my gf told me to just leave a note but I don't want to risk it
[Reply]
Mattso3000 11:13 AM 09-19-2013
It was easy for me...working for UPS I called the center delivering the pass to me and told them my garage door was open for the driver. The pass was in the entryway just inside the door from the garage to the house.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 11:16 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
Deal. :-)

Never saw it, Mark. Send me a pm, will ya?
I haven't made a bet one over there, so I'll probably say no, but I'll take your bet here.
Edit:
I looked for your bet at the Yahoo league page and didn't find anything.
Then I looked for our FB thread here and couldn't find the thread.
I have now given up. Go ahead and send me a pm, will ya? You do realize you're kicking my ass royally, right? :-)

Ok, next time I'll PM you instead of bumping a thread from 5 months ago:-)
I wouldn't expect you to take the bet now with the :-) you're getting. There's plenty of time left for a comeback though.
[Reply]
TJarv 03:09 PM 09-19-2013
Alright I think I've got everything lined out, let me know if there's any objections.

NC takes:

NC puts:

CC takes:

CC puts:

Extras: The DPG is from 2007 and is amazing
[Reply]
Mattso3000 11:16 PM 09-19-2013
Everything looks great with the exception of the mow puro. Not sure if it meets the pass criteria. I love those things but iirc they are only about 4 bucks a pop.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 22
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Up