Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Health and Fitness>P90X Workout
yourchoice 05:27 PM 01-17-2011
I started my second 90 day cycle today, doing the Classic version as intended. In the month I haven't been training, I've continued eating right (for the most part - Christmas and New Year parties....:-)), have worked out some, but not as much as I hoped, and am starting pretty much where I left off in December...plus about two pounds. That should come off in a flash. :-)

I'm amazed how a much a little time off can effect rep counts. Nothing drastic, but I hoped to be able to match where I left off in the first workout. Close, but not quite the same. I definitely struggled with ab ripper more than I thought, but I hunted on Saturday, assigning myself "designated driver" and if you have ever hunted through briars, reeds, cattails, etc., it's like doing dozens and dozens of different exercises. Crawling through the briars actually reminded me of dive bomber pushups. :-) Anyway, my hip flexors and glutes were sore today from Saturday, so that may have affected my reps.

Good stuff...already looking forward to working out tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 04:26 PM 01-18-2011
First time doing Plyo (you don't do it with Lean).

SUCKED! :-)
[Reply]
forgop 04:36 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by yourchoice:

Plyo has a tendency to make you want to throw up. Very intense.

I like the plyo so much, that's literally the only DVD I do out of the set. I don't get into the kick boxing stuff, yoga, or the lifting stuff because I'm gonna wait until I get some actual dumbbells. Bands are too difficult because there's so much variation in tensions and hard to keep track of.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:38 PM 01-18-2011

:-)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I always warn folks: Rock Star Hops & Jump Knee Tucks blow. :-) Even Tony says, "I'm feelin' kinda nauseous--I don't like it that much."

I hate it. But I love it! Not really.
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:48 AM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I always warn folks: Rock Star Hops & Jump Knee Tucks blow. :-) Even Tony says, "I'm feelin' kinda nauseous--I don't like it that much."
They are the worst...especially when you are one of those "White Boys [who] Can't Jump".

:-) Exactly!
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 07:54 AM 01-22-2011
Agreed Pylo sucks the most... Has anyone had anyfeet problems due to the work out. the wife and I both, ironically on day 10 got ingrown, sore toes.... odd... we're taking a day or two off to rest the feet then hitting it again.

They are the worst...especially when you are one of those "White Boys [who] Can't Jump".

:-) Exactly!

[Reply]
12stones 08:00 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by JohnnyKay5:
Agreed Pylo sucks the most... Has anyone had anyfeet problems due to the work out. the wife and I both, ironically on day 10 got ingrown, sore toes.... odd... we're taking a day or two off to rest the feet then hitting it again.
I used my Vibram Five Fingers when I did Plyo and it made a world of difference on how it impacted my feet and knees. They're a bit pricey, but completely worth it for many reasons (no matter how ugly they are).
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 08:50 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by 12stones:
I used my Vibram Five Fingers when I did Plyo and it made a world of difference on how it impacted my feet and knees. They're a bit pricey, but completely worth it for many reasons (no matter how ugly they are).
The thing is everyone I've seen with them loves them. I might have to sacrifice a box of stick for them
[Reply]
ade06 05:34 PM 01-23-2011
Originally Posted by 12stones:
I work out in the Vibram Five Fingers too! The last two times I've done plyo, my right big toe started blistering... I had the "shoes" for over 2 years and this is the first time I've had any troubles.
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 08:58 PM 01-23-2011
Originally Posted by ade06:
I work out in the Vibram Five Fingers too! The last two times I've done plyo, my right big toe started blistering... I had the "shoes" for over 2 years and this is the first time I've had any troubles.
Same big toe, he says in the beginning you can sub cardiox for it, im gonna try that next time..
[Reply]
Apoco 09:56 AM 01-24-2011
I don't work out at all (dislocated shoulders suck) but Five Fingers are freaking awesome. I'm at 2 pairs and having to show self control to not pick up a pair made out of smartwool. K - I'll stop thread jacking now :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
yourchoice 05:05 PM 03-16-2011
Week 7 of round 2...the more you do the workouts, the more strange things you notice. Today I did Legs and Back (for the 12th time total), and for the first time noticed that during Sneaky Lunges Tony loses count, and instead of doing 20 (like he says both before and after the exercise) we actually do 22! Bastage! :-)

Still losing weight...not like the first time (as expected), but I'm down a total of 55-57 pounds. I'm not eating quite as well as I did during round 1, but still way better than before I started. Hoping for a total loss of 62 lbs or maybe even 67 when finished this round, bringing me down to 235-240 (I'm okay with that on my 6'5"+ frame)....probably would be easier if I hadn't start drinking craft beer again!:-)

How do you all calculate your body fat percentage? With an online calculator, or a device of some sort?
[Reply]
ade06 06:46 PM 03-16-2011
How do you all calculate your body fat percentage? With an online calculator, or a device of some sort?
Our electronic scale calculates body fat.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:14 PM 03-16-2011
I use a skinfold caliper--GNC has some for about $15--and then key my measurements in here using the Jackson/Pollock 7 Caliper Method:

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

Our bathroom scale has never varied in its readings, but I can document a steady progression using the calipers.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:17 PM 03-16-2011
Originally Posted by ade06:
Our electronic scale calculates body fat.
Mine does too, but according to it, I should look about like this:

I'll look into the body calipers. :-)
[Reply]
Commander Quan 11:34 AM 03-17-2011
I am on day 4 of week 3. This is my second go at P90X I started it a year 1/2 ago and got to week 5 and then blew out 2 of my disks in my lower back, and was out of action completely for about 6 months. I had lost about 20 pounds at that point but after the injury I could barley put a sock on my foot because my back hurt so much. I gained back all the weight I lost plus some on double cheeseburgers and beer while I felt sorry for myself. The bad eating habits continued eating 2 gigantic meals a day and not working out.

Within the last 2 months my back has really felt better, and I decided to see this 90 through. I am not following the meal plan but am eating 5-6 small meals a day, and generally eating more clean, and have given up the double crack burgers.
[Reply]
yourchoice 11:50 AM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
I am on day 4 of week 3. This is my second go at P90X I started it a year 1/2 ago and got to week 5 and then blew out 2 of my disks in my lower back, and was out of action completely for about 6 months. I had lost about 20 pounds at that point but after the injury I could barley put a sock on my foot because my back hurt so much. I gained back all the weight I lost plus some on double cheeseburgers and beer while I felt sorry for myself. The bad eating habits continued eating 2 gigantic meals a day and not working out.

Within the last 2 months my back has really felt better, and I decided to see this 90 through. I am not following the meal plan but am eating 5-6 small meals a day, and generally eating more clean, and have given up the double crack burgers.
That's awesome that you're back on track, Derrick! Keep up the good work, brother!

Did you hurt your back doing P90X or was it unrelated?
[Reply]
e-man67 11:55 AM 03-17-2011

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

This is an understatement...the rock star hops/knee tucks I did on Saturday still hurt my knees today...I am going to have to cut out the the "hop" and modify.
[Reply]
Christiel49 12:02 PM 03-17-2011
Mine does too, but according to it, I should look about like this:

I'll look into the body calipers. :-)
:-):-) I started it late last year...then life happened and got off track! I really enjoyed the P90x workout ( & the poly!!) When I get back from Mexico I plan on starting the lean plan. Hopefully Y'all will continue to post so I will stay interested.

There for a min I thought that was a pic of me! :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:38 PM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by e-man67:
This is an understatement...the rock star hops/knee tucks I did on Saturday still hurt my knees today...I am going to have to cut out the the "hop" and modify.
If the high impact bothers you, don't be afraid to do the CardioX routine in its place. It's still a hell of a workout. I did the Lean version the first time through (no Plyo, CardioX in its place), and have done the CardioX in lieu of Plyo two out of six times this time through (doing Classic). I have problems with my plantar fascia from time to time, and if it's not feeling 100%, I do CardioX. No regrets from me.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up